THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Double Rifle Shooters Society
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Rifle Shooters Society
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Well, as I have personally seen at DSC and on the forums over the past couple of months, the ranks of the DRSS has been swelling.

With that being said, I hope all of the new members know where they can get the official DRSS apparel from:

Onyx Embroidery, Inc.
1354 Combermere Dr. Suite E
Troy, Michigan 48083
Phone: 1-248-588-9393 Fax: 1-248-588-4032

www.onyxemb.com

Also, I'd like to do a sound off to see all who is now a rifle carrying member of our Band of Brothers.

(Even if you have a DR on order, you are still a member!)

So, sound off, ya'll!!!! Who do we have in our ranks these days???

577NitroExpress
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Count me in. Just got my 450/400 at DSC saturday! Can't wait to get components to get her up and running and join in on the fun! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
cheers Smiler

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am a member-in-waiting for my order to be filled.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
placed my order for a PH in 450/400 in October Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got two and shopping for number three. One Searcy and one Krieghoff. Next will be a 9.3. cheers to all DRSS members!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Waiting on a searcy classic.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Grizzly(Jim)/Mac/Tony! They enrolled me in the Rusty's Butch Searcy Classic 450/400 3 inch Christmas Club! It will make my second double in a year or so!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
I'm in!...Just waiting for the 577 to be finished by Butch!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Welcome on Board Doc52. I love your comedy.
I'm a maniana- man myself.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Thanks, glad to be aboard!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Picked up the Hollis at DSC. Count me in. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, you bought one of Butch's Classic rifles??????

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I don't have a shirt or a hat yet -- this is the best I can do:

Just a poor man's Pedersoli 9.3x74R.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
bobc,
Saw your "new" Hollis in another thread..great looking DR! Good luck with with it!
Great talking with you at the dinner Friday night in Dallas!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

Benjamin Franklin 1759

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do BPE and Light Cordite rifles count? I've got four, an Alex Henry 450 BPE, I. Hollis 500 regulated for LC, a Manton 577/500 #2 BPE and another Hollis 577 BPE. Don't shoot the Alex Henry because of some pits in the bores but the rest get regular exercise.

Posts: 367 | Location: South east Georgia | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do BPE and Light Cordite rifles count? I've got four, an Alex Henry 450 BPE, I. Hollis 500 regulated for LC, a Manton 577/500 #2 BPE and another Hollis 577 BPE. Don't shoot the Alex Henry because of some pits in the bores but the rest get regular exercise.

yep!

577NitroExpress

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very nice charles! Love that 9.3X74R beautiful rifles!
Let's say that Butch was kind enough to allow me to start sending a little bit each month. I told him I'd be happy at the end of the list until I got it paid for.

I blame Grizzly, Mac, Tony and you for this! LOL!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's say that Butch was kind enough to allow me to start sending a little bit each month. I told him I'd be happy at the end of the list until I got it paid for.

WAY TO GO RUSTY!!!!!!

577NitroExpress

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I'm a charter member, and want to welcome all the new members on board! beer

REAL RIFLES HAVE MORE THAN ONE BARREL!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've an Edwinson Green and Sons 450/400 3", Greener in 3 1/4" and a Chapuuis 9.3 x74R on order.

WY

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
Well most of you saw me with my new baby, but Christer took a really neat photo, so I had to share it...

We need to start assigning member numbers.. I'm thinking Texas license plates with DRSS ## clap

I'll be getting my hat and shirt to properly attend functions from now on..

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470CapstickA2:
Well most of you saw me with my new baby, but Christer took a really neat photo, so I had to share it...

We need to start assigning member numbers.. I'm thinking Texas license plates with DRSS ## clap

It's a shame you don't look more excited! rotflmo

Congratulations -- you look thrilled and well you should.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Deal me in. I have a Heym 88 in .470 NE and love it. Great workmanship, accurate and fun to shoot -- for a little while anyway.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I have an older Searcy 470 NE built on a BSS action. Chopper lump barrels, which is cool. I live in South Dakota, but will travel to shoot. Any "official" membership, yet?

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Rusty ordained me about 18 mo.s ago.

I presently have a Searcy 470 PH model and a Jeffrey 450/400 3" - about 1924 vintage.

Looking forward to shooting with some of you.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We need to start assigning member numbers.. I'm thinking Texas license plates with DRSS ##

$10 bucks says you still have that smile on your face and you're like Ralphie Parker in "A Christmas Story" with his office Red Ryder carbine action 200 short range model air rifle...

Love the Cogi you got there...

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Official Membership"

I'll have to let Rusty answer this one, as this whole thing was his (I believe) idea.

I don't know of any official membership, other than owning and shooting a DR.

We have hats and shirts, which the equivelant of a card carrying membership I think.

Rusty, any thought of making this little group "official?"

The reason I bring this up because on a few occasions, I approached some gun clubs in the area (which I'm not a member of) about putting together a DR shoot. Bottom line, if the DRSS wasn't an "official group," there wasn't anything that could be done.

What are other's opinions?

577NitroExpress

one of us
posted Hide Post
Me ..... currently have Chapuis' in .470 & 9.3X74R, Valmet O/U 9.3X74R, Cogswell & Harrison .375 2 1/2" and a Searcy Classic 450/400 on order. Count me in if anything becomes official .... I'm joining.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Double Rifle Shooters Society is an official organization. The Charter members and board of directors are, My own self, MACD37-Mac, PWN375-Perry, NE450#2-Tony, 400NitroExpress-Mark.

Although our get togethers are informal, we are a close knit organization.

The Society exists for the preservation and encouraging the shooting of all kinds of double rifles. Our goal is to provide, through our members, information to help in their acquisition, shooting and maintenance of their double rifles. Several members of the Society are actively engaged in historical research on double rifles. Our historical research is chaired by 400NitroExpress.

Membership in the Society is open to all who enjoy their passion for the double rifle and it's history. It is not necessary to own a double rifle to be a member. A nonmember can be admitted to the society by simply asking join.
There are no annual dues.

Any activities planned by the Society are paid for by each member attending. Everyone pays the same. No member shall receive financial or other considerations for organizing an event, i.e., a hunt.

We are a diverse group of individuals united in our interest of double rifles. We regard our fellow members as equals in this matter! The only thing better than owning a double rifle is to be among friends who share in the goals of the Society.

We truly are a Band of Brothers!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
Rusty

I cannot believe that you have jumped ship on the English double rifle, although Butch's classic looks like he is finally getting the message.

Since I saw you at the last DRSS hunt I have two doubles one to replace the Holland that blew a barrel, another much younger H&H Dominion .500/.465, and a Joseph Lang .400/.360. The Holland only shoots big tuskers and the Lang will be ready for the next DRSS hog hunt.

CFA

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In order of aquisition:
Chapuis 45-70 regulated to shoot 400 gr. @ 1800 fps.
Army Navy 577 2 3/4" bpe
Purdey 450 3 1/4" bpe
Chapuis 470

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
chapius .375 H & H double side x side

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Fred,
I really haven't jumped ship. I still covet English double rifles.

I have three reasons for buying one of Butch's rifles.
1. NIB 450/400 3 inch
The only place I know to find a NIB working double chambered in a round I like, that I can afford! The new classic is a beauty!

2. Case colored action with 26" barrels

3. Butch's kindness to let me "fund" this over a period of time. When I get it paid for, he'll make it!

Looking forward to seeing your new rifles when we get together!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kreighoff 500/416 and an Owens 450 3 1/4. Count me in!
Peter.
Always looking for a smaller caliber eg. 9.3 X 74R!

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Who would have thought a tongue-in-cheek name that came out of a cold, wet pig hunt by 5 guys with double rifles a few short years ago would have grown into what it is today. Man, I can't wait for the next DRSS event. My shoulder will be sore for a week if 577 brings his pop gun.

Maybe we should contact Wendell about eliminating some of his hogs this Spring.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am actually working on a Water Buffalo/Bison hunt in Texas. That's all I know about it now. Will post more when I know something!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I am actually working on a Water Buffalo/Bison hunt in Texas. That's all I know about it now. Will post more when I know something!

Rusty, that one interests me greatly! Let me know what you find out! I'll try some of Mike's FPS, and CPS solids on a couple of those horny guys ! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to be a member of this august group. Rusty, Tony, Mac, and Perry have all helped me with a lot of questions on this board, particularly when I got the Pedersoli. I've since traded it (and 5 other guns) on a new Merkel .470. I love it, and can't wait to find (and find funding for) a 9.3x74 double.

Don't know how many of the meetings I could make, though.

Steve

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote