THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    OT - Asking for prayers for my young wife - UPDATE: Trust fund for Ewan
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT - Asking for prayers for my young wife - UPDATE: Trust fund for Ewan
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Our thoughts and prayers and love are with you!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
From one Paul to another:
Knowledge is power - know the options, know the standard therapies, know the experimental opportunities out there;

Traveling to the most reputable cancer center with the most advanced therapies and access to cutting edge experimental therapies is worth both the time and money;

Statistics are averages of tens of thousands of people with an infinite number of different and additional problems. Statistics are meaningless when it comes to a single person. People win the lottery every day despite the "odds".

I spend every moment of every day winning against the most desperate situations. I fight for "the next second" because every second alive means another second to fight. And I win most of my battles. Battle on, my brother - you have my prayers and you have my soul fighting right along side of you.

Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Paul & Ed,
my brothers we will beat this! we will win this battle!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
May God bless your family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Paul and Ed:

I come from a family that has been ravaged by cancer so I have a pretty good idea what you are going through. I am not a praying kind of guy but if there is anything my wife and I can do for you or you need anything in my neck of the woods, please let us know.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a prayer list but I sure hope her body can shut this cancerous growth down and ya'll have a long and happy life together.

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickok. "

Posts: 54 | Location: Brandon, Ms. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I have never been good at finding comforting words at times like this but we are all brothers here and we all feel your pain.

My prayers go out to your family and I hope all of us AR bro's can pray hard enough to strike down the cancer demon.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul and Ed You and your families are in my prayers.

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stephen Goldfinch
posted Hide Post
Paul, stay strong and faithful. We will be praying for you.

Boondoggle, Our friend's son in RSA also has Ewings Sarcoma. He has finished, and appears to be clean as well. Congrats.

"Sleep When You're Dead!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your wife is in my prayers.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Paul & Ed

Your wives & families are in our prayer list now. We will be praying her in NZ while you sleep! The internet is great for a 24 hour prayer chain.

God bless you all.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
God bless you and thoughts and prayers to your wife and family.

Keep her going with the fighting mindset.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Paul, prayers sent. We just learned a couple of hours before I read this that my father-in-law has a spot on his lung. Bioposy is today.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent brother.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
God Bless

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You and your family will be in our prayers. May God hold you and keep you strong.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Paul,
I love you brother, keep strong, fight hard, pray often. We will be praying for you and yours in Texas. You know where we are if you need us.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sending positive thoughts and energy your way, this is a fight you can win!!

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Your entire crew has been added to our prayer list. Situations like this are what knees are for!

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 610 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

We are keeping Karin, you, and Ewan in our thoughts and prayers....God's strenght and love are with you all....

All my best,

Jim

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Fellow board members:

A little over three weeks ago, my wife was diagnosed with Stage 3B Lung Cancer. She was a "light smoker" (doctor's terms) when she was in her 20s, but hasn't had a smoke in almost a decade.

The tumor is in her right upper lobe of her lung, and has spread to her lymph system. We learned last week that it also spread to her brain - there are four "issues" there.

If there is a word more powerful than devistated, that is how I feel.

Karin has been under an asthma doctor's care for the better part of two years. They would give her medicine that would work for a length of time, then they wouls have to increase it or change it completely.

She left for a nine day business trip to the far east and took her astham nebulizer with her, that broke on her trip. When she returned on April 29, she went to her primary care physician since her asthma doctor was closed. They sent her for a chest x-ray when they found it. My life went down hill on that day. I wish the doctor's sent her for a chest x-ray way before that day.

Karin had her third full brain radiation treatment today and has been are the drug Tarceva since Wednesday. We can't start "traditional" chemotherapy treatments until after the radiation sessions end.

If any of you fine people have a few extra moments in your day to say a prayer for my wife, I would truly appreciate it. With a five year old son at home, we do not have the luxury of not fighting this damn thing with every ounce of our being. It will be a hard fight, but we WILL overcome this.

Here is a photo of my beautiful bride and our son, Ewan.

Thank you all for any prayers you can say on my wife's behalf.

V/r,

Paul
Paul,
You and your family will be in our prayers.
Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Paul, as you know, my wife and I are praying and I've got a number of friends who are too.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife and son. Please keep us in the loop.
Sean

Posts: 17 | Location: Kcmo | Registered: 13 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A letter sent to Paul's friends in Corinth included: "Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort..." [2 Corinthians 1:2,3]

Paul [577NitroExpress]--
I pray that the the God of All Comfort would be with you, Ewan and all those close to you and that Karin would receive perfect healing.

Jack [BigFiveJack] --
We do hope that all goes well with your wife's thyroid situation.

RAC--
Please let us know how things go with your father-in-law. We pray that all will be OK.

Ed [505ED] --
I'm so glad to hear that your wife's chemo is wrapped up and that things are looking great!

Bailey Bradshaw--
Great news regarding your father-in-law's progress!

boondoggle--
Wonderful news that your son got to ring the "I'm done" bell at the completion of radiation therapy and was declared NED (No Evidence of Disease) after his chemo wrapped up.

And JPK--
Praise the Great Physician for another decade with your mother!

My mom went to be with the Lord in '95... it was her time to be out of the groaning of this realm and in perfect peace.

I did especially miss having her around when my oldest graduated from high school a year ago this week... but, I believe that there will be much to celebrate for all eternity together.

Palmer--
Thanks for the good words... truly "It is the times like these that teach us the real priorities."

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
It was the memorial Day weekend of 2005 when my wife and I entered into the abiss known as CANCER. Our life has been changed and touched in so many ways since. Pams is stage 3C Ovarian, and her outlook is far better than the predictions have been.

I will add your wife to my prayers for they do help, stay strong and support her to the maximum.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers continue for all those named in this thread as having
conditions that demand concern. Much joy in those reports of
disease beaten back! God is in control.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Friends:

Words cannot describe how touching and supportive it is to read each of your posts. Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your thoughts and prayers for my beautiful wife!

As an update, early last week we contacted Karin's oncologist because she was experiencing a SEVER side effect from Tarceva; facial rash with sever acne. This was four days after her first pill

The doctor asked that she come in.

Great. Her I go getting another bout of bad news.

The doctor looked at her condition, saw how bad it was, and said, "I'm so sorry you have this rash and it is so uncomfortable for you, but this means the drug is working!!!!!!! We don't normally see this until two weeks out, so to see it this early, and this bad, is a VERY good sign!"

What GLORIOUS NEWS! Karin's spirits and physical abilities have been a lot better since starting Tarceva and radiation!

We have more dr. visits over the next few weeks, but won't know anything for at least a month.

I will be sure to update everyone as updates occur!

All the best,

Your internet friend,

Paul

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Your INTERNET friend,

Paul

Excellent news about the drug's results!

And, YOU ARE MY FRIEND, internet or no internet.
I'm bettin' the boys here agree with me. tu2

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul-
Wonderful news!!! Prayers sent up for you and your family. Stay strong for them; draw strength from your band of brothers. We are here, and will be.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello Paul,
Your situation has surely touched my heart.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your lovely family.
Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
lovely news paul.

remember if you need anything just ask, i am sure that between us all, there should be at least one that holds the wisdom key to mosts subjects.

except mono's versus original, K-gun safety versus normal etc. you know the drill.

if i can help, allthough from far away, it is just to ask.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope and pray that everything goes well for your wife in her treatment and that you are able to spend many more happy years togeither as a family

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and family. I understand what you are going thru.
Almost 12 years ago I was in the same situation as you. My wife was diagnosed with lymphoma for the second time. It was a tough fight but she beat it and has been clear for 10 years now. Keep your faith and you and she will over come this!
God be with you all!

Adam

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul
You and your family are in our prayers!!! Look up as you will know where you will find comfort!!!
Best wishes my friend!
Katte

Posts: 19 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good to see some positive news. Fingers still crossed for you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to read all this. My thoughts and prayers are with your wife, you and your family.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Andrew cempa>
posted
Paul;

Hang in there and be strong for your family-they need your strength and toughness to weather the storm that is upon you all. God knows, cares and has a purpose and has your best interests in hand.

Often folks question why does stuff like this happen? The answer is well, it does. Keep a well worn scripture at hand, petition often and with the knowledge that God is at hand and is indeed the Great Physican.

May God bless and keep you, Karin and your son through this.

Andrew

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AWESOME update Paul!!

That's a great way to start the battle.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote