THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    OT - Asking for prayers for my young wife - UPDATE: Trust fund for Ewan
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT - Asking for prayers for my young wife - UPDATE: Trust fund for Ewan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Gentlepeople:

Thank you so very much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers for my wife. I have received many PMs and emails asking me if anything was being set up in regards to Ewan and a college fund.

I am not soliciting money, but simply am giving this information out to those of you who have asked, because responding to each message, IM, and email is too much for me at this time.

If anyone is interested in making a contribution to my five year old son's future education needs, here is the information:

A trust is being established to help with future expenses for Karin and Paul's son, Ewan. If you wish to make a donation, checks should be sent to the family's financial advisor.

Make check payable to:
"Ewan Hawk Trust, Paul Hawk Trustee" or "Paul Hawk, Trustee for the Ewan Hawk Trust"

Send checks to:
John L. Haase
Senior Vice President/Investments
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Incorporated
7200 Wisconsin Avenue
Suite 314
Bethesda, MD 20814

Karin, you were the greatest woman a man could ask for. If I live a thousand life times, I will never find a more perfect match for me. Thank you for the past ten years; they were the best of my life.

V/r,

Paul

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hope it all turns out well in the long run.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I'll put your wife, your son and you on my prayer list.

Use a double rifle. It just feels better.

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 190 | Location: Somewhere, I think. | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Your wife, and family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider it done. My prayers for you and your family.

Joe A.

Posts: 152 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Done! Hang in there, fight like crazy. May God bless you and your family.

Posts: 1073 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I have never met you, but I know how you feel. On Oct 15 my life too changed forever. My wife got her results from a mamogram and was DX with stge II breast cancer, her sister was DX 3 months earlier and we were trying to have our second child when she tought she would go and get checked out. Thank God she did.

If you need to talk, vent, or cry... Hey man I've done a lot of it.. PM me and we can excange numbers. Stay true to the Lord and Pray often. Be strong for your wife. I've been thinking of you and praying since I read this.

This is my crew, my little one is 2 1/2 and my wife is now 34. She finished up chemo 3 weeks ago and got all her scans back and they were clean. She is still doing immunotherpy and will finish up with that at the end of the year.

By coachsells at 2010-05-24

Paul they can do some awesome stuff now a days so keep the faith. You guys are going to beat this damn stuff! I know! Prayers sent!!!!

Ed Bredemeyer

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
paul... prayers for you and yours.. ya'll can beat this....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That you have asked for prayer is a testament to your faith. My wife and I will pray for your wife, children and you as I know many on this board will do as well. God is a merciful God.

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
paul

you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers, stay strong and this too shall pass.

best

peter and family

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You and your family are definitely in our thoughts and prayers!

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Paul

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Karin, Ewan, & Paul

Pray & FIGHT!!

I'm praying also...you guys FIGHT!!

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul:

Thanks for posting....I can assure you there is no more power available than that of prayer...and my wife and I will be more than happy to put you and your lovely wife in our prayers.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Paul

You and Karin keep fighting the fight.

We will support with our prayers.

Good luck!

Don

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1706 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Good luck Paul. My thoughts and prayers will be with your wife and family.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Prayers sent.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Be strong, be caring and most of all stay positive.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your wife and family are in my prayers.

There is hope. My mother was diqagnosed with advanced lung and then brain cancer nine years ago.

The doctor said three months probably, maybe six, but not a year. But he said that nine, almost ten years ago.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Paul:

I can't think of much to say right now, but that I will pray.

Ernest

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Both your family and 505ED's are in my thoughts and prayers! And keep the faith... miracles do happen!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Friends:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all that you have written. Your words have humbled me. Thank you isn't a strong enough word to show how I feel with your out pouring of support and kind words for my wife.

JPK, your post brings be the utmost support. Thank you. Most people think cancer is an immediate death sentence. It isn't, and we are going to fight this thing as HARD as we have even fought something in the past. So thank you for sharing your mother's story with me.

I lost my own mother to breast cancer when I was 19. She fought a courageous battle, but lost in the end.

I'll be damned if I'm going to let this fucking disease take another woman away from me.

As we say in the Hawk House, we are on the WAR PATH against this thing!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Paul,

There is a saying, the stronger the wind, the tougher the tree. You and your wife have seen your fair share of strong winds in the last 24 months. I have no question that the determination and tenacity gained by weathering past challenges leaves you well positioned to take this battle on. We will keep you and your wife in our thoughts. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Paul,
So sorry to hear this. I'm not far away and if you ever feel like chatting please drop me a PM. I'm a GI doctor and while her disease is outside of what I see, I'm familiar enough to be a good ear. Will keep you all in my prayers.
Bill

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks and we have the t-shirts.

This is my oldest who had Ewing's Sarcoma ringing the "I'm done" bell in radiology at Johns Hopkins when he finished his six weeks of radiation therapy last fall.

He finished his chemo mid-March and was declared NED (No Evidence of Disease) two weeks later.

Not trying to steal your thunder but just point out there is hope and the tragedy of the oncology ward is not all pervasive.

We'll keep Karin in our prayers.

Posts: 72 | Location: Annapolis MD | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, The family and I have you in our every prayer and it's going to
stay that way. You just bank on it!

505 ED, Your wife is now in our prayer list continually and I hope this
gives both of you men a bit more strength and your families too.

JPK & Boondoggle, Those are REALLY GOOD stories that encourage us all!

I might as well add that my wife has to have a partial removal of her
THYROID as soon as we can get it scheduled because she has a one inch
diameter hard mass within it that has been biopsied, {3 samples} but
the pathologist could NOT make a definitive determination as to whether
there IS or IS NOT cancer. I've learned with THYROID biopsies that this
is NOT uncommon. So the standard at this point is to remove the whole mass
via surgery AND, effectively HALF of the THYROID, fully cut all of the
removed tissue down and exam it. If they see cause they go back in a week
or so later and remove all the remaining THYROID tissue and other cancer
tissue as best as can be done. So we don't know if we are looking at cancer
or a BENIGN condition! So there is much prayer being rendered up on behalf
of these ladies. All must remain strong in faith what ever the trial.
tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2 tu2

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Prayers coming from my whole family in FL and CO.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Paul there is hope, as you know I had a bought with throat cancer, and the treament is not pleasent, but is certainly survivable. Don't for one minute give up, because the fight is worth the scrapes along the way!

Prayer is the best medcine to supliment what the doctors can do! Hang in there!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We pray that God's grace and mercy will be with your wife and the rest of your family throughout this ordeal. We ask for healing according to HIS will for you all.

Tough times don't last, but tough people do...

Rich & Lorene

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
"Most people think cancer is an immediate death sentence. It isn't"

Absolutely right. In health care there's one truth everyone is unique and different. No generalities or averages apply to everyone. There are no absolutes.

"As we say in the Hawk House, we are on the WAR PATH against this thing!"

I love it!!! Again good luck!!!

Brett

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul: I am thinking of you every day ........ May God intervene and heal your wife. I know He can, because He did it for my mom.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is amazing the advances that medicine has made in the treatment of cancer in the past few years. I went through something similar 3 years ago. but so far I am clear. My wife and I will pray that your wife is a beneficiary of those advances.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of my best hopes and prayers to you both!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul I am so sorry, I have lost love ones to cancer and have watched good friend survive when they said there was no hope. Tell your wife not to go quietly into the night but to sing loudly and long. She must choose to live every day to the fullest if she is to beat this. She must do this for herself and for the family. Payers will be sent for her and for you.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same here...hang in there.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Take it one day at a time. My wife has been there. I will add your wife to my prayer.

It is the times like these that teach us the real priorities.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you both. Enjoy each day. We only get them one at a time.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Paul, sorry to hear that y'all have to go thhrough this.

I will be praying for all three of you. Looking foreward to the report of her COMPLETE healing.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As others have said, Cancer treatment has come a long way. My father in law was diagnosed with stage 4 esophogeal carconoma with remote tumors in his liver, lungs and throughout his abdomen. Nationwide survival rate for his stage of disease is less than 1.3%. He started Chemo and a clinical trial drug in late February. Just received word tonight of his second CT scan that shows many of the remote tumors are gone, others show significant dead cells waiting to be flushed out, and the rest have shrunk by 1/3. When he began treatment, he sat next to a gentleman in the waiting room who was decalred cancer free of the exact same condition, but was in worse condition as indicated by his doctor.

Where you are treated IS VERY IMPORTANT. Settle for nothing but the best.

I will absolutely include your family in my prayers for complete healing, strength, endurance and comfort.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Hoping for effective treatment and a full recovery for your wife.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote