New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's Finally Done!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After 10 years in the making, my Bradshaw double is finished. Barrel sets are in 500 NE and 450-400. Specs are 26" barrels, deep relief engraving, gilding accents, high-grade Luxus Walnut blank, and express sights.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
She sure is a beauty. Would love to see a video of shooting and loading action. Is it quiet loading?

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's some youtube videos of him firing and disassembling the rifle.

https://www.youtube.com/channe...9vi_1D2lymohrRbdGe7w

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
How much do you want for it?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It is a beauty!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Congrats, it looks like it was worth the wait!
Spectacular wood.

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
230 yards! Marco Polo sheep look out! Fantastic rifle

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's quite a poke with a 500NE and open sights!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Can it be mass produced as a single shot?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy, I know he has a new single shot action with a side lever. He's selling the actions. Here's a youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WbFkeThzLA

One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I hope you're planning on shooting an elephant with that gun. Would be a real shame to make it a safe queen.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Maybe he is keeping the resale value up and going to fund a safari with it. popcorn
Do we hear a bid for twice what he paid???
Biebs... the side lever is interesting, I was hoping he would sell actions of the rising block.

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Boomy, I'm sure he'd make one...perhaps already has one in stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Labman, that was my original intention when I ordered the rifle....500NE for Elephant and 450-400NE for Buffalo and large Plains Game. But now 10 years later and 16 hunts in Africa, I'm not sure I'll be going back.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Skinny up that forend an it'll be perfection! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
$24,750 on Guns International.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I don't have a use for it now. Offers considered for what I felt was the ultimate African hunting firearm.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very nice, sir! Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its, its, its.. just WOW!!!!

but, Biebs, it doesn't have any obvious plastic? Blaser stickers?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but, Biebs, it doesn't have any obvious plastic? Blaser stickers?

Yes, it has a different kind of bling :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, you have good taste. It is very well done.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MLF, thank you. I've had probably 12 to 15 custom rifles built over time, but this was the most elaborate by far.

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Jon,
You gotta pull another African trip out of the hat for this,I want to see you posing with a big tusker with your dream rifle Smiler

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What are the barrels regulated for, Biebs? I'd guess the Hornady ammunition for the 450-400 3-inch.

I'm thinking of using that Hornady for the 450-400 barrels Bailey will be making for mine.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1319 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim, yes, both barrel sets are regulated for Hornady ammunition...makes things much easier.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jon,
You gotta pull another African trip out of the hat for this,I want to see you posing with a big tusker with your dream rifle Smiler

Bal, trade me back the Dakota African in 338 Lapua and a pile of cash, and it could be you in that tusker photo :-)

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Jon,
I am pretty photo shy & the pile of cash keeps getting smaller Frowner the only tusker I will see this year is hopefully a big hog in Texas soon Wink

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't knock Hog hunting....think of them as little Cape Buffalo, but more wary :-)

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Someone, please take that rifle to Africa and put it through the paces and report back here.

One of Us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2122 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote