THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Just Arrived... the new HEYM "Jaeger"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just Arrived... the new HEYM "Jaeger"
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
Here is the fruit of our discussion a few months back... Serial No. 1 of the new "Jager" model of the 88B.

HEYM Jaeger

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the blued action!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris, did you hit your target pricepoint?

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a beauty and just in time for DSC. What caliber?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking rifle. The blued receiver makes all the difference in the world IMO!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I like the blued action!

+1 Very nice looking!

Cheers
Jack

Posts: 80 | Location: Queensland. Oz | Registered: 08 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they rounded the action a bit too? Very nice!

What is the retail price on that?

One of Us
Picture of TwoZero
posted Hide Post
Much better looking than the normal two-tone look...

Combine it with the simple border engraving yo showed in this thread and it would be even better:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...0101804/m/2291084281

Ever thought of getting rid of the greener cross bolt on the doubles???

Posts: 270 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: 19 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Sexy.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
What calibers and how much?

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That does look pretty. Have to see what it works out to altogether I suppose. It creates possibilities.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
That's a nice looking rifle. The blued receiver makes all the difference in the world IMO!

THIS! Lovely rifle.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you have a winner!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
This rifle (and the rest of this series) are all chambered in 450.

It has intercepting sears and extractors.

Stock is straight.

I kinda like the look of the black receiver too.

More details when I get to my computer... Ipad typing is tough...

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I might have to have one of those. PM me with the price and purchase details.

Greg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris is being very secretive :-)

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Chris is being very secretive :-)

Sorry. Not trying to be seretive... just running behind! Gotta meet a client now to deliver a new rifle. I'll get to all of the Jaeger details ASAP.

Merry Christmas to all!

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta meet a client now to deliver a new rifle. I'll get to all of the Jaeger details ASAP.

Someone's gonna have a Merry Christmas!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will it available in 470?

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
quote:
This rifle (and the rest of this series) are all chambered in 450.

From this note above, I would say all of this series are chambered in 450.

Posts: 17284 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simple yet elegant.

I really wish there was a Santa Claus. I'd have him swing by and pick one up for me.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very, Very nice. Simple and elegant. I love it. 450 NE is perfect but, maybe 500 NE would be also....

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the price is???

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay.

The cost is what we targeted, and we kept the intercepting sears.

Here are the specs:
Cal: 450 NE
Barrels: 26"
LOP: 14&5/8" on this one (to fit on a new order)
Stock: Straight (no cheekpiece)
Extractors (Ejectors not available)
Intercepting Sears: Included
Barrel Length: 26"
Top Rib Cut for Docter/Trijicon (Red Dot) Mount
Cost: $13,000 (as projected)

If you like the blued receiver, we can do that on the PH (or "Safari") also.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Production is limited to 10 units.

The one shown here is sold (to an AR member), but I will have one more at DSC.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now there's a serious contender for anyone looking for a quality DR

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
I agree with Biebs - just about perfect in every way

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
She is a Dark & Sultry beauty---

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like a great value! Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPrice:
Seems like a great value! Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Me too!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safari James
posted Hide Post
Chris:

I am looking forward to wrapping my paws around the new addition to Heym's inventory. Always a pleasure to see the results of a solid plan!

Safari James
USMC
DRSS

Posts: 369 | Location: Texas | Registered: 16 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gotta meet a client now to deliver a new rifle. I'll get to all of the Jaeger details ASAP.

Someone's gonna have a Merry Christmas!

That would have been me, judging by the time date stamp. A new Martini bolt gun, in 375 H&H. Chris was kind enough to let me fondle all the pretty new rifles that he was getting ready ready for the show season.

In Particular, the new Jaeger is a beautiful rifle, and whomever is the lucky recipients of the first ten, will have a great rifle, at a good price.

There was also a 577 88B he had, what a monster! Glad I didn't go that big, although had considered it. Beautiful rifle again though, absolutely perfect.

Chris, put up some pictures of the case colored bolt gun - that is also very nice!

Later edit - added a new thread in the big bore section on the new rifle!
http://forums.accuratereloadin...4711043/m/2381097381

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 351 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New Guy,

Can you say at this point what might be the caliber of the next run of 10 Jaegers? Any decent chance that it's a .450/400?

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Heym makes a wonderful double rifle. But,
I don't get it; this was promoted to be an entry level DR and it comes in at $13K! I was expecting more in the realm of $10k. ($3000 is a LOT of money to me) Everyone is fawning over this rifle as a great deal; I realize others have a lot of disposable $ to spend but most of us don't. I know, you will say, shut up and buy a Chapuis or Merkel; we are in a higher class here. I get that. I also realize that Heyms are hand made and their labor costs are high and efficiencies low. I also realize that this will piss off the Heym owners, but it is, after all, just my opinion and therefore, useless. I mean no offense to anyone, and certainly not to Heym or it's representatives; they are operating in a free market.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Heym makes a wonderful double rifle. But,
I don't get it; this was promoted to be an entry level DR and it comes in at $13K! I was expecting more in the realm of $10k. ($3000 is a LOT of money to me) Everyone is fawning over this rifle as a great deal; I realize others have a lot of disposable $ to spend but most of us don't. I know, you will say, shut up and buy a Chapuis or Merkel; we are in a higher class here. I get that. I also realize that Heyms are hand made and their labor costs are high and efficiencies low. I also realize that this will piss off the Heym owners, but it is, after all, just my opinion and therefore, useless. I mean no offense to anyone, and certainly not to Heym or it's representatives; they are operating in a free market.

For $13K you are getting a lot of rifle. If you don't want the features this rifle has to offer, shop elsewhere. I should note that I do not own a Heym at this time but, had this pricepoint be available previously I would probably be a Heym owner today.

Considering how much you save from the other Heym offerings, this is an "entry level" rifle for this manufacturer IMHO. Closing the price gap with the French offerings is a wise business decision too. My close friends still razz me about shooting French double rifles but, they have a lot of class and a previously lower pricepoint. Will my next be French or German .... Hmmmm.

Like Beretta, if they don't offer something in the other pricepoints they will loose entry level coustomers for life. How many people start out with a "cheap" Beretta O/U shotgun and then move up to an SV-10, DT-11, etc. as their affluence increases over time and they value a better shotgun. Sure, I could shoot a Remington 870 or Sabatti DR but, I can afford a better tool today. I also enjoy the superior performance of a tool built for my body and my shooting needs versus someone else's or the generic average "man". Now that the price gap between the French and German doubles is closer, a lot more new shooters will start with a Heym.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After undertaking a hunt for a double rifle for damn near two years (and missing out on more than a few), I think this is actually a fair price for a new gun with these features.

I also think the new, limited production Searcy's are a fair price as set up. All Heyms have intercepting sears, but the lower priced, limted run Searcy model does not. That probably makes up a good portion of the price difference.

I think it's a great time to be looking for a new production double at a fair price from quality makers. Congrats to Heym and Searcy for making that happen.

I recently picked up a slightly used 470 at a good price instead of going this route, but I was tempted by both offerings. The Heym pictured above looks like a really sweet double.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe when I can afford to buy a double that the heym will be at the top of the list, I am willing to save a little longer to get a heym. I hope at that time it will be available in 470.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I hear all the talk about intercepting sears costing $3000; that is completely ridiculous. Heym must be filing them out by hand with some very expensive labor. (I have seen the videos) I am just ranting but I know how to streamline and make production efficient. Companies don't need to be efficient if they are producing and selling all the product they want to. I suppose the price is fair if you choose to pay it. My question is why can't Heym compete with Chapuis or V-C? Don't say their "quality" is better. Aren't they both in the Eurozone? Is German labor that much more than French?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sid Post:

Considering how much you save from the other Heym offerings, this is an "entry level" rifle for this manufacturer IMHO.

Right. I do not see this as an entry level double ($6K-$10K in my opinion and price point) but agree that it's an entry level double for Heym. And I'm glad to see it. I've been saving up for my first double for 5 years now and $13k fits nicely into my price point to where Heym is an option. The only glitch for this one is that I'm looking for a .450/400 which is not yet available.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really like the new Jaeger.

As most of you know I have had a British 450 No2 for over 15 years. It is an extractor rifle, and does not have a cheek piece.

I have shot several elephants and several cape buff as well and a fair amount of plains game and a lot of deer and pigs.

My other 2 doubles a 450/400 and a 9,3x74R have ejectors. After using both, I can say I can get by just fine with extractors only, but I can reload a little faster with ejectors.

So Heym now offers doubles with either. Your choice.

The "thing" about a Heym Double rifle is that no matter which Heym Double rifle you buy, whether it is the Jeager, or the Safari for 23,000, you are getting the same RIFLE.

The lower priced Jaeger, and the PH models have the SAME craftsmanship, hand done on the "inside" of the guns.
The same effort/skill and craftsmanship, done by the same people, is done of each one of them, regardless of the final price. The same people build the Jaeger, the PH, the Safari, and the $100,000 engraved doubles.

The same guy regulates them to the SAME standards.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote