THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Santa brought this new Heym

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Santa brought this new Heym Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted
Thought you might want to see some pics of the new DG rifle I got for Christmas, its a Heym bolt gun, in 375HH. The scope in the picture is not the exact one going on it, the new one will have external turrets, same illuminated reticle (CDI). The one in the pictures is from my CZ550, and I'll need to modify the rings to make it or the new one work. What I really need is a set of Talley rings, with the ring portion offset from the base .100", the scope is too short to bridge the distance from front to back. I think I can remove .050 from each one and make it OK. If not, I have a good CNC guy that can knock a set out. I promised Chris at Heym, if I solved that, I'd make up a batch for him as well. Details to follow.

The detail in this thing is incredible, everything is fit and finished so nice.

I also was very weak, when picking this gun up. Chris had so many nice things there, he MADE me buy this nice little 9.3x62.

I originally ordered this from Heym, after my Namibia trip. I took a 300WM and a 375HH ( CZ550) plus the double. The CZ is too heavy for long treks, the 300 is not as effective on the big stuff, I wanted to take one less rifle, but still retain the long range abilities of the light gun. This Heym does that, with the addition of the scope, with knobs I can twist on the fly. ( I do a lot of LR shooting, and the scopes are OK with that ). The rifle is light enough to trek with ( the dreaded Kobus Honibal sand wadi workout video coming soon), but heavy enough to shoot well.

And the SR30? Heck, it was priced right and perfect for the girls to use, or me to borrow for the lighter stuff.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 351 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Santa did a good job.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Enjoy a great many hunts with this wonderful rifle!!!!! clap

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mauser Heym's are rare. Very very well done.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Santa sure likes you better than he does me. Nice looking rifles there. If you can't get the scope rings to work, it might be a good excuse to look for new glass also.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MikeE, I'm waiting to fondle the 577 Jumbo you saw down there. That's my penultimate DR :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hallo Mike,

your new Heym Express is a first class rifle dancing

it looks so great!!!!!

best regards

Posts: 43 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 December 2008Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Glad I could help contibute to your Christmas joy!

Have you shot it yet?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
is that a hagn /heym ??...paul

Posts: 294 | Location: MASSACHUSETTS | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
... the 577 Jumbo... That's my penultimate DR :-)

+1 Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats a very nice rifle. Quit funny the Heym hasn´t caught much here in Scandinavia. Heym for me is a class above Sauer, Blaser and Steyr.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote