New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pivot mount on the Chapuis
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could someone please either post a close up photo of the pivot scope mount on a Chapuis or email it to me at snowwolfe@gci.net
I think I can grasp how it fits on the rifle but want to be certain. Holding the front mount in my hand I am unable to twist it. I am guessing you swing the rear of the scope to the right once you have it mounted to remove it?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
You may need to attach the mounts to the scope to twist it on to the rifle, or use a pair of pliars. The back of the scope does swing to the right to remove. The rear mount should have the lever on the left side. The lever swings forward to release (while pushing-in on small release insert on lever), and it takes some effort.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Scroll down a bit and there are pictures on

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=607104876#607104876

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just what I was looking for. Thanks guys. Now all I need to do is figure out how to get those thin slotted screws out of the blocks on the barrels!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i had tip burns mount the bases on my chapuis barrel 2 weeks ago.... i bought several screwdrivers in anticipation of removing the blocks and installing the bases myself..but none that i bought seemed to fit the screws and i didn't want to break a screwdriver blade off in a screw..... tip had it done in about 20 minutes (or less)... he fit the new scope bases to the barrels... with emery cloth....the rear ring will mount to swing either way.... and will need to be tightened to fit the base securely....the small screw in the relese lever sets the tension for the ring-to-base fit... the front ring is tight in the base... i have not mounted a scope yet, as my receiver went back to dale for repair to the triggers and release lever...i ought to have it back in a week or so...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

By geoffm24

I ended up using a S&W factory screw driver from the 70s and some vice grips. The tip of the screw driver was bent at the end of the job. The bases were SUPER tight to get in their too. I ended up doing a little filing and taping the base mounts so they wouldn't be damaged tapping them in. Those puppies aren't going anywhere but where a real pain to get in there.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the pivot mount on my Chapuis 9,3.
I actually have 2 sets of rings with a scope in each, both sighted in. I put my mounts on like Geoffm24 did, ie the ring "knobs" that you unfasten to take the scope off on the right side.

I find there is plenty of room under the scope to work the top lever.

The scope does not interfere with reloading the rifle.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote