Notify
Tools

Best Big Bore for E.T.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which rifles should members in Texas be reloading for right now? popcorn

Really Big Aliens?

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Thats easy... a 45-70! Big Grin

dem slow big meplats should go right through them force fields and such...

I think just sending out the bubba grannies ought to scare the aliens away fer good...

horse troll

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Stephen Palos
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest a double in 2 bore.

Put a shotshell in the left to "bring em down" and a solid in the right to "finnish em off"!

dancing

Big Bore Assoc. of SA

http://www.bigbore.org/
http://www.chasa.co.za

Addicted to Recoil !
I hunt because I am human. Hunting is the expression of my humanity...

Posts: 441 | Location: Randfontein, South Africa | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the same "object" a few hundred people saw hover over Phoenix a few years ago.

Double 2-Bore is good if you have a Yeti for a gun bearer!!

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I would love to stun gun one to catch one alive for science and making money Big Grin

for a portable gun I think a DU 20mm semi auto is in order for the craft...

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
One needs to perhaps rethink the right approach here. You do not want alot of gun, what one wants is preciaion shooting so that the Alien Mount is pristine and thus more saleable on e-bay. I vote for the use of a brass bullet .17 fireball. Head shooting them saves all that nasty Alien tracking buisness also. Of course that assumes you know which end is their head.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't really know what you're going to run into, a 375 H&H makes a lot of sense. Solids for the huge or tiny, good softs for the rest.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

And putting a bead on them too - good man!

Posts: 5184 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
he should have pulled the trigger!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger that Boomstick!!

If someone in the US Government is dumb enough to fly a mile long silent black alienmobile over my house several times without full disclosure it should to be shot at!!

If it's a real ET alienmobile it must be shot at to get a response to check their response.

I vote we send Boomstick out to the locaion in question with an assortment of hardware, 50 lbs of beef jerkey, and a keg of Optimator Spaten!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It won't be back. Now that Kucinich has dropped out of the race, no need for his advance party.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great that's all we need. Some yahoo in Texas starting an interstellar war with the Formic Empire.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerkface11:
Great that's all we need. Some yahoo in Texas starting an interstellar war with the Formic Empire.

Yeah! But what if they look and taste like those Phat Porky Doormen at Jabba's Place!!!

Mesquite or Hickory?!?!?

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
hell...for 50 lbs of beef jerky and a keg of optimator spatten I would love to do it... After I finish the spatten I am sure I will see UFO's...

Minute men against aliens... Love it... Just make sure that when I shoot some aliens they know what kind they are...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Space Aliens are Illegal too!!!

Wo sind deine Papiere? Sind Sie ein Alien? Sie sind eine sehr grüne mexikanische! Sie können gehen!

One of Us
Picture of Stephen Palos
posted Hide Post
Must try catch one....
Maybe they breath CO2 and pee petrol!

http://www.bigbore.org/
http://www.chasa.co.za

Addicted to Recoil !
I hunt because I am human. Hunting is the expression of my humanity...

Posts: 441 | Location: Randfontein, South Africa | Registered: 07 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Palos:
Must try catch one....
Maybe they breath CO2 and pee petrol!

Then we could farm them and say goodbye to the Cartels!!

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
just what I need...an alien duct taped to my gas tank...

did you mean 02? as in oxygen?

we need every gas station lined with 12 aliens drinking coffee non stop...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think he meant CO2 as in all the hot exhaust some guys are exhaling around here!!

That will make them the Gore-bechov's new best friends!! "Save the Illegal (space) aliens they are good for the environment!!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robgunbuilder:
One needs to perhaps rethink the right approach here. You do not want alot of gun, what one wants is preciaion shooting so that the Alien Mount is pristine and thus more saleable on e-bay. I vote for the use of a brass bullet .17 fireball. Head shooting them saves all that nasty Alien tracking buisness also. Of course that assumes you know which end is their head.-Rob

"skwoooface have toooo hedz n fo eyez mawn"

"yooo cawnt keeel dem mawn!"

"You and me are gonna beam up to the Alien craft and tell skwoooface and them what good friends we are!"

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
no more optimator Spetten for Macifej...

I am starting my second Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale...

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Look guys I know my Alien lifeforms. I used to live in Kalifornia! You ever looked closely at Diane Feinstein? -Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She is kinda reptilian looking now that I think about it!

No worries! I've invented the perfect portable "Alien Getter"......it's called the .666" Teufel! Yep! It's a .666 caliber rimless designed especially for plinking.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Guess I need to work on a AAA mount for my 1.5". salute BOOM

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should take that thing to Jeffe's Texas Big Bore Shoot on March 9...........maybe an alien will show up at the range too! Wink