THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    338 Elephant Bear Savage Safari Sniper Alaska Pkg!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

338 Elephant Bear Savage Safari Sniper Alaska Pkg!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=44314634

It's a factory stock Savage model 116 with the factory muzzle brake and a standard VX-III scope.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Wow, what a write up in the description. Almost makes it as good a DG gun as the lever 45/70! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
shame

roger...do you reeeeely want to go there...

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boomstick,

Just a little humor about the add for the 338.

BTW, I love my stainless, gg, in 45/70. Also, I promoted the first 45/70 Buff Raffle, so I'm not knocking the lever hunters.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
bull Does this better describe the ad?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
At least there is a Vari-X III in the mix! animal

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
This same outfit listed something so wrong and fraudulent last year that a bunch of us emailed them to try to get a correction. The lady in the picture (I think, same one) emailed us back saying she was a lawyer and we were all toast for libel and slander. That, of course, started a lot of back and forth. It was so hilarious we all posted her email replies on the board. If anyone remembers it and can find in the archives it's really a good laugh.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tiggertate, she's kinda cute, but you know what they say; beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes clear to the bone.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
This same outfit listed something so wrong and fraudulent last year that a bunch of us emailed them to try to get a correction. The lady in the picture (I think, same one) emailed us back saying she was a lawyer and we were all toast for libel and slander. That, of course, started a lot of back and forth. It was so hilarious we all posted her email replies on the board. If anyone remembers it and can find in the archives it's really a good laugh.

Do you remember who else here was involved, or some good keywords? I tried a search and didn't find anything.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, that settles it....I am going to get the barrel on my 416 fluted to reduce recoil and on my new Mauser custom I am going to get one of them "adjustable magazine boxes". If it is adjustable enough, I will be able to shoot any cartridge I want and even use the same box for different rifles!!! jumping

Posts: 1647 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote