New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large bore long range bench rest?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just came into a 50 BMG action and just chomping at the bit to make a wildcat for this action.

Thinking of starting with a 50 Spotter case, going the "Improved" route, perhaps necked to 416 or 458. I want to be able to reach WAY out there and Gerard and I have already started chatting about projectiles. I want to stay with a caliber that has projectiles more readily available and want to be under 50 cal.

Ideas?

Marty ter Weeme
Teppo Jutsu LLC
Home of the .458 SOCOM
www.teppojutsu.com

Posts: 327 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marty,

Damn good idea in fact my cousin and I have been talking about doing that very same thing but didnt have the action etc. we were leaning toward the 416 cal but 458 wouldnt be too shabby either keep us informed.

ALOHA!!!

Hunting its not a Hobby its My Way of Life!!!

Posts: 449 | Location: Kaneohe,Hawaii | Registered: 20 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Check out my post on the Bullet Making forum. Fritz 454 turned me a 14.5mm clone of the Sierra .338 Match King. It is one bad MoFo.

Obermeyer sells 14.5mm barrels.

Posts: 7485 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
you know what I wanta see...
The 458 BMG improved!

I ask one thing. You must build it so a 50 BMG will NOT chamber. laws you know...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i think the 416 400gr tsx bullets in this would be great Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote