THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Has anyone done a 40 S&W short? A .680" version of a 40 S&W?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has anyone done a 40 S&W short? A .680" version of a 40 S&W?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
Has anyone done a 40 S&W short? A .680" version of a 40 S&W?
What about a 40 cal version for 380 size pistols giving 9MM power?

Cart length is the key to the 380 pistol diminutive size. So what about a fatter 380?

What say you?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you mean a 10mm stubby?
would it have more power than a 9mm?

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Yes, a stubby 10MM. Well more power than a 380 for sure.

Posts: 27611 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It could be done, but how much more compact could than a Kahr .40 could you make the pistol? Not much, I think.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
It would be the same size as the 380

posted Hide Post
My friend "Charlie" sawed off some .40 S&W cases to make some Cartridges to feed through a very Detailed Recreation of the Volcanic; He has also built a Couple Rifle versions (Can't recall what they were called).

He discusses his build at "Garage Gunsmithing"; but I think, if I remember correctly, the only palace that he gave all the Cartridge Details was at "Home Gunsmithing" [Roderous}.

I'd give you a link, but since even a regular membership costs.....$10--I Think--you can't hyper-link over there unless you're already registered.

I believe Charlie was using about 7 grains of powder; and getting around 800fps--with a light--but not freakishly light Bullet.

Let me know if someone is just dying to know, and I'll look up the specifics for them.

.....RVM45 Cool shocker Cool

Though forced to live in exile in the Twenty-First Century; still proud to be a Citezen of the Twentieth Century.

Posts: 3 | Location: Sovereign Nation of Indiana | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote