New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 rum 2.5"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone made a 416 rum shortened to 2.5" to fit in a ruger or standard mauser?If so where can a guy get a reamer and dies

thanks

Posts: 39 | Location: Yukon,Canada | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

Posts: 38485 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this on the 404 case or the rum?
Where can a guy get a reamer and dies?

Thanks

Posts: 39 | Location: Yukon,Canada | Registered: 21 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the links above the pictures (three LONG threads) will take you to the long story.

these are rum cases, that I used a shorthand to draw (.550 is nominal max on rum)

PLEASE read the threads.

the reamers will be available at pac-nor in a short while.. and ch4d will have the dies. I have the 416 AR reamer, and 458 and 470 will have a necker shoulder reamer.

dave manson has the reamer prints, and they are fully available, but no changes are allowable to them, to standardiz them.

if you can wait until i build and do load dev on the first three, you can just send your action to pac-nor, i believe..

PLEASE read the threads

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being in canada,I think I would have to buy or rent a reamer,they look like very interesting cartridges similar to the howell 416

thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In "Wildcats vol.2" there is mention of 2.5'' on the .404. It is potent.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also being that your in Canada try Bevin King in Pouce Coupe B.C. He seems to have a lot of reamers

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
We can work something out on the reamer to canada.. or you can order a long chambered barrel, and for $50 more, you can get a headspace gage, and just about any smith in the world can set the barrel.

yes, the howells based off the 404's.

if one reads the threads, you'll see the reasons why this larger case is not based off the 404

jeffe

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com