THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    ive never seen this before...bullets made from cases...

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ive never seen this before...bullets made from cases...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ottaw...-36,GGLR:en%26sa%3DN

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
beerVern Speer use to do that a couple years ago. Roll Eyesroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several shooters did the same thing back when bullet jackets were not so easy to come by. One of the first was using copper 22 LR cases to make varmint bullets during WWII. That is how Fred Huntington got started. I believe Corbin still makes dies for such a thing although it hardly seems worthwhile nowadays what with all the good quality jckets available. Us oldtimers did a lot of things unheard of today just to be able to shoot.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
speer (and then cci... same brothers) started life with swagging 22LR onto 308 bullets.

a 308 is a .473 case... and a .475 bullet.. well... yes, it can be done.

i believe a 223 case can be swagged to 375 and filled with lead

wonder if a 375 hh case be swagged to .550???

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39572 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
45 acp cases make great jackets for .475" bullets, especially since they can be gotten in quantity for free thumb

I've fired 45 acp cases as bullets out of my 480, makes for a lightweight hollowpoing Big Grin If you search sixgunner, John Taffin had an article about loading 45 acp cases in the 475 linebaugh, as I recall they can be launched around 2000 fps.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote