ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Another group trip to THolo Botswana (multiple 60" kudu)- doing it again in 2020

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another group trip to THolo Botswana (multiple 60" kudu)- doing it again in 2020
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I recently returned from another couple of group trips to Tholo Safaris in Botswana. As usual, Tholo did not disappoint. I didn't get pics from most of the folks, but have included some I did.

We have an 8 day package that includes eland, kudu, gemsbok, impala, zebra, blue wildebeest and jackal mostly hunted 2x1.

The trophy quality was fantastic with most kudu averaging in the 54-56" range and a number larger.

Of note, we had a 64" and a 60" taken on back to back days by two guys who hunted together.

personally I shot a couple of broken horned kudu bulls and an eland bull at Tholo. I went out with a few of the guys and just tagged along through the hunts.

I went over for a few days and checked out the Bokomoso property. We book hunts there through Tholo, and we have had super results there as well. It's about 150,000 acres that butts up to the Centra Kalahari Game Reserve on one side. We saw elephants, had lions roaring around camp, a leopard there, etc.

I ws able to track a group of eland bulls and take an ancient old "scrum cap" of a bull the first day. He is my personal favorite eland.

I also took a 56" kudu, but after, I saw a solid 58", and another that everyone felt like broke the 60" mark. The place is phenomenal. We had a husband wife kill 62" and 59" kudu there last year. I think if someone really held off and was super picky on kudu, 58-60" if very doable in 7-8 days. Much of Bokomoso is more open than Tholo. It has super thick areas, but has more open. The accomodations are really top notch as well.

I had a client come in the day I left and he killed a fantastic old eland and a 58" kudu there as well.

I still think for trophy animals in a real hunting setting, These places in Botswana are the best there is in Africa for the more common plainsgame species.

So I have blocked off 8 days at Tholo and 8 days at Bokomoso for group trips in May 2020. Feel free to contact me if you would like more info.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Those are some great bulls. Thanks for posting

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hunting Tholo in Sept!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you and your mates Tim!

Looks like a fantastic area for big kudu and eland.

Posts: 1790 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Impressive report and pics Tim. Well done all around

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

JDollar..when do you get there? I'm there the first week of Sept...

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
I ws able to track a group of eland bulls and take an ancient old "scrum cap" of a bull the first day. He is my personal favorite eland.
Call me crazy, but I agree! Only thing better would be if it was day-8 of solid eland tracking!!! Throw in a broken-horn kudu and I'd be all set. Looks like a great area for whatever one's ambitions/objectives are....including MONSTER kudu!

A Few Trip Reports:
Namibia Family Holiday with Shona Adventures 2016
Bubye Valley Conservancy Father/Son PG & Lion Research 2013
Dande East Elephant Bull Hunt 2012
Dande North Tuskless Elephant & Buffalo Late Season 2011
Cameroon Lord Derby Eland Tracking Hunt 2008
Makuti Tuskless Elephant & Plainsgame Pictures 2008
Deka (Zimbabwe) Elephant Bull 2007
Luangua Valley with Peter Chipman 2004

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

JDollar..when do you get there? I'm there the first week of Sept...

We arrive Sept 18. I guess we just miss each other.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13145 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Botswana is certainly tops for Kudu. 64 is a giant and well done on that alone.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats Tim,

It doesn't get any better than a group trip to Tholo with Tim. I did it in 2015 and had a great trip. Tholo does a great job.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bambazonke
posted Hide Post
Well done Tim and team
good fun must of been had by all
fanatstic Kudu and a dream eland

Posts: 104 | Location: Zimbabwe somewhere | Registered: 31 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice!!

Posts: 225 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 08 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Incredible kudu!

Looks like a place that needs to be added to the list.

Great photos too.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Forrest and I had a great time there Tim. Thank you,

Mac

Posts: 1724 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I also had a great hunt with Tholo. We were there June 1 - 8th. The staff and quality of the operation was very impressive. Thanks Tim for setting us up!

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Mike glad you guys had a good trip. Was a heck of a 58" kudu you killed as well.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fine looking animals.

Too bad the pictures are taken with the guys
sitting on their asses behind 'em though.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jaw dropping Kudu, just fantastic. tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. tu2

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Great old eland bull.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Tim,

One of these years, I'm going to have to go with you.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12539 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them in 2009 and had a wonderful time. Great people and a very memorable hunt.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Frank we are doing it again in 2020.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
Frank we are doing it again in 2020.

In 2019 I'm going to Namibia and in 2020 it's Wifezilla's choice so it's Ireland.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12539 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote