New
Find
Notify
Tools

AWESOME ZIMBABWE LEOPARDS
 Login/Join

Picture of CHIDUMBU
posted
Just cataloging some hunt photos for Ian Rutledge. Thought some of these leopard pics would interest AR readers. Some lovely cats.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Who does Ian PH for these days?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of CHIDUMBU
posted Hide Post
He owns/runs Dindingwe Safaris in the Midlands Black Rhino Conservancy (Kwe Kwe) - been there quite a few years now.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do remember having one of his Dindingwe business cards. He also did hunts for Ingwe Safaris but I thought he started up in Moz?
A good guy. tu2

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of CHIDUMBU
posted Hide Post
Yes, 100% - one of Zim's long-standing PHs, 'old school'. He's mainly specializing in Leopard/Plainsgame packages, as well as big game hunting. Also freelances.

Picture of Juha S.
posted Hide Post
Great looking cats...We hunted in Dande some years ago with Ian Rutledge of Ingwe Safaris.Ingwe Safaris my "best of the best" Zimbabwe operators I have been dealing with.Three times with them so far....

How Ingwe Safaris goes dotay?

Posts: 21 | Location: Finland | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
Really nice leopards. Over what period of time were they taken.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful cats!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Actually, I think those two cats are just avearage.

Having said that, I would shure hope to get one as nice!

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While beautiful leopard indeed there are some real monsters that come out of the Midlands so those would be average for the area.

We hunted next door for two years and like alot of areas that have huge leopard you had to hunt darn hard and have quite a bit of luck but when you got one you got a beauty.

Ian is an excellent leopard hunter so if anyone can pull out one of those educated kitties it would be Ian!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of CHIDUMBU
posted Hide Post
I think Ian is still involved with Ingwe. I'm trying to convince him to sign up on AR, but he readily admits to being completely computer illiterate – I think the idea of posting on an internet forum scares him far more that following a wounded leopard in the thick stuff!
These cats are mainly from his last two seasons (I think). Last night he sent me this one – August 2011. Don’t think I am allowed to post Ian’s details here, but if you’d like to catch up with him I can e-mail you his details.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
No man. Those are Jaguars.

Superb and completely different gene pool to the rest of Africa.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian is a great guy and a fantastic PH. Those are all big cats.

Pete Barnard Safaris
www.africanhunting.biz

Posts: 141 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Excellent leopards!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Why do you say that Andrew? Is there not a contiguous population of leopards around that area merging with other areas?

quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:Superb and completely different gene pool to the rest of Africa.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if Dindingwe Safaris/Ian Rutledge will be at SCI?
I would love to upgrade my current leopard trophy to one of these beasts!

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice! tu2

Picture of CHIDUMBU
posted Hide Post
Ian's not coming across to the US this year - quite a few Zim Phs are giving it a miss. If you'd like to get hold of him I'll send you his details.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I met Ian when elephant hunting with Buzz a number of years ago in Dande when he was with Bill Bedford's Ingwe Safari. Very nice fellow. Those leopard are quite nice. Well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ian is a great guy and I have been on several safaris with him. Would not hesitate to do anything with him. His is of old school SAS and they are tough bastards. Ingwe has sort of disappeared as Bill Bedford (Ingwe) lost Dande south to Swainsons (or so if you know the background). Ian hunts primarily at Kwe Kwe as someone said but he is a freelance guy as well as if you want to hunt with him in a different outfit you could probably arrange it. Buzz is right about some monster leopards in the area but they are smart and you have to have both time and luck to get one of the monsters. Hate to hear is not coming to SCI but some others such as John Greeff are not as well, probably all for different reasons. Bill might still book some hunts as Ingwe but I do not think they have any significant areas any longer. Buzz has Dande East and now Dande south is with someone else but it is primarly controlled by lions.

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
The southern part of Dande North is now hunted by Gavin Rorke Safaris, who purchased Swainson's Safaris. I hunted with Gavin in May. Did not get a leopard though the place was crawling with their tracks and lion tracks. I shot a male lion and other game, including ele and buff. Gavin also hunts the northern part of Dande North, along the Zambezi River.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Some fine looking cats.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote