ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Moyowosi ,Tanzania...Any hunters hunted there lately?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moyowosi ,Tanzania...Any hunters hunted there lately?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Headed there in Sept for Buff with TGT....any comments on the land,scenery,game and hunting...Thanks

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have but it has been a few yers. I hunted with Wengert Windrose.

Lots of buff, topi, zebra. Shot a number of other species but had to travel a long way. Trying to remember all. Lets see, eland, bohor reedbuck, warthog, duiker, hippo, oribi.

Lions were few and far between. Never had a good male on bait. Never got a leopard on bait.

The flood plain is amazing. You will see nothing then suddenly you will see dust and hundreds of buff running.

By far the largest heard of buff I have ever seen was there. There were well over 1,000.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
September is a good date. It will be hot, but dry.

I hunted Kigosi a couple years ago. Never been in Moyowasi though. Very similar terrain.

Practice long shots off sticks!

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Wendell, Licky's brother Deliel mentioned that the Moyowosi gets somewhat more evenly spaced rain than the Kigosi. If true, I would think that would be a good thing.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently hunted in Moyowosi with TGT and had a great time. Saw plenty of Buffalo and had a ball.

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
GREAT!I am also hunting with TGTS again..Great outfit...How was camp,weather and game?Did you shoot Buff and if so,how was spreads/bosses?Did you go to the forest,swamps and plains? I been to Tanz 4 times,but never to any forest,that sounds intersting as I will be looking to see Tarzan (and Jane!)..I am headed there early Sept for 4 buff...Your info is appreciated!Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by DArcy_Echols_Co:
I recently hunted in Moyowosi with TGT and had a great time. Saw plenty of Buffalo and had a ball.

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can call me at the shop and I can give you the details 435-755-6842