Find
Notify
Tools

binge Drinking=more than 4 drinks/day
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted
Looks like the docs have seen fit to re-classify the average Aussie beer drinker. Big Grin
http://au.news.yahoo.com/080614/2/17a7a.html

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
4 middies of beer is binge drinking?

The Aussies that I know call that "breakfast".

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's everyday, it's hardly a 'binge' is it?

I'd think that 'binge sobriety' might be more of an issue... rotflmo

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
4???
The first two are to wash the dust away and the next two wet the whistle for the follow up Big Grin

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid this report will make most Texans look bad as well.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I don't normally post in this section, but this is one case where, from a Texans point of view, you blokes need to grow some cahones and start voting some folks out of office.

I figured losing the right to own firearms would be enough, what is next, Prohibition????

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bugger . Just worked out that I and a lot of my friends are alcoholics .
Think the new definition has come from the Salvation Army by the sound of it .

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lapua
posted Hide Post
We need leaders in Australia with balls not pander to the weakness of others !! I feel we are heading for crap future and feel sorry for the younger lot growing up because the current lot ,us are giving the wrong message as weak as piss. To much f...king blaming culture going on IMHO.

Cheers

lapua

Posts: 114 | Location: Australia | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'd better get in touch with AA asap. Big Grin Big Grin
What complete & utter balls. just the sort of hysterical over reaction you'd expect from pollies though. Hell, after that amount I'm just getting broken in, Wink at least what I assume to be about that amount, I normally drink stubbies (330ml bottles), what the hell does a "middie" hold? To me binge drinking is what all too many of our young folk seem to think is necessary for a good time, ie to drink themselves to oblivion in the shortest possible time.
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a bunch of Kalifornicaters were transported to Adelaide and allowed to breed.

Don't go down without a fight mates. thumb thumb beer beer beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least sanity seems to have prevailed on this side of the Tasman, on the Tele News this am, an ALAC (Alcohol Advisory Council) spokesman said, very diplomatically, that it was somewhat of an overreaction & they wouldn't be going to those extremes. His definition of binge drinking wasn't too far removed from mine & that was where they saw the need to focus. Whew, safe again. Cool
Steve.

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Andrew M.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gayne C. Young:
I'm afraid this report will make most Texans look bad as well.

Big Grin Guess I need to get some help... Actually I think it has to do with the quality of water here so close to Mexico... much safer to drink beer....

Posts: 51 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
so, guns, sex and beer are dangerus, what is left to have fun with.

that is not the aus i know and love.

cheers

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote