Find
Notify
Tools

Australian deer Photos.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted
I was given these photos to share online,maybe some of you may get interested in hunting Australia.

Hog Deer photos are form Sunday Island,some of the deer have ear tags,part of the breeding program there.

My favorite photo.

Fallow.

Chital.

Rusa.

Blackbuck.

Sambar.

Smoke in the background from fires in Victoria.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Nice,

Thanks for sharing

Posts: 69 | Location: Sydney | Registered: 14 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
tp

thats not fair im going to africa this year, and then you show pictures like that.

could you give me an idea about the locations where i might get to hunt these beautys.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
TP,
That photo of the chital looking back over his shoulder at you needs to be framed and on the wall. Wonderful pix.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sako.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
tp

thats not fair im going to africa this year, and then you show pictures like that.

could you give me an idea about the locations where i might get to hunt these beautys.

best

peter

Good numbers of fallow deer are in Southern NSW, Sambar in Victoria, Chital in Norhtern QLD. Blackbuck behind the wire at Watervalley

Posts: 36 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blackbuck behind wire at Watervalley Confused

Is anything truly behind wire at watervalley, given that some of his fences are only rabbit proof? (which has really pissed off SA DEH Roll Eyes)

Peterdk, it really depends how you want to hunt them, for example there are some really good wild rusa heads coming out of Queensland if you know the right guide Wink even though the key acclimatisation society herd was released in Royal NP in NSW...

Posts: 46 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 February 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hey we have a new member. Welcome to the forum and site Gun Barrel Ecologist.

Care to tell us a bit about for self? If not, no worries. Hope you enjoy the site.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day Bakes wave, Yep I'm new to AR but I've been posting on AHN and others for a few years, so I'm noticing some familiar names and signatures on this site Wink

Posts: 46 | Location: Australia | Registered: 27 February 2009Reply With Quote