Notify
Tools

Where are you hunting in 2011 ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted
Happy new year where ever you are

Where is everybody planning to go in the coming year ?

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question. I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to get to Africa with my trusty longbow. If I'm honest with myself though it won't be until 2012 until I have the time....but I'm a dreamer! I'm anxious to hear what other people are dreaming about for this year.

cheers

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
In Victoria and New South Wales for Sambar and Fallow deer, and hopefully a red.

If the office budget works out I have to go Queensland and Northern Territory for work in the Australian wintertime. If that happens I am hoping to take get a Rusa or an Axis deer.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
British Columbia in Oct and Kyrgyzstan in Nov.

I'm skipping Africa for a couple of years to do some bucket list hunts I've put off for too long! Aussie buff in '12.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Fantastic Happy new year everyone

Keep them coming

Good for ideas and inspirations

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Happy new year to every one,

2011 looks like it will be a great hunting year. We are shooting high volme doves in RSA in April and I'm waiting to see if a short buff/PAC ele hunt comes up to tag onto it. Back to RSA in August for a cull hunt and vermin bashing and a week of game birds over pointers and some ducks/geese.

I'm also hoping to get a big westcountry stag if time allows and perhaps some woodcock shooting on the scottish islands.

There are a heap of exciting things in progress, and I'm hoping to launch a new bigger shoot this year if we can get the landowners agreed.

Rgds,
Kiri

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Fallow buck

Have you got news on what we discussed?

One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Im off to Zimbabwe on the 30th June for 10 days Plainsgame hunting.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 686 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
Fallow buck

Have you got news on what we discussed?

Hi mate,

Happy new year. Yes we have a couple of options but quota this year has been slashed in some areas so prices are moving against us. I can do short notice stuff but I'm not sure that will fit your schedule.

Gimme a call tomorrow and we can try and make a plan.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Well , I guess i'm hunting Africa again... dancing

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Deer in my local woods, and a fortnight in Namibia in April for plains game.
Possibly Sweeden in the fall for boars and a fallow..

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just reading this thread and you dont realise just how much shooting you do this is whats planned.

6 weekends in thetford forest over the year.roe and muntjac.
4 days in wicklow for the sika
5 days in sweden september/october for moose
10-15 days in keilder forest for roe.
2 days for stags in the lake district.

and that is not any invites ,i am going to have to take the wife on a holiday Smiler

Posts: 122 | Location: uk | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God my life seems quite dull compaird to you lot . I will be stalking Roe 2 days a week for the full year this will include talking out guests for good bucks and AW stalks i normally get out on the roe deer 100+ times a season and will also have a weekend at the SIKA up north. Have a good one lads and lets hope we get that big big buck or stag we have seen so many times but never connected with.

Posts: 137 | Location: Central belt Scotland | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Belize in May for water buffalo, warrie (white-lipped peccary), agouti: then some fishing and snorkeling, and some Mayan ruins visits. Hope to see some of the American crocodiles along the creeks.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Arizona for Cougar and southafrica in may. Some other trips in planning but not fixed

quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
Belize in May for water buffalo, warrie (white-lipped peccary), agouti: then some fishing and snorkeling, and some Mayan ruins visits. Hope to see some of the American crocodiles along the creeks.

That sounds like fun . Looking forward to your report!! Thats something I would enjoy, too.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
zambia a couple of times and hopefully tanzania if the plans work out.

roe buck here in denmark, and a few phesant shoots and the woodcock work over my shorthair.

wild boar and chamois in romania if time allows.

and the BIG plan will be ELE in zambia with a 12 bore double rifle.

still lot of planing to do to get this working around the calender.

i also have an invite for cougar/black bear in the states, and i desperately want to do that as well, i just cant see when it will be possible.

work is really cutting into my hunting time.

launching my B-class sidelock ejector double rifle this year, so exciting times are ahead for 2011, i hope that everything will pan out for all of you guy's as well.

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
zambia a couple of times and hopefully tanzania if the plans work out.

roe buck here in denmark, and a few phesant shoots and the woodcock work over my shorthair.

wild boar and chamois in romania if time allows.

and the BIG plan will be ELE in zambia with a 12 bore double rifle.

still lot of planing to do to get this working around the calender.

i also have an invite for cougar/black bear in the states, and i desperately want to do that as well, i just cant see when it will be possible.

work is really cutting into my hunting time.

launching my B-class sidelock ejector double rifle this year, so exciting times are ahead for 2011, i hope that everything will pan out for all of you guy's as well.

best

peter

Peter,
They say "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy". Sounds like you really need a vacation. Wink

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
steve

actually i have not had one for a year or so, but yes i sit and look at the plans and i am in awe by the entire idea of me going to africa several times in a year.
thankfully the transport companys steal in africa, so i have to fly my clints rifles down there (at least that is what i tell my wife) and while there i have been offered to assist as a water boy for some of my clients for a week or so each time Smiler it is good to see that my skills are being reconised for what they are worth.

i really cant wait to go back to africa, to walk in the sun with a double over my shoulder and good friends as company, and another plan is losely coming together as of tonight that me and a few new friends are going to zambia for a few bird shoots and a pig drive in oktober, so much shooting so little time, now how can i explain this to my better half Frowner

i hope to be seeing you out there or at least pictures, so i can envy your good luck on the hunting trails.

peter

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
damn, i forgot i actually have to go to zimbabwe and visit with john greeff as well and deliver his new 500 NE double as well, i really am looking forward to be spending a little time with him.

actually steve you are right, i might need that vacation after all rotflmo i might never be wealthy but i do feel that i have a rich life.

best

peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Germany next week for roe deer and perhaps red deer, and of course wild boar. Then back home in Saskatchewan Canada, for a winter trip for feral wild boar, another trip northern Sask. for Ptarmigan and ice fishing for walleye, hunting Coyotes all winter. Run my buddy's trapline in the Porcupine provincial forest for beaver and musckrat at ice out. hunt black bear later in spring, with some beaver and snow goose hunting on the side, then in May a couple trips for high volume varmint shooting of ground squirrels ( gophers) in Southern Sask. I'll be at our property in British Columbia most of the summer, plan to fish for trout most of the summer and shoot a few grouse when that season opens Sept 1st. Bull elk back home in Eastern Sask. mid-September. Mule deer by archery at home in Central Sask. following that. Ducks and geese and cranes and snipe during all of Sept and Oct. Moose in N Sask by float plane and canoe if plans go well, with lake trout fishing on the side. Pheasant, sharptail grouse and grey partridge starting in October, hopefully with my old Pudelpointer to find the birds and point them if his shoulder joint holds up. Ruffed grouse and whitetails in November at our bush camp in E Sask. Some trapping on my buddy's line starting in November. I'd like to run the line with his dog team, and maybe take some fisher or a wolf or two to liven things up.

Posts: 234 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 24 January 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
I've booked for driven Boar in Croatia in December but am still looking for somewhere to cover November and January.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Artemis1
posted Hide Post
Portugal, Slovenia, Hungary, Ireland, Scotland and off course Croatia. Probably I'll spend hunting in Croatia 4 months this year.

Eatie you are always welcome to join in for driven boar, you know that.

Hunting is a lifestyle more than anything else. http://www.artemis-hunting.com/

Posts: 199 | Location: UK | Registered: 13 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Germany as of now Black Forest once a week or so combined with some trout fishing, Brandenburg and Saxonia in fall and winter, hopefully Baviera, most likely Spain.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of George Dina
posted Hide Post
This year I hope I will hunt in Slovakia, Spain and of course, Romania.

Posts: 60 | Location: Romania | Registered: 24 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam.270
posted Hide Post
Stalking on as many weekends as possible at home and in the Dee valley, Aberdeenshire; 14 days stalking in Scotland with Swedish & Irish mates in July for the Roe rut; wild boar and Red deer in Smorland, Sweden in September then over to Wicklow, Eire to hunt with friends for the Sika rut in October. There's also a few days driven and rough shooting here in Herefordshire later in the year and lots of walked-up Woodcock and Snipe shooting down in West Wales at the back end. Might be some Scottish red hind culling in the mix too later in the year, as well as a Welsh mountain goat hunt or two.

This is mostly hunting with friends on the cheap and on our own ground for 2011, whilst saving for the big month long trip to New Zealand in May 2012 for Tahr, Chamois, Reds, Pigs, goat culling etc.

Adam.

Posts: 186 | Location: UK | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Missed out on Lynx in Sweden in March... next year!
Did Greenland in March, which was a blast!
3 weekends of Roe here in the UK this month.
Namibia in July
Norway for Reindeer in August, and Capercaillie in Sweden

Then the season opens in France for boar and reds!
Possibly Monteria in Spain in Dec, we'll see...

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very little 'trips' planned so far...

Fallow opens up in August and I'll stalk most weekends until Jan/Feb. A week on the stags in Argyll in September again and maybe a long weekend of hind culling in Dec/Jan. A couple roe and some foxing over the summer. Maybe do a little fly fishing? No boar trips or Africa planned.

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote