New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fallow Deer on the Wall!! Pics added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got the call from DandL my Fallow Deer has cleared US Customs.

It should be delivered to my door Thursday.

I got a shoulder mount with a slight head turn and the back skin.

Thank you everyone for letting me share him.

And thanks to Buglemim for adding the pics.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fallow deer ... They have those on certain 'hunting ranches' in Missouri and Oklahoma. Charge big bucks for them too. Basically it's 'Fuddley hunting' for rich guys.

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They also have them at Land Between the Lakes in KY.

There was a quota hunt for them there. But it has been stopped for some time.

Mine came from Austria. Hence,the Euro forum.

Where did you get yours? Where did you hunt this year?

If you are calling me an Elmer Fudd, I confess to being inclined in that direction.

If you are calling me a blanking ugly rich guy. You need to go back to the vampire chat rooms.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Just because some species are available to shoot in America, that does not mean folks do not take the time or spend the $$$ to go and hunt them in their native lands where possible.

Why do hunters have to look for reasons to attack each other?

Here is a hunter that went to Europe and hunted and killed a trophy Fallow buck, what is the problem?

I have had hunters come out and hunt feral hogs with me after having hunted wild hogs in Yugoslavia. Why does anyone have a problem?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
That’s great Joshua
I just got back and scored on really nice one

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Was he more black or brown? I love the color phases of these deer.

One of Us
Picture of Dom
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil LHeym, Fallow are a very interesting hunt, glad you got to enjoy the European version. I shot a good one in Czech, won't forget the experience, had a great time! Let's see a picture of yours when you get it.

-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom ---------

Posts: 728 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Last year black
This year lighter color

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your fallow. They seem to have spread to many countries and they can make great wall hangers. Have you posted a picture?

The fallow deer thrives in Texas also. There are innumerable exotic ranches here and many of them have fallow. I shoot the does for meat sometimes. Saw some fallow does and bucks last Friday when hunting axis deer.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Helton:

There are pics of him on this sub forum from the hunt report. Thank you to those that help me with pics. He is scheduled to be here on Thursday.

I will let everyone know and send pics when he arrives.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
I look forward to seeing the mount. (I will be around this week and the next, so if you still have my email address, you can send me the photos and I'll post them. or PM me and I can send it to you.)

I'm curious about the logistics. Did your outfitter arrange the taxidermy and shipping, or did you have to sort it out for yourself?

For anyone interested in seeing the original trip report and photos:

The original hunt report

Jeff

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Klemens local taxidermist. When I get home I give the info for the taxidermist and Kelemens to D and L Custom Brokerage.

They make all contact with Kelemens’ taxidermist, and handle it all.

I did the same thing with my boar in 2014.

Thank you kindly for the re-post.

I will more than likely do the same thing this year when I go to Bulgaria if I shoot straight. Thank will email you pictures. Thank you.

I honestly can’t wait t see the tanned back skin.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truck is lost, but it is in my home County.

My wife called me the crate is in our garage. I should get into it tomorrow when I get home.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The fallow deer thrives in Texas also. There are innumerable exotic ranches here and many of them have fallow. I shoot the does for meat sometimes. Saw some fallow does and bucks last Friday when hunting axis deer.

The crshelton dude is correct.

They do have fallow deer hunts available here in the Lone Star State.

They are especially popular with wheelchair hunters, as fallow deer aren't that hard to kill. Plus, cripples are essentially shooting from a 'bench-rest' position when the deer are drawn into a baited site.

Frankly, it's a win/win all-around since it allows, and indeed motivates, the crippled or wheelchair-bound folks to participate in the sport. Plus it increases the official state-wide stats of 'active hunters.' tu2

All The Best ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am beginning to think you do not try to be insulting. However, you may want elevate your diction.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I am beginning to think you do not try to be insulting. However, you may want elevate your diction.

Some people succeed without trying...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is on the wall pics inbound!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
He is on the wall pics inbound!

Good to hear.tu2

I'm certainly all-a-tingle! Whistling

All The Best ...

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Beautiful mount!

Justin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That buck is a great all round trophy. The palms particularly are outstanding ! Congrats on your hunting and taking such a good buck.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go! Very nice

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 679 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

What a great fallow plus very neat following the whole adventure from the hunt to the house wall !

Thanks for sharing.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote