Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Beer
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Guinness moves to second place for me, although it is close. Number 1 - Quilmes stout..... beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of someoldguy
posted Hide Post
I'm not much of a drinker period, but I do love Guinness! Sometimes just plain old green bottle Heineken tastes right also, but only with food. But no light beer, please!

Glenn

Posts: 942 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warsteiner beer

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Ok, so in Montana here we just started getting Carlsburg and Gennessee Cream Ale. I have to say that these new additions have seriously shaken my tried and true favorites. So now I have to say:
1. Dos Equis
2. Gennessee Cream Ale
3. Carlsburg
4. Tona'

But if I am going to the bar to get tore up I drink Bud Light. Why? Because every bar has it, it's cheap , and it goes down like water. I can drink all night on it and be fine the next day.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted Hide Post
Domestic....Bigbutt and carmel bock
German.....Aecht Schlenterla Rauchbier
And Lion stout

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MMMMMM!!!! John Sleeman's Fine Porter!!

A fantastic beer!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh Oh Oh oooooooohhh! Alexander Keith's Red Amber Ale!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Shaftebury Cream Ale and Honey Pale Ale!

Que Rico!!

Got a few friends over for Pazole, Tequila and beers! Great stuff being quaffed.

More to come! beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best overall: Beck's Dark

Honorable Mentions:

Ndovu
Kilimanjaro

Acceptable:

Castle

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Red Stripe

Willie B

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
German.....Aecht Schlenterla Rauchbier

Marzen or Urbock ...???

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Cold and more importantly in good supply...

But some great beers mentioned!

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
FREE! Wink

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Free" is my favorite, then Schlitz.

Posts: 10175 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Too many good beers to pick just one...
some of my favorites are:

Sweetwater 420
Newcastle
Polar
Budweiser
Busch...yes thats right

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
I am a beer-aholic. I am also a beer-gourmet. The two meet at times, but mostly are mutually exclusive.

Special Occasion (out of town or pissed off wife beer)

Paulaner Oktoberfest
Spaten (most)
Oberdorfer (all)
Belhaven Scottish Ale
Fischer Amber Ale
Warsteiner (Premium Dunkle - but all good)
Newcastle
Rahr Brewery (Ft Worth TX!)

Better than normal days Beer

Red Stripe
New Belgium (all)
Anheuser Zeigen Bock
George Killian's Irish Red (mainly because I like what it was before Coors killed its spirit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killian's )
Guiness (original - not the draft variety)
Dos Equis or Tecate (NEVER EVER EVER Corona)

Chuggin Beer (aka what I usually buy on a daily basis - and yes I should own stock)

Keystone (this is my answer to sports drinks heh)

and to a slightly lesser extent

Rolling Rock (for the wife)
Shiner (sentimental favorite - anything but the blonde)

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
It looks like my tastes are pretty generic. If I want a beer I can cut with a fork it's Black Butte Porter but only if it's out of a tap. I really enjoy Redhook esb, again only out of a tap. Other than that give me a Bud Light with some clamato. I also like some skunky Corona with a lime but like it to much if it's warm out.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the time of year, but both are made by a local up-and-coming micro-brewery:

In the hot weather, Mt Horeb IPA and in cold weather (like now!) Mt Horeb Fat Squirrel Ale.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shiner Bock on tap; ICE COLD!
Ziegenbock which Anhiezer Busch brought out to compete with Shiner Bock; On Tap; ICE COLD!

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A long time ago it was Superior beer on a Mexican beach with bikini girls.

Lately, the best is cowboy cold Kilimanjaro beer in Masailand with my son.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Whatever I am drinking in the company of my DRSS brothers! That's the best beer of all!

On all other accasions, Dos Equis, Modelo Especial.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Lone Star because it's $4.25 for a 16oz sixer at the HEB and essentially tastes like all the rest, actually better than most.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't like light beer. I used to when I used to drink to get trashed.

My favorites right now are:

Mac and Jacks African Amber
Bayern Pilsner
Hales Ale Mongoose IPA

All good sipping beer!

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pig Farmer
posted Hide Post
Anchor Steam Liberty Ale

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods." -- H. L. Mencken

Posts: 25 | Location: Santa Rosa, California USA | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It must be ice cold!!
It will be free. I won't buy it.
I must be realy realy thirsty.
I don't like beer....it's not the #3 drink in the world with any help from me.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our favorite restaurant is the East Side Restaurant in New Britain, CT. Customers at the East Side are smiling or laughing because of the fun there and the big beer cheers.

Walter plays the accordion and its party time.

Turn up your sound and play the video to the right on this website.

http://www.eastsiderestaurant.com/

They have 12 german beers on tap.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
nowdays,when I get out,if they have it - guiness.If not,michelob golden draft light.(thats what my buddy has in his kegmeister)

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alaskan Amber

Yep I also like Moose Drool.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris_Kenney
posted Hide Post
Shiner.

Posts: 120 | Location: Frisco, TX | Registered: 13 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
Right now I'm drinkin' Busch Light.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All time favorite Beer ?. Who Man that is TUFF to decide !.

My Own brew which over the last 37 years I've been tinkering with on and off . A B&T or A

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about a good Maibock, served ice cold and at least 10% alc. Schell Maifest, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, and Ramstein Maibock are good examples.

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta go with a selection for this.

yuengling lager
paulaner
negro modelo

and if i happen across it (maybe not outside of guatemala)

GALLO!!! it's great stuff, and cheap as dirt

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Favorite domestic beer is Yuengling Lager - started just outside of Philadelphia, but can now be found lots of places.

Favorite beer overall is Goesser, an Austrian brew from Steirmark.

Yep, someone got to it before I did... they were "micro" before micro was cool.

It's a local product for me and you can easily identify the local watering holes that have it on draft... they are the bars not displaying an "out of buisness" sign.

around here you sell Yuengling Lager or you might as well pack it in.

As for the Sam Adams that started this?

IF I were oficially judging beer according to catagory there are very few that I wouldn't give terrible judging remarks, why?

"Not to Style" ALL Sam Adams varieties are heavily hopped, especially the ones that aren't supposed to be,
1)Porter is supposed to get it's bitterness not from Hops but from the Dark Roast Malt that provides it's color.
2)Stout? If you FORGET the hops in stout most people shouldn't even notice, it's bitterness comes from the black patent malt.
3)Wheat beers? Hops drowns out the deiicate flavors of the wheat and other flavorings.
4)Octoberfest is supposed to be very malty and actually sweet, not the Sam Adams version...

To me a brewer ALL Sam Adams EXCEPT his rendition of an IPA are excessively hopped.

Want some other Good beers? truely representative of style

Octoberfest? Paulaner is good
But there's an american Octoberfest made by the August Schell Brewery in New Ulm Minnesota that's pretty good...

a Wheat beer? Blue Moon's "Belgian White"
THIS is what Sam Adams "Summer Ale" should taste like, not the horribly overhopped mess they foist on an unsuspecting public with an add campaigne about how Hops is the "soul" of beer (it isn't), Beer is about MALT.

IT should be noted that "Blue Moon" is "Coors"
kinda... it's a Coors label, but they don't actually make it, they contract the Job to F.X.Matt the makers of the excellent Saranac line of Beers...

Try Saranac Chocolate Amber, no, there's no actual chocolate in the beer it's a type of dark roast malt, it basically winds up being a sofer more user friendly form of porter.

Flavor experiences everyone should have once?

Lindemanns Kreik
ANY Belgian Gueuze

Beer, it's why we created civilization in the first place.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
THIS is what Sam Adams "Summer Ale" should taste like, not the horribly overhopped mess they foist on an unsuspecting public with an add campaigne about how Hops is the "soul" of beer (it isn't), Beer is about MALT.

Allen, being a man of such fine taste, might I invite you to try some of the beers from Wisconsin the next time you come this way. New Galarus brewing makes some very distinct beers. I have access to most of them including their Edel Pils which is a fine bohemian Pilsner and their Bock beer, which must be tried to appreciate. Bock so good that they call it Uff Da.

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Whelen Nut
posted Hide Post
Allen

It appears our taste in beers is similar...as is our taste for Bushmills.

My new favorite beer is Boddington's Pub Ale in a pint can with a widget. An Englishman's stout, I guess. LOL

Paul

Fill your boots, man!

Posts: 249 | Location: Northeast WI | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Shiner Bock, and Newcastle Brown ale.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the best tasting beer is one given to you by a good friend on a hot day... or cold day... or windy day.... the second best beer(s) are the one you stole from your old man's fridge when you were 15 and got shitfaced and went up town to bark at the chics.............. if you missed out on that you just missed out.............. Cool

One of Us
Picture of brytstar
posted Hide Post
Green King's Abbot Ale

In politics as in theology! "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, But the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Posts: 200 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
anderson valley hop ottin ipa

can't get local

dog fish head 90 min ipa on tap

stone 12th anniversary stout on tap

Posts: 50 | Location: Winfield, KS | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote