THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    Which .375 H&H to take across the pond...
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which .375 H&H to take across the pond... Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's for sure, as well as Brownell's. I haven't looked anywhere else yet.

I like the Conquest, what little I know about it. The Loopy on paper looks to have a little better eye relief. But the Zeiss has a little more FOV. I'm not going after DG yet, but plan to in the future and this rifle may very well be the one for the job. Although, again, I am considering the 416 as well. But I think I'm gonna start with this one and get used to it. This is my first "big-bore" or at least "big" medium bore rifle, so I know I'm gonna have to learn to deal with the recoil. That's the reason I'm starting now to prepare for a safari in 2009. I want to be completely comfortable with my rifle and know it like the back of my hand before I go and spend that much money for a safari.

David

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Finley
posted Hide Post
I think your on the right track by going with the rifle that feels the best to you. No rifle is immune to faliures. I've owned an equal number of Winchesters and Remingtons and the only major problems I've encountered happened to be with the Winchesters. One bolt handle came loose from the bolt after firing, and the other a .375 H&H, had problems feeding. Both problems were fixed but my confidence in them is not the same. I'm sure there are folks that have the same sort of stories, only about Remingtons. Go with the one that feels best in your hands!

Posts: 223 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 20 February 2001Reply With Quote