THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    October 3rd Hoot-n-Shoot DRSS/ARBBA Houston
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 3rd Hoot-n-Shoot DRSS/ARBBA Houston Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
does anyone going to the shoot have a use for 20 rounds of 10.75x62mm ammo?
Idaho Sharpshooter, the adobe cafe is about 15 or 20 minutes from the best western in manvel

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
10,75x68? if so, tell me the headstamp ..

okay - we'll need a role call for dinner.

Guys, if you want to bring a table .. good on ya... if you selling or swap things, good on ya,,, but PLEASE, this aint a gunshow ... we are guests of the club, and we wouldn't want them getting miffed

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39683 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its 10.75x62mm not 68. its made from blown out 30-06 cases & was loaded by the belle ammo company.
i couldn't find out anything on the belle ammo company or much about the 10.75x62mm.
they were dirt cheap so i grabed them thinking eventually i'll find a use for them or run into someone who can use them.

if i don't get suckered into working that weekend i'll be at the shoot with my 10.75x68 monstrosity

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I think the idea of a table for sale items is great! I would rather give a deal to a member than a stranger. Perhaps if it works out, a small donation to the club might be in line.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Map Showing Cafe Adobe

Cafe Adobe is located on the North side of Hiway 6. It is set back off the road. There is a fountain and a circle drive at the entrance. If enough are going to show I will try to reserve their party room.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Lee,
Folks are welcome to do business on their own. We don't have permission from Bayou Rifles to set up sale tables. Maybe next time? I will have to ask.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only 16 more days till the shoot!!!

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
head count, for vittles, please

who's coming?

476AR,

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Sat, for sure, Fri night maybe.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will be there for Fri night and Sat and Sat night.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Will be there Sat. I will post about friday night tomorrow AM. boss is asleep. Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Will be comming on Friday afternoon

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
I'm probably going to miss this one, which is a bummer, because I just purchased a Ruger #1 tropical stainless laminate in 458 Lott for this shoot.
My daughter is scheduled to deliver her first child (our second grandchild) by Ceaserian section on Thursday Oct.1, in Amarillo. My wife would cut off my cajones and serve them to me raw, then shoot me with that same big bore if I wasn't there for the birth.
Y'all have fun and I'll catch you on the flipside.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I'll be there Saturday with a guest.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Friday and Saturday. Jeff, I'll bring the Aguila subsonics.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,
I know that bitteroot, and Idahosharpshooter will be there also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be there Saturday for sure, working on taking Friday off.
Rodney.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Cut-n-Shoot, Texas USA | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
I am going to try to attend this event. No excuse not to, it is only a few miles from my house. I am not a double rifle owner yet but I do have a filthy, discusting, Win Mod 70 in .375H&H.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I'll be there on Sat with a guest.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
be there on Fri, and Sat -- I will try to bring a couple others w. me, but that's not definite yet.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Saturday for sure, Friday is a maybe at this point.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saturday!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got Friday off, count me in for Friday and Saturday.
Rodney.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Cut-n-Shoot, Texas USA | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm on for Sat. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys have a blast next week! I have to fly to Hawaii tomorrow so I won't be able to make it.

Of course I also have a trip to Houston in October but that's not until the 26th.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it will be a good turnout. Hope to see a lot of faces to put with names. See you all at the feed Friday night.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder about Hoot and Shoot Saturday Oct. 3rd.

Map showing the location of the range
Map to Bayou Rifles Juliff Range

Map showing the location of Cafe Adobe, Sugar Land, Texas. We will meet for dinner at 6:30 PM Friday Oct. 2nd.
Cafe Adobe

Anyone who need help, can call me.
Cell 281-773-7987, Home 281-437-3261 before 7 PM weekday evenings.

Looking forward to having another great event!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I blew it waiting for clients to schedule dates...air went from $325 a week ago to $808 on Southwest and $847C/1147F on Alaska's new non-stop!! Could buy a nice new pea shooter for those fares...live and decide EARLY!! Now I am waiting out clients to make decisions for a trip to Africa mid-October...hope I don't get screwed twice!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2676 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont think ill make this time.DURN!!

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scratch Wayne (AHR) and I. Sigh...
He has another commitment and a deal on a rifle fell thru for me. Looks like we will be working on the spring shoot.

Rich
4-bore shooter

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Scratch Wayne (AHR) and I. Sigh...
He has another commitment and a deal on a rifle fell thru for me. Looks like we will be working on the spring shoot.

Rich
4-bore shooter

Sorrry to hear this Rich, I was looking forward to the visit.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorrry to hear this Rich, I was looking forward to the visit

+1

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Wish I could make it but I'll be in a bear camp on Sat. I'll miss out on all the fun but at least I'll have a double rifle with me.

Have a good time guys.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the biggest disappointment of the year for me. I really enjoy the visiting with the AR members. I was ready, I had just purchased a new pair of 24" milking boots for Friday night.

Rich
proud member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We will miss you too, Rich!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AgLifter
Is going to miss this weekend also. He had something come up.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
dang -- - was going to let him shoot in my 45lc!

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bigdoggy700- I'm looking forward to one each of the big four and appreciate this rare opportunity.
Rodney.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am glad to bring them and share with others. The 2 700 AHR's are serial # 1 and 2 right off of AHR's web sight, and one of the 600 overkills is the one leaning on the buffalo on his home page. I am looking forward putting some names to some faces from here on the forum.I hope everyone enjoys them and has fun shooting them. As with I Idahosharpshooter, last week at my house, the first time you pull the trigger on a bigger gun than you have ever shot the adrenaline is flowing and the heart races a little bit faster! When you come away unscathed, it is a good feeling. Or at least thats how I feel when I shoot something bigger for the first time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any extra 416 remington,458 lott or 500 Jeffery ammo,and wants to shoot them, I can bring 3 super ultra lite rifles made by Mike at Bijou Creek. I am just really low on ammo at the moment in those calibers.Anybody interested in taking a crack at these?