THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    October 3rd Hoot-n-Shoot DRSS/ARBBA Houston
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October 3rd Hoot-n-Shoot DRSS/ARBBA Houston Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it October yet ?????

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this a great week-late 60th Birthday Present or what?

Which rifles to bring, besides the RemBai DR?

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Is this a great week-late 60th Birthday Present or what?

Which rifles to bring, besides the RemBai DR?

Rich
DRSS

The 550 and the 450 ...

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may even show up if I can remember what a gun looks like, or the combination to my safe

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its 36-24-36 billy

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39683 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
36 is nothing in this day and time............breast implants

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but organic 38D's are!!

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Yeah, but organic 38D's are!!

Rich
DRSS

They are kinda like guns, even the small caliber ones are still fun to play with!

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
btt

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had written on another post that I was going to have to cancal my trip for the October big bore hoot and shoot because of funds due to the state making us take unpaid furlough days. I had a thought. If enough people will commit to shooting the 700 ahr, the 4 bore double, and the 700 nitro, I could fund enough to make the trip. You can have a cartridge or shoot one or both. I could use the ammo charges to pay for trip and replace the ammo to my stock later when $$$ loosens up. I would have a charge of 10.00 for 600 over kill, 20.00 for 700 AHR, 50.00 for 700 nitro, and 50.00 for the 4 bore. That would be for a round to keep or to shoot. This may be totall off base but I am just trying to get enough to make the trip. I can make the trip with my wife for about 750.00. That would cover my gas, motel for one night and food and drink etc. If I can get commitments on how many want a cartridge for a collection or to shoot that day, it would help. If this is a dumb idea, tell me to go fly a kite and I fully understand. I would just really like to make it down there to see everyone and put some names with some faces

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
check your PMs.

Rich
BBO&SS*

Big Bore Owners & Shooters Society

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody else wanting to shoot the big stuff???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bigdoggy700, Count me in or at least for a round of each to keep. Not sure if my back is up to shooting anything that big yet, but I am a cartridge collector and none of those are in my collection. Sign me up for the "big four".
Rodney.

Posts: 1049 | Location: Cut-n-Shoot, Texas USA | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigDoggy,

I will find a way to get there if I have to cut out of class early. I understand expenses! I'll give $50.00 to shoot each(600 OK, 700 AHR, 700 Nitro, and 4 Bore) and add the fired brass to my collection. Thats $70.00 over nominal price. Sign me up!

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, looks like I am 1/2 way to making my trip. I just need a few more commitments. Guys, there are not many true 1.052" diameter true 4 bores out there. Most are really 5 or 6 bores with a .933 to .968 diameter. Heres the real thing. Heres a chance to shoot 4 of the more powerful cartridges made for shoulder held rifles all in one place. How about it??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dagnabbit, I'm supposed to be Pronghorn hunting on or about the fifth of October. That 600 and 700 ought to be fun to shoot. Do they kick much?

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I've never been to Houston, so which airport do I fly into- Hobby or Bush? How far to the shoot from the airport?

Will bring a 600 OK at least.

The Pronghorn will be there when I get back.

Looking forward to shooting with y'all

Posts: 1253 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Hobby is closer and easier but IAH offers more carrier choices. Check the price and schedule.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I will be there, as usual! Lee.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I may even have the new Hemi in my 69 to drive out there, cross my fingers!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
i will be...
rusty too!

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can we move up the calender to get to Oct.3rd a little quicker???

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in a word; NO!

Haven't you ever heard of delayed gratification? It's why we can't have dessert first most of the time!

See you in 13 days!

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it Rich. A few rate checks for those going to the shoot in Oct. Rooms are available at Manville Best Western 75.65 for a king bed, Pearland Holiday Inn 81.00,Pearland Hampton 109.00, Houston S.W. Freeway Crown Plaza 67.00. All of these rates will have tax added to them. The king bed is at Best Western . Where are most of you staying on Friday and Saturday night?? Ken

One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
i'll be there with a guest....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone give any thought to where we could do a Friday night dinner?

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
set it up bubba, we'll come..
though I suggest someplace like saltgrass or pappasitas
jeffe

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
jeffe,

what was the name of the place we had lunch out by Hog Killer's ranch? Man, that was some serious good mex-tex food and ICE COLD beer!
For the rest of you, that was the day Rodney tried to empty a case-gard 50 of my warm 505 Gibbs loads.

A banquet-style place, we might need seating for forty or fifty people.

Rich
how many days...?
22!

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
its nearl 100 miles to that place, Rich .. Trust me, there's plenty of places down south of here

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't be able to make it this time. My young Drahthaar and I are leaving on 10-1 for Cheyenne
to run the Armbruster. Thats a international breed test and field trial. He will be running against 60 of the best young dogs from both the us and Germany. He only has one chance to do this so off we go. Have fun

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay Jeffe, I figure you know every good mex-tex or seafood restaurant for at least fifty miles. Now, where is a good place for Wayne and I to stay? The Best Western where MR and MRs BD700 are going to be?

Rich
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
though I suggest someplace like saltgrass or pappasitas
jeffe

Too many dang yuppies... Nothing wrong w. a little food poisoning w. your tacos...

I don't know any places that far south -- personally, I'd vote for the first place that uses wood to cook their BBQ/steaks, or the one w. the best booze...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The closest good motels are in the Manvel/Pearland area at the intersection of Hwy 288 and FM 518. Where BD700 said. That is also where the densest collection of eateries is located. I wasn't kidding by much; Juliff might as well paint "welcome" on both sides of the sign. Mostly pasture all around, and a couple of really large prisons.

Did some checking. Pearland has a place called Central Texas Style BBQ in town. Family owned for 30 yrs and supposed to be some of the best around the area. I'm sure it has more than a few locally owned TEx-Mex places too. After all, that was our national industry before we became a state.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,

It seems as though we ate at a BBQ place on 6 just east of 288. You could eat inside or outdoors and it was not too bad. Now keep in mind my taste buds are geared towards seafood being from Louisiana. It also looked like a place where you could get a touch of food poisoning, that could cut down on the competition.

I also remember a Best Western being built nearby, I guess that is Manvel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My wife and I, along with Bitteroot and Idahosharpshooter are staying at the Manvel Best western.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I will probably stay at the BW in Manvel also also. I am anxious to meet some fellow shooters. Bitteroot (I am assuming with AHR) built my LH 375 CZ and IdahoSS and I are working to complete an ARbay transaction now.

I leave for Africa 6 days after the Hoot and Shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YUP, Wayne from AHR the one and only!

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Need a place to eat in Pearland, try Big Mommas. Go East on Hwy 518. Bob Cyler, Forrest Bruch, Rusty and others can attest to the food. I am getting hungry for some oxtail stew and fried okra just thinking about it.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Let's do Tex Mex at Cafe Adobe near the Northeast corner of US59 and Highway 6.
Say around 6:30 Friday night.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

how close is that to the Best Western in Manvel?

Rich
DRSS