Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

600 nitro Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking of building a 600 nitro. I have never fooled around with this cal. My question is what action would be a good platform, what brand barrel, what twist rate and were can i find brass. Any thoughts or ideas would be appericated or if there is another cal of same ,greater or slightly less impresiveness i will consider all option.

Thanks RH-Outfitter.

"Speed is the key."

One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
On a bolt gun, 600 Over Kill is the king of the hill. Ed or Rob can tell ya all ya need to know about it.....

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RH, are you thinking of a bolt gun? If so, I suggest dropping the idea as the only actions that will work are made by Heym and Karl Heinz Ritterbusch in Germany and Peter Hambrusch in Austria.

If you just want .600 NE ballistics, then the .600 Overkill is the way.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 grains,
what is a .600 overkill?

Thanks RH-Outfitter

"Speed is the key."

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 grains

Thank you for the information do you have a 600 overkill? do you have exact chamber specs? how mutch is brass running? I have several cz 550s in 458 win and one in 460 wby the 600 overkill looks like the next project.

Thanks RH-Outfitter.

"Speed is the key."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not have one. Brass should be available from AHR. Probably your cheapest bet would be to send an action to AHR and have them build the rifle. Price of brass? Not sure but probably 5 bucks each.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 Grains

Thanks for your help man. I am definatly going to look at building one my self and will let yall know how it turns out.

"Speed is the key."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RHoutfitter,

Ed, at AHR sells loaded rounds of the 600 OK with 900 grain bullets. A box of 20 loaded rounds runs about $175.00.

Posts: 929 | Location: southern illinois | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
or you can build a 600 nitro single shot farquson by waffen fabrik hein for about 5-7000 as a rough guesstimate.

all i know is ai can builfd a 700 nitro for under 10,000

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Send your action to Ed at AHR and about $3000. In return you well receive a fully fuctional 600Ok. 900gr bullet at 2400fps. I don't know anything about your big bore shooting experience, but this thing is not for anyone who has never shot a really heavy recoiling gun before. Brass is readily available and there are at least 15 other 600Ok's out there. It's the king of the hill with respect to really practical stopping rifles.-Rob

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012
Nothing Up my sleeves but never without a plan and never ever without a surprise!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote