North Fork Lives! Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heat:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy E:
Hello everyone... Today was a big day for North Fork in that we finally have the new www.northforkbullets.com web site up. Please have a look and let us know what you think. Thanks for your interest and support! Now, we must get back to work so we can fill out our inventory!

Andy Evans

Andy, just curious if you've looked into any "unleaded" designs? The reason I ask is that there seems to be more and more rhetoric about leaded bullets leaving lead in the meat. Whether that is BS or not is less relevent then the "perceived" issue, mostly by tree huggers and the anti crowd.

Ken....

Cup points is a great niche for NF

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a break from the forum and all sorts of stuff happens!

I expected to return and see that RIP to have developed and cobbled together something along the lines of a 600 MBOGO, but NF back in action is a pleasant surprise and great news.

Welcome, Andy! Nothing but the nest of wishes for NF.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just received my first shipment of North Fork bullets today. Unfortunately I'll have to wait another month or two for my new 404 Jeffery before I can try them out.

I've gone through alot of old threads about load info for the 404, but when the time comes I hope to tap the wealth of knowledge from the guys here for any updated info.

Euge

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
What I would like are Cup Point solids in .452 ,340 gr weight for my Casull ... I don,t like SLOW bullets and I have shattered Hard Cast bullets with it . ., I,m using Belt Mt Punch Bullets now but would like more options ...... How about it Andy ....???????????

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
340 grain all copper bullet would be a bit long for a handgun IMHO

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by euge:
I just received my first shipment of North Fork bullets today. Unfortunately I'll have to wait another month or two for my new 404 Jeffery before I can try them out.

I've gone through alot of old threads about load info for the 404, but when the time comes I hope to tap the wealth of knowledge from the guys here for any updated info.

Euge

The NF 380grSP have been a great bullet for me in the 404jeffery. Over RL19 or IMR4831, they are 1MOA in my rifle & perform exactly as advertised on two buffalo I have taken. I'm glad to see them back in business, but sad to see the price almost double. They are still worth it for the DG hunter IMO, but the new prices have put me off trying them for NA hunting. Frowner

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Euge

Who is doing your 404? Mine should be ready any day from AHR. A friend has one and shots 80 gr. RL15 with 400 gr. TSX and is very accurate.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
fredj338

I was almost shocked to see the price, but had no idea what the old prices were. I will most likely work up a good load, then put them on the shelf until I'm able to hunt something worthy of their use. It's a sad state when tsx & a-frames look like a bargain!

tradewinds

Williams Gunsight here in Mi. is handling mine. It is a rebarreled super grade Model 70. I don't know much about AHR, but from the pictures I've seen here, your sure to have a fine looking rifle. I would love to see it when it's done.

Most of the load data I've found revolved around Re15, IMR4831, & Varget. I guess It's a matter of picking one & giving it a whirl.

Thanks
Euge

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
fredj338

I was almost shocked to see the price, but had no idea what the old prices were. I will most likely work up a good load, then put them on the shelf until I'm able to hunt something worthy of their use. It's a sad state when tsx & a-frames look like a bargain!

tradewinds

Williams Gunsight here in Mi. is handling mine. It is a rebarreled super grade Model 70. I don't know much about AHR, but from the pictures I've seen here, your sure to have a fine looking rifle. I would love to see it when it's done.

Most of the load data I've found revolved around Re15, IMR4831, & Varget. I guess It's a matter of picking one & giving it a whirl.

Thanks
Euge

Good luck w/ your new 404j, great caliber, I love mine. Yes, sadly the new NFs are nearly double in price. I'm glad I bought several boxes from Mike before he closed & should be good for hunting bullets until I can't hunt anymore. For practice, it's Woodleigh, Hawk or swaged down 300gr 44mags. thumb

one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tradewinds:
quote:

Euge

Who is doing your 404? Mine should be ready any day from AHR. A friend has one and shots 80 gr. RL15 with 400 gr. TSX and is very accurate.

That load must be pushing the 400grTSX hard?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fredj338:
quote:
Originally posted by tradewinds:
quote:

Euge

That load must be pushing the 400grTSX hard?

2350 in my friends AHR with 24" Barrel, I was looking for practice bullets, The Woodleigh at Midway are now more than the TSX. I called Hornady and they said ammo and components will be out Spring 2009.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Yep, w/ RL15, that's pushing hard. I would switch to something a bit slower, RL19 or IMR4831. You can run the same vel. w/ less pressure.
If Hornady makes a 400gr Interlok, it will be a quality, affordable bullet for practice & PG hunting. If they make a bonded SP, it's likely to be the same price as Woodleigh, still, American made, I'm buying. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
FYI, North Fork backed off on the prices a bit, and there is an additional 10% discount through December. Most bullets are now available.

In my Jeffery my load was IMR 4895 with the 380 NF at ~2375 fps.

Andy E

Posts: 15 | Location: Western Oregon (when not hunting elsewhere) | Registered: 21 September 2008Reply With Quote