THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIG BORE FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Big Bores    458 Win. or 416 Taylor on Mauser action
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

458 Win. or 416 Taylor on Mauser action Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am currently planning to order another custom M98 with a standard length action. Over the years I had all kind of rifles with magnum actions (too long for my taste) but also sold most of them with a Echols Legend in 458 Lott left with which I am very happy.
However, this kind of power is not always needed so I want a shorter rifle with a 22" barrel. A small scope will be added with detachable mounts. I am leaning toward the 458 Win because it might be more suited to buffalo and elephant and there are lighter bullets for PG around also. Ammunition is easily available. Nevertheless a 416 Taylor is also tempting. Basically all ammo will be handloaded. What do you think?

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
375 vs 458
Posted by Murphy on Jan 21 2005
Bowhunter,

Your question regarding a rifle caliber reflects a limited experience with big boomers. Maybe rifles in general? A bow hunter huh? Anyway, I have some experience with both calibers and have taken several animals with both. I have also been with other hunters using those calibers. I have seen the good the bad and the ugly with both. I will say this, the more I shoot and hunt with the 375 H&H, the more I like it. If you are accustomed to the recoil of the 300 Mag., you can shoot the 375. The recoil level of the 458 Win. is a significant step up, and disportional to it's killing power. The 458 Win. will send 500 grain bullets at about 2000 fps. The 375, 300 grain at about 2570 fps. There seems to me to be a very close match between the 375 ballistics and a certain group of animals. Moose, Eland, Roan, Bongo, (yeah that's really it's name) large Elk and Lions!!I've taken all these except Moose and Bongo with the 375 H&H. I'm not as yet convinced the large caostal Brown Bears are in this category but certainly the Grizzly most often encountered here are. I also think the Cape Buffalo is not in this group but I won't hunt him with a 458 either. Moose and Brown Bears can both be killed with a 375, for sure, but in the case of the Bears, can he be stopped!! A big thing. Also can you shoot a heavy caliber as well and as quickly as you can a 375. I don't know, some people cannot shoot the 375 H&H at all. One other thing to consider, the weight and bulk of a rifle is a negative when hunting. Carrying, and bringing it to bear (so to speak) must be come a natural instinct for you. Bigger is not better unless you plan to use it as a club!! CZ safari's are very heavy, great rifle the CZ, but much to heavy for a hunting rifle in this caliber. I understand the 458's weight but why the 375? The take here is if it's heavy it won't kick so hard. True, but it's not belt fed. A balance of weight and tollerable recoil must be made. In regards to caliber for big Bears, a heavily penned debate in this forum, what you shoot well and instinctively is almost always better than a new heavy for a bear hunt. Secondly the 416 calibers are probably better calibers for bears and are more versatile in regards to different ranges (distances) you might have to shoot than the 458. The 458 is probably a great bear gun, but for only the small number who can shoot it well and at the shorter distances. It is fine for lion and they have teeth and claws! The 416 is also great for lions but much better for buffalo than the 458 because it penetrates better. Recoil however is a bit stiffer than the 458 Win. I would choose any 416 (416 Taylor, 416 Hoffman, 416 Rigby, 416 Wby. etc.) over the 458 Win. because it has better trajectory and penetrates better. It has been my Mbogo gun and will work for other tough guys. When I hunt Lions again, I'll use my 416 Rem. When I hunt big Brown Bruins, I'll use the 416 Rem, also. When I hunt moose I'll use the 375. When I hunt caribou where there (everywhere) may be grizzlies, I'll carry the 375. I can shoot it, I can carry it and it will be a better stopper than a 300 Mag. I'm glad you posted your question here but the truth is there are others here better qualified to respond. Those among us who have actually shot large bears and seen many shot with different calibers. I have hunted a great deal, but never shot a brown bear of any size. Common sense and Robert Ruark, say use enough gun! Hope this helps, good shootin'
Murphy

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I already have among other rifles also a 375 which I used on several safaris which included buffalo and elephant.I am focusing on a handy and compact DGR rifle and I am willing to accept a trade of in increased recoil. If I would live in the US I would go for a B&M but for convenience reasons I will focus on 458 Win and 416 Taylor. While I like the 416 Rem it seems not the obvious choice for a standard Mauser 98 action.

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
if you go w the taylor you will never be sorry

if you go w the 458 wm you will never look back

taylor is a wildcat but one of the best

trick is to get one of each

my thoughts about em

don't blow off the 425 express it's a real gun as well

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never felt the need for anything larger than a 40 caliber and the Taylor is an excellent choice.. The .458 works fine also, but Ive never been a .458 Win fan as its 10 lbs of crap in a 5 pound bag..If I want a 458 I'll go with the Lott...I'll probably get trashed by the Win. gang of rufffians!! sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the 416 Ruger would be an alternative Too? But for a standard M98?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at all the bullet choices for the 458. High BC choices like the Barnes 350g, Swift 450g, Woodleigh 400g, make the rifle useful for general hunting. Then throw in all the cheaper 45-70 bullets for inexpensive fun. A handloader who isn't recoil sensitive could use the .458 for just about everything.

one of us
posted Hide Post
With the 416 ruger out there I would not build a Taylor.

If I wanted a 416.

If I didn't have a bunch of 416 T brass I would turn mine into a 416 ruger.

Posts: 19569 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am certainly not a gunsmith nor 98 expert.
But, it seems to me if the Taylor would work, so would the Ruger.

I am a fan of the 416 and the 375 Ruger cartridges.
So, the 416 Ruger would be my choice, unless there is a reason for it not working in a M98.

quote:
Originally posted by jaegerfrank:
Maybe the 416 Ruger would be an alternative Too? But for a standard M98?

Posts: 426 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
of the two, the 458, everytime, all the time .. there is no compelling reason for the 416 if you reload, and it is not a player if you dont.

however, the 416 ruger is a fine 416 --

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39554 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Does some make 416 Taylor head stamped brass? My only concern is someone in Africa not letting my ammo in the country because the brass doesn't match the gun.

I'd probably recommend a 416 Ruger for the above reasons even though I'm still mad at Ruger for not coming out with .404 (.423 diameter) Ruger cartridge instead of the .416.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
got a 1000 416 taylor head stamp brass last year for africa think I got em through midwayusa

so yes it's out there

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...416-taylor-box-of-20

https://www.grafs.com/retail/c...gory/categoryId/3610

http://www.qual-cart.com/400%20cal.htm

https://www.midsouthshooterssu...fle-brass/416-taylor

https://www.brownells.com/relo...case-prod105483.aspx

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good information, it takes that worry out of it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Does some make 416 Taylor head stamped brass? My only concern is someone in Africa not letting my ammo in the country because the brass doesn't match the gun.

I'd probably recommend a 416 Ruger for the above reasons even though I'm still mad at Ruger for not coming out with .404 (.423 diameter) Ruger cartridge instead of the .416.

you do know there are properly labeled 416 hornady, right? and hornady makes just a few more 418 caliber bullets than 404.....

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39554 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Did you mean 400 Whelen? Big Grin
I like 06 based carts for Mausers.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am currently planning to order another custom M98 with a standard length action. Over the years I had all kind of rifles with magnum actions (too long for my taste) but also sold most of them with a Echols Legend in 458 Lott left with which I am very happy.
However, this kind of power is not always needed so I want a shorter rifle with a 22" barrel. A small scope will be added with detachable mounts. I am leaning toward the 458 Win because it might be more suited to buffalo and elephant and there are lighter bullets for PG around also. Ammunition is easily available. Nevertheless a 416 Taylor is also tempting. Basically all ammo will be handloaded. What do you think?

I definitely have "a limited experience with big boomers", but dare to write because some issues may turn around matters other than how many school days we wagged in order to go hunting Smiler

Since you live in Germany and would appear to have more interest in Africa than North America, the suitability to Africa should be tantamount to the argument.

Though, both calibres are OK for elephants, the 458WM is closer to the average ballistics of rifles recommended for the purpose over the past 100 years.

Yes, it is less powerful than the 458 Lott but, if you can get the Win mag made on a 98 Mauser action, the shorter cartridge may just save you from a fatal occurrence of African shortstroke.

The most important thing is, of course, to make sure the gunsmith ensures the magazine rails etc are spot on, so the cartridges feed every time, without fail. Use of the M98 will also give you the most respected controlled-round-feed action available, not to be confused with one American clone that can't even get the mainspring right.

The 416 Taylor may also be made down to the same length but the case has less taper, so might not feed or extract quite as well. For the Taylor to approximate 416 Rigby ballistics, it will have to be pushed beyond tropical loads, once more threatening easy extraction in hot weather.

If you were to leave the old M98 wing safety in place, it could be put in the vertical position when the trail hots up. This may look ugly but ensures you'd never take aim over 'iron' sights with the safety on. (But if you must use a small scope, I would not trust anything with a constantly centred reticle, which is almost everything these days. With the popularity of illumination and the severe inheritance laws in Germany, good old reticle-movement scopes often come up for sale on the Internet - you might find a sound Zeiss/Hensoldt or B.Nickel scope you can really depend on.)

I see that Norma load 416 Taylor solids, at least, so there are cases with the correct head stamp. But in the event your ammo supply somehow gets lost or runs out, I'd rather have a 458 WM.

Posts: 5073 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive built two or three 416 Taylors on 98 actions, and a few 375 Taylors on 98s...Ive also built 416 Rem. and 375 H&H on 98 actions, and a couple of 416 and 375 Rugers and a 404 Ruger on 98 actions..Its not a problem, not at all, you have plenty of room and all you need to do is open them up in the rear and a tad in front..Factories and custom gun smiths been doing that for ions..BTW all the Mark 10s and their off shoots in 375 H&H are 98s opened in front only, and Ive never known of their African model having a problem, and they sell like hotcakes on AR..Last but not least many 458 Lotts and its kin are on 98 actions as well as 404 Jefferys (which I don't prefer for the Jefferys but never the less lots of them out there)

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
416 Ruger

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray. Yes, it is possible to use the Mauser for long cartridges by these means and I would not want to comment on the safety of extending forward, though that would at least not need a longer bolt throw.

My point about using the 458WM because it is shorter than the Lott is not that the latter could not be used in the Mauser but that being about the same length as the 9.3x62, the 458 Win mag should fit the standard magazine without lengthening, and not require the bolt to be pulled back any farther.

I have only suffered 'African shortstroke' twice and only while I was shooting at running deer - and must admit that one of the rifles was only a Mauser in .30'06. The thing is, though, that when it happens the difference between picking up the new cartridge or not may only be a millimetre or two - but every one counts.

Posts: 5073 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have only suffered 'African shortstroke' twice

That is a shooters problem not a action problem.

Posts: 19569 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

That is called Moose/Bear fever where I live!
dancing

Posts: 2359 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Over the past 40 years I have used a lot of different calibers on a lot of bears and finally gave up trying to find a better round for killing big bears than the 458.
2000 fps with 500 gr loads is a relatively mild load and by using AA2230 powder 2200 fps is possible.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:

What is "a shooters problem not a action problem"? One that comes from posting feverishly or skipping school to go hunting, perhaps?

Yes, nerves probably are the largest part of failing to pull the bolt back far enough, but everything is relative. The less distance the bolt has to go, the less likely the problem will occur.

one of us
posted Hide Post
With the newer powders I might change my mind on the .458 Win. but at 83. closer to 84 I can't shoot the big bores like I used to..BTW, Ya'll will have to deal with that sooner or later..Call it too little to late, but my confession should make a lot of good folks and a couple of ass holes happy. Just kidding!! wave

The .416 Ruger does negate the Taylor perhaps.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
We have a saying in Idaho about short stroking a rifle and that is ya can't chew gum and walk..

Yeah, Ive short stroked a gun a couple of times, but I was running to try and head of the critter at the pass..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can use a shortened 458 Mag case AKA the 458 American...it works perfect. Downloading ALWAYS helps in some cases. I have a SMLE I rebarreled/re chambered to 458 A but used a mag reamer. The SMLE mag max length is about 3.10", so depending on the cannelure measurement I just trim the case to make all things fit. With a max load for the SMLE action ~45KPSI I get plenty of velocity, a big/heavy bullet and all the whack I need for anything on the planet...but just download slightly I get all that PLUS much less shoulder whack.

The 458 A eill work perfectly in the mauser action as eill the 416 taylor OR by adjusting all the parameters and trimming ther case to fit you can get just about whatever you want...forget about the either/or "stuff".

Enjoy

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you want something lighter and want a .416, I suggest the 416 Ruger over the 416 Taylor.

Very easy to do in a Standard 98 and very effective.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
quote:

If you want something lighter and want a .416, I suggest the 416 Ruger over the 416 Taylor.

Very easy to do in a Standard 98 and very effective.

I agree. Also the 416 Rem will work out of a 98 Mauser.

A 9mm may expand to a larger diameter, but a 45 ain't going to shrink

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 5077 | Location: USA | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
We have a saying in Idaho about short stroking a rifle and that is ya can't chew gum and walk..

Yeah, Ive short stroked a gun a couple of times, but I was running to try and head of the critter at the pass..

Just be glad it was not a dangerous critter running toward you !

Short stroking is primarily an issue exacerbated by stress and it can happen to anyone not intimately familiar with working their rifle under all conditions.
I assume there were many examples of people dying in combat due to short stroking their rifles that inspired Paul Mauser to redesigned his earlier push feed rifles and to introduce CRF .

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jwp475:

No where near as easily. There is a great deal of difference in the amount of work required.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No where near as easily. There is a great deal of difference in the amount of work required.

Not if he orders the action ready for 375 H&H which are readily available.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
- Winston Churchill

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Then he wouldn't be ordering a Standard length 98 would he?

If he orders a Magnum length action, sure, its easy. but one of the OP's requirements was wanting to avoid magnum length actions as he felt they were too large/heavy.

Same reason I built a .416 Ruger on a Standard length 98 and sold my cz550 in .416 Rigby. One was a pig, the other light and lively.

Aut vincere aut mori

One of Us
Picture of jwp475
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If he orders a Magnum length action, sure, its easy. but one of the OP's requirements was wanting to avoid magnum length actions as he felt they were too large/heavy.

Same reason I built a .416 Ruger on a Standard length 98 and sold my cz550 in .416 Rigby. One was a pig, the other light and lively.

The opening posted stated he was “planning on ordering”. Which means he hasn’t ordered yet, so I gave him another option, if Africa is on the menu I’d wager that 416 Rem Ammo would be easier to come by if need arose while in Africa.

- Winston Churchill

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
A 416 may expand but a 458 certainly isn't going to shrink

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not trying to argue....

I recollect that FN offered their commercial M98 standard length “H” action with a 375 H&H length magazine (Model 400?).

Zastava currently offers their M70 action & rifle (new commercial M98 standard length action designed on the commercial FN M98 standard length “H” action) in 375 H&H.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your Legend in .458 Lott which you like and kept, surly runs like a dream. The extra length in action should not put it in retirement status. Shorten the barrel to 22" to make it handier. Download to .458 Win. Mag, for certain hunts.
All the calibers mentioned are excellent, but the Lott takes a back seat to none of them.

Normally if you want a Mauser 98 shorter std. action, I would recommend the 9.3x62mm. Then there is a gap to have a nich with each.

I am going to answer out of the box. Just me, if I wanted another shorter heavy weight rifle. Get a double rifle. It will complement your Lott.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mlfguns,

Downloading a .458 Lott to .458 WinMag ballistics?
That is picking the fly poop out of the pepper for sure.
Especially when a .458 WinMag can be handloaded to beat a SAAMI .458 Lott.
Even keeping both cartridges to SAAMI specs, the .458 Lott beats the .458 WinMag by only 50 fps.

jaegerfrank,

If there is still a question between a .416 and a .458 ...

What I have left to load and shoot in my meager collection includes nine .416-caliber rifles in seven chamberings:
.416 Taylor X 1
.416 RemMag X 2
.416 Barnes Supreme X 1
.416 Ruger X 2
.416 Dakota X 1
.416 Rigby X 1
.416 Barrett X1

Also, eleven .458-caliber rifles, in seven chamberings, above .45-70 Govt. power level (the .45-70s are multiplying like rabbits, need a cull):
.458 B&M x 1
.458 WinMag X 3
.458 Lott X 3
.450 Barnes Supreme X 1
.450 NE 3-1/4" X 1
.450 Thumper (.458/.338 Lop'wah Magnum) X 1
.450 Dakota X 1

Without a doubt, the .458 WinMag is the most practical and useful in the widest array of applications.

Your idea of the SAAMI/CIP .458 WinMag is of course the best possible option, on a standard M98.
I have only three .458 WinMags at present, and three more planned,
including a "Jungle Carbine" on a standard M98.

If you handload you can easily find sub-MOA loads with:
Cast bullets at about 1400 fps
300-grain Barnes TTSX at 2640 fps
350-grain Barnes TSX at 2590 fps
That last load has same drop as a .375/300-grain TSX .375 H&H classic velocity load out to 300 yards.

I am working on the 400-grain, 450-grain, 500-grain, and 600-grain .458 WinMag accuracy loads now.
My latest stab with 400-grainers produced 2455 fps and 1.5-ish MOA. I will do better.

I have just returned to the .458 WinMag after about a 30-year sheepish period of fooling with all the others above, and too many more.

I have seen the light.
Even though the .458 WinMag ruled as tops until the .416 revival by the sheeple,
it is better now than it ever was, with all the powders and bullets the handloader has.
tu2
Anyone who claims the .458 Winchester Magnum is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own sheepishness.
Rip

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rip
Jaegerfrank stated: That kind of power is not always needed. He specifically put the .458 Win. Mag. as one of his choices.
My point is. I was showing him the versatility of the Lott without having to accrue another rifle.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What! Without having to accrue another rifle!
That is no fun!
tu2
Anyone who claims the .458 Winchester Magnum is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own sheepishness.
Rip

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well said RIP!