THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOOKS AND VIDEOS of INTEREST FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Books And Videos Of Interest    "21 Days In Africa" takes Book Of The Year

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"21 Days In Africa" takes Book Of The Year
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Michigan writer Dan Donarski, of Sault Ste. Marie, can add award-winning author to his resume. At the recent annual convention of the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers, comprised of outdoor and travel journalists from 17 states, Donarski’s book, 21 Days In Africa: A Hunter’s Safari Journal, took the award for “2008 Book of the Year.” And, when it came time to name “Best of Show,” an award given to the best journalistic effort in all print and electronic media submissions, 21 Days In Africa again came out on top.

21 Days In Africa isn’t your standard how-to, breast-thumping-greatness book so prevalent in the outdoor genre. It is a personal tale that is high on adventure and emotions. “I didn’t want to write a standard book. What I wanted was to write a book that a veteran of Africa could read and fondly remember the experience of his or her first safari with that child-like wonder they felt at the time, and one which the dreamer could read, see that it is still possible and affordable to go on safari, and then do something about it.”

According to critical reviewers of Donarski’s book he accomplished just that. Critic David Graham writes, “...this book revives the safari genre with verve and honor...long on adventure, short on brag....” Tom Huggler in his review of the book writes, “Ruark would have liked, nay, cheered, this book.” And, from James Handcock, “...beautifully illustrated, nicely bound, and well-written... I rate this as one of the best of the modern books on the subject.”

OK, that's what was written about the book. I know of a number of folks here at AR who have read my book. At least to my face they said they have really enjoyed it.

Published by Stackpole it comes with a $29.95 price tag for the hard-cover trade edition.
From me to you, due to shipping, it is $37.50 and you get asigned copy.

There is also a special, limited edition that Stackpole produced, leather spined, brillanta cloth covers with gold emboss,special end papers, and a brillanta cloth slip case. 100 of these were printed. I own them all. Book sellers wanted $150-- I thought it was too much so I bought them and am selling them for $110 inc shipping.

PMs are cool if interested.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
PM sent.
Hope your street address is

404 Golf Court

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, just checked this thread. Yup, you have the address correct.

djd

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read Dan's book last year before he was recalled to active duty in Afganistan and subsequently blown up. Luckily, He made it home in reasonably good shape after a long rehab. His book in great and gives a good perspective for the beginning safari hunter. It's a great read and I enjoyed it! He's a true American hero, though you'd never hear him say that.

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a copy from Dan some time back. It is an excellent read, and he makes you feel like you were there with him during the whole project.

Buy this book!!

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote