One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
hey it was one of the fellas from 'your' side of the street 505

I`m happy all this crap has been sorted out for now

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote: Originally posted by Hokkaido: 10. Ultimately, I shoot more deer in a year than most will in a lifetime, take the top ten spots in SCI, and finally understand why people hate Americans. I really shouldn't get involved in this but the above statement opened the door for me, so I'll step in for a moment!

Mac...you may be right, and I will rephrase... I shoot more deer in a year than most American hunters will in a lifetime. That is true mac, however you want to crunch your numbers. I wouldn't count if I didn't have to, and I'm not bragging here. It's just a number to represent the amount of hunting I am able to take part in, you may like it to your post count here.

The reason many people dislike Americans is because of people like you who can't put three words together without at least one profane word, but usually a string of five or six references to something pertaining to homosexual activity in your case. You seem fixated on things homosexual. That seems to say volumes more about you, than the person you are trying to down grade! Sounds a little like this may be related to the "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL" policy for members of the armed forces. Roll Eyes

No mac, you are wrong. The reason is the way many of us hunt, compared to other places. If you get to know a guide or two from say Aus, NZ or Africa, you may get an inside view on their point of view and the way they hunt, unless of course, you're paying them. But if you could perhaps hear the campfire conversations after such hunters are gone, well, you might change your mind. And as far as being gay, well, after reading what you wrote... I see that this post has brought out the immaturity in all of us.

like the African hunting forum, where you simply have no background, if you would only learn from the people there who do know instead of stirring Crap stir with preconceived notions of things you simply have no experience with.

Mac... I thought with all 9000 of your posts you would know how to contradict yourself, but are you not the one who is, in fact, here on my thread stirring shit, instigating, and trolling ?? You have no business here as this is about hunting in Japan....But I guess it's best not screw with you as you must have been one hell of a toddler...feeding all those families. What a hero you were!

I'm afraid you have burned any bridge to civility you may have had here, and certainly on the African hunting forum! Too bad! Because with a little attitude adjustment you could have become a well read force for the exchange of ideas.

Mac.. I don't see the official "Dictator of who is liked and not" on this site, try as you might. I guess that is something you figure you earned with that exceptional post count. I suppose mine would be higher, except I find myself out in the woods a great deal of the time.

The only difference here is that I'm a fair bit more brash than you, I don't feel the need for words like "crap", "profane","homosexual" and the such.. You must forgive me for not being nearly as politically correct as yourself. But this is the one site where people seem to be allowed to speak freely. You may find something less offensive here.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
and the segregation continues, "your side of the street", "here on my thread stirring shit, instigating, and trolling ?? You have no business here as this is about hunting in Japan" And herein lies the problem. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SGraves155:
quote:
I'm 73 yrs old, and have been shooting deer since my first one at the age of six years! Of course this was not trophy hunting but meat hunting. Just during the five years of WWII I personally fed four families, totally, and a few others occasionally, on mostly deer meat because of meat rationing for the war effort.

Mac, although I agree with your opinion of Hokkaido, I have to take issue with the above. If you're 73 yo, you were likely born in 1937.
That would make you seven or eight years old when the war ended. You would have been 3 or so yo when the war started. So between ages 3 and 8 you were feeding 4 families with deer you shot?? Big Grin

I started to post you in a PM, but decided since THE ISSUE was posted publiclly,I will answer you in public!

The war began in Dec 1941 and ended at the tag end of 1945,

I was 4 yrs and 8 months old when the war started in Dec 1941 just after Pearl Harbor, and six years old in April of 1943, and I'd already been hunting on my own for a year with my grand father's .22 rolling block single shot, and my uncle's 410 double from the age of five. I got my own rifle at age six. Hell, till I was 10 yrs old I didn't know you were not supposed to use a .22LR for deer, or that there was a season on them at all. Everybody shot deer for meat with a .22 rifle. They just shot more during the war. We used up an average of one deer per week 52 weeks per year till almost 1947, and I shot most of them till work started coming back in our area. From a couple years later I took an average of 5 deer per year in Texas, and hunted three other states as well every year. In Louisiana alone You have a bag limit of a deer per day during the long season. From 1949-50 I'm sure I have well over 300 deer under my belt.

A Texas whitetail only yealded about 12-15 pounds of meat. There was a very short supply of jobs in the years after the war, so deer got the axe.

From the age of five I was bringing home doves quail and squirrel, wild turkeys and fish but only killed my first deer at age six.

The men in our family that weren’t killed were still held over in the occupation forces in Germany, and Japan till much later. We lived on my grandfather's Texas north hill country ranch and I continued to feed those families meat even after the war was officially over, I continued to furnish the meat, at the tune of about one deer per week, because the area where we lived there were no jobs for women, especially if they were hams-trung with small children, and no husbands as well, some permanently.

The men in my family were mostly in the 36Th division that was wiped out with only about 200 men left out of the whole division, and 90% of the men in the 36Th were from Texas. Of the ones in my family who did come back to the states only my father was unwounded but didn't come home till 1947. Two others were in VA hospitals, and couldn't work if that had come home, the rest died in that war. I was the oldest male of the kids on my grandfather's ranch, and I did the hunting, trapping and fishing.

This is the second time I have been called a liar on this subject, and it doesn't set well with me, However it is understandable for someone who wasn't even born till long after that very terrible time in the history of this country. I have zero idea of your age, but most here only know of the Second World War as something that happened only in the movies, and nobody has had to sacrifice at home the way people did in WWII since, so simply do not understand. In MY part of Texas four out of every ten men between the ages of 14, and 49 were lost on that damn war, and the state was very short handed for workers that could feed their families so the deer population was almost wiped out in Texas, and in some areas didn't even start a come back till the early to mid fifties.

............Take Issue???????? Because of that war, and others you are initialed to your opinion,but I don't think you were just taking issue, but actually calling me a liar,and though you sugercoated it some, it still rings the same. At least you have balls enough to express it to my face sort of,(at least on the internet) instead of behind my back.

What ever you believe, the fact is, what I said is true, and if anyone wants to not believe it that's fine it's their loss. It is understandable because most here never fired a firearm till they were in their teens, and most never took a head of big game till their 20s, and some not till their 40s. Texas ranch kids from the 1930s on through the 1950s most started hunting at very young ages. Not many were over 8 yrs old when they started. I would have thought Arkansas would have been much the same and anyone in their 70s have had much the same experience as me. Evidently not!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
and the segregation continues, "your side of the street", "here on my thread stirring shit, instigating, and trolling ?? You have no business here as this is about hunting in Japan" And herein lies the problem. Roll Eyes

505, you and Hokkaido are absolutely correct I have no back ground here on the Asian forum, and the only reason I came here at all is because of Hokkaido's trip to the African forum to start the same thing there as is happening here.

As far as being "politicly correct" How is talking to people and not calling them Co'k-su..ers being politicly correct. I don't do that simply because my parents didn't let me raise my self, but tought me some mannors.

Never the less, you two do have a point! I certainly do not belong here for the same reasons I do not go on the politcal forum. The fact is I have zero interest in hunting anything in Japan, so there is no down side to me not being welcome here. It is simply a cuss fight from begining to end!

...............SO I say to you fairwell wave

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Its about deer hunting in Japan ,originally this thread was that is and as a deer hunter I have EVERY right to include myself here.

Deer hunters of the world enjoy all things pertaining to deer and dont just sit back and read whitetail forums or red stag forums etc.

Its called a common interest btw.

I have only hunted four species of deer and thus looks like I will have to go back to NZ to hunt their Sika population there so I can actually speak here it seems. Unless H invites me over to Japan!

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its about deer hunting in Japan ,originally this thread was that is and as a deer hunter I have EVERY right to include myself here.

Deer hunters of the world enjoy all things pertaining to deer and dont just sit back and read whitetail forums or red stag forums etc

+1, But it is not anyone but Saeed's forum, same as the African, here is a decent one that came out of the mountains of Sonora last year, post one if you got it gryphon.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Go through my own posts yourself 505,do some searching and you will see that I haven't been taking it easy haha.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go through my own posts yourself 505,do some searching and you will see that I haven't been taking it easy haha.

really not that important to me, good luck in the future anyways. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Well thats more like it , would be a 30in model ?

Nice Muley !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
close, 29 inside, shot him right at dark the night before I left, thought he would go 190 until I got up to him and saw he was missing that left fork. Never put a tape on him but probably 185.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good looking deer there. No offense intended gibs, but what does a good Sonaoran hunt cost? A huge Mexican muley would be nice, I have of people being robbed as of late.

Here's a pic one of mine that went 31.5 outside with some neat devil tines. I kinda get into the odd stuff.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
none taken, nice muley, big for a 3x. As far as cost, if you know the right people, nothing Wink, If you don't it could run anywhere from $6k to $20k. There have gotten to be more and more high fence places that charge a premium for a certain size deer, kind of sad, but I guess if that s your thing Roll Eyes. I live and work not to far from the border and have watched the violence escalate over the past 4 years, I go to Sonora every year and have never worried. The guy that I hunt with is well connected and I guess that means something in Mexico. The place I hunt is unbelievable, It's Indian land (about 80k acres) right on the Sea of Cortez, lots of mountains and lots of deer (both of which are rare in the Desert).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by peterdk:
eric

fair enough, and please post more pictures because you do have a very special chance in a country, not many of us will get a chance to hunt, my brother is going to Osaka next week for a project, and he speaks highly of the country and the people there.

i think you said that you had a hastings PARADOX barrel on your shotgun, if so can you use rifled or semi rifled shotguns on your blue book, then you should look into the brithis shot and ball guns. amasing fun and good value for the money if you keep away from the big names, the one in my avatar is a hollis fully rifled shot and ball gun and it acts just like a double rifle.

best

peter

Yeah it's the made in france paradox barrel, but unfortunately I am limited to non-lead stuff. The fed sabots shoot great, but don't penetrate that great well at much over 100yards. I pretty much neck shoot everything.

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Hokkaido

As always when you post the photos of the wonderful Sika deer you hunt in Japan, they are enjoyable. Please keep posting the results of your Japanese deer seasons.

Do you hunt anything else there? Birds, waterfowl, boar, etc?

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as cost, if you know the right people, nothing Wink

LOL...... "free for those who can afford it and VERY expensive for those who cannot". Mexico and Japan obviously have that in common.

popcorn

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
crickets up in this mofo. hammering