Tools

Japanese bear attack!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
http://www.examiner.com/x-1635...nal-leaves-9-injured

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
WOW,

We have more bears up in Northern Maine than we have deer and I have never heard of a problem up here. This only happens where bears are not hunted and associate people with food instead of danger.

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
No one seemed in a rush to go to the aid of the first victim.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes they all stood there ! Bring you're akita with you , that was bred to hunt pigs and bear .At least they shot it .I watched a PBS program recently and a cattle eating grizzly was finally caught and tagged and released !!
When the rancher asked why they released it they said once caught and collared he would go away !! Roll Eyes The rancher finally gave up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks just like your typical bunch of Japanese tourists crowding a bear, in Banff National Park. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
The person being mugged should have given up their sashimi box lunch a mite quicker.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
That is a small / juvenile Bear - a sub-species of the Himalayan black bear. This animal is much more carnivorous and aggressive than the N.American black bear.

In the Himalayas they are know to kill horses, cattle, deer etc. attacks on humans are common in orchards.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote