THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Hunting Oppertunities in Papua New Guinea, The land of the head Hunters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Oppertunities in Papua New Guinea, The land of the head Hunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted
Hunting with the River People in Western Province, Papua New Guinea. I will be offering Guided Hunts next year 2016 for a month period during the July/August Molocun Rusa Deer Rut. I will post details for those interested later this year.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Spotted Whistler

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
This is my non official New IGFA World Record Black Bass. 47.4 lbs

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
]

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow way cool. How much for a hunt?

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, it truly is uncharted by the modern day sport hunter. At this stage approx 10k US dollars. This would include 2 stags, fishing, waterfowl and game birds. Very comfortable lodgings on a mothership.

one of us
posted Hide Post
beautiful stags. Congratulations.A true pioneer.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Thanks! sounds like a great adventure.
quote:
Originally posted by sforbsy:
Thanks, it truly is uncharted by the modern day sport hunter. At this stage approx 10k US dollars. This would include 2 stags, fishing, waterfowl and game birds. Very comfortable lodgings on a mothership.

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could you send me infos in this?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Sure thing Caracal, will PM.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chance to hunt pigs as well and if so are they feral or some of the asian species found elsewhere ? And what about buff ?
Will it only be July - Augusy trips or are there plans for other months in the future ?
Which game birds are we talking about ?
Will you take early bookings for 17 - and are there room for non-hunters ?
Must say that this type of hunting is what dreams are made off - good on you.

Posts: 91 | Location: Denmark, Hill Billy Westcoast | Registered: 18 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Hey Huntfish,
Native Asian Pigs and Water Buff are available, traveling into different regions would be required. Exploratory Recce trips are in the planning for early next year, Hunting endeavors will generally be limited to the dry season months of the year, approx. june - dec, our objective is to go live with a website and online bookings mid 2016. Game birds will be mostly ground dwelling forest species, Cassowary, Crowned Pigeon, Bush fowl varieties. A maximum booking would be 8-10 people, fisherman, birdwatchers and non hunters are welcome.
More information will progressively be posted as plans unfold.

One of Us
Picture of SGraves155
posted Hide Post
I am interest in deer/fishing/buff too. Please keep me informed. It is wonderful that someone is finally outfitting hunts in Papua--Thanks.

Steve
"He wins the most, who honour saves. Success is not the test." Ryan
"Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Stalin
Tanzania 06
Argentina08
Argentina
Australia06
Argentina 07
Namibia
Arnhemland10
Belize2011
Moz04
Moz 09

Posts: 8100 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Will do & Thanks for the interest Steve

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey mate are these the hunts Bryan Alexander was doing? I always wanted to get up there and chase those "pink" buffalo and pig. Interested in some more info for me and a mate cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bloody hell - are you allowed to shoot Cassowary ?
Don't let the Cecil fan club hear about that.
Interesting opportunity - please keep me posted once you're set up and taking bookings.

Posts: 460 | Location: New Zealand, Australia, Zambia | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Hey Zhaba, no relation to Bruce, l have however seen many red Buff up here in the N.T. I will keep this thread alive with updates.

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Ridgeman, Cassawary are considered above all a favorite traditional harvest. They are very difficult to hunt due to eye sight as you probably know, locals use crafty hunting methods similar to that of a tree stand or hide. Patience required.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very interested in seeing the photos of your trip. Are they working for others?

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't see pictures either.

Posts: 26 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
I will try remedy this, stay posted.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I wish I could see all the photos mate. Sounds amazing. Hunting salties ! Wow!

Wish you all the best & be safe!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can see the first few pictures now. Looks like an amazing experience!

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post