THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    "Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?"
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?" Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They live a long way away Jines, I've got to much to do then go visiting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Umm you did change it.

Initially it was your personal belief.

Now playing it’s all patriotic folks (notably you can be a patriot of another nation, Saeed is an Emirati patriot.

If your implication is only regarding the US, then my answer still stands.

The way you changed things also implies you are the standard of patriotism. While you served in time of war (and thank you for that) and I don’t doubt your patriotism, it’s rather galling to have you assume anyone who doesn’t agree with you is not patriotic, at least by your implication.

Perhaps initially I wrongfully believed that others shared my fear. Finding that's not the case was a good reason to change the title, plus the bad grammar.

It's not all patriotic folks. You are still trying to make it personal by claiming that I pretend that I'm the standard of patriotism. That's horseshit. There are lots, maybe most, people who think of themselves as patriots. Does thinking it make it so? I introduced the distinction between pseudo-patriots and other patriots. I don't need to be subjective about it. One way of objectively distinguishing is the conviction of crimes committed in the premise of patriotism. (1/6/21 and the convictions stemming from that event) Either the rule of law is corrupt, or the self-deemed patriotism is corrupt. Take your pick, as a patriot.

You can be galled all you want - it's your choice. But it's sad that you contort my intent and meanings to do so. It's silly to presume, as you have, that I assume that anyone who doesn't agree with me is not a patriot. I didn't say that nor imply that, certainly not by intent.

I take it that you do not agree with my premise that those convicted of crimes for their participation in the 1/6/21 insurrection attempt are pseudo-patriots.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote