THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    "Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?"
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?" Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I've harped on it many times.

The reason is because I think I understand it very - very well. I know what they want, and believe.

Read:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...45298f5b3b8b756e339e

Christian Nationalism's Popularity Should Be a Wake Up Call

1h ago

https://time.com/6214724/chris...reats-united-states/

3 Threats Christian Nationalism Poses to the United States

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
When an article starts off with (paraphrased): “When I was a boy in Indiana in the 1980s…I lived in perpetual fear of an atomic bomb.” Realize a nutcase wrote the article and don’t waste anymore time reading it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4daeEacIVI

Donald Trump’s Faith Advisor Leads Viral Sermon After Election Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXvTnNA71qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yoffm4OIn-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Pg4QI5H4M

Michael Flynn's testimony a 'shocking moment,' journalist says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdypIYfTU1U

A Glimpse Inside Michael Flynn’s Holy War | FRONTLINE + @AssociatedPress

Most of these people are in the same boat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXJ9OUco04

======================================

And always will be

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
When an article starts off with (paraphrased): “When I was a boy in Indiana in the 1980s…I lived in perpetual fear of an atomic bomb.” Realize a nutcase wrote the article and don’t waste anymore time reading it.

Since you took liberties with your take on it, I will too.

The article's first sentence:

When I was a boy In Indiana, I lived in perpetual fear.

Next sentence:

These were the 1980s and so that fear took predictable forms, including the threat of nuclear devastation at the hands of the Soviet Union.

Next paragraph continues the main theme, expanded:

"On Sundays, I huddled against the end of the hard wooden pews in my small Baptist church as the preacher sweated and begged God for Armageddon. The world had become too wicked. Too perverse. Satan had found an ally in Moscow and willing accomplices within the United States, including liberals, feminists, gays, and violent criminals who seemed to hide behind every corner. The Devil wasn’t an abstraction or a metaphor, but a malevolent being who could manifest in your living room. And his powers were immense and his influence omnipresent. Our sick culture’s movies, television shows, and music were demonic and designed to tempt us away from God."

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
My point is that any child who lived in fear in Indiana in the 1980s and considered a nuclear bomb threat in that time period as something to worry about…

…is a nut.

Why would you care what their opinion is on anything else? Confused

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you have a distraction and also a very good point.

IMO, you fail to discredit me or the author on this, with either way to look at it.

The main theme is Christian Nationalism, yesterday, today, and in the future.

But, I'll follow your rabbit hole:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...y#Historical_context

Final Words of the article:

"On the other hand, denial or avoidance of emotional distress and of activism may prevent recovery."

The article also says that Religion is one of the coping mechanisms. Go figure that one - trading one anxiety for another.

So, the nuke anxiety the author referred to is real.

The anxiety associated with Christian Nationalism -- all sides of it -- is real too.

There would not be such a thing as Christian Nationalism unless the true believers had anxiety.

XXX

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was a boy in the early sixties, during the Cuban crisis, and the threat of nuclear war was probably as significant as at any time since the end of WWII. Nonetheless. I my main concern was whether to fish the creek, the river, or the millpond, on any given day. None of my contemporaries seemed to dwell overmuch on it either.
Having said this, I kind of have to agree that the addition of religious radicalism, to any political system, is seldom a good thing. Nonetheless, I wouldn't say I was "scared" of it; just wary. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was like you - my main concerns were repairing my bike, where to fish and explore the woods, some sports, some girls, etc.

I certainly noticed the nuke thing, but my church experience were different.

The "scared" thing really didn't happen until later as an adult when I realized the implications in recent and today's context.

The power of it, the craziness of it.

Flynn is a prime example.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a fear of Christian nationalism that is the same as my fear of atheist nationalism. Both deserve the same level of attention, which is zero. What's the next media label to be terrified of, maybe carnivorial countyism?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the thing we all have to be most concerned with is radicalism in all forms. It doesn't matter whether it is religious or political; it is dangerous always. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
atheist nationalism

Hummm

Never heard of it. Learn something new?

I did a search, and IMO this was the best hit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism

State atheism

BTW, I haven't seen or heard of atheist zealots out there preaching nationalism lately, especially faith-based or spiritual-based nationalism. Did I miss that?

IMO, this is another rabbit hole, but inevitably I'll follow it anyway, for a while.

For those who intentionally lack distinctions, there is a difference in atheist and secular.

In my view atheists are like religious people in that they believe in something that can't be proven either way. Prove there is not God?

Anyway I'll go right to the source Wink

https://secularhumanism.org/20...5enBmlxoCKGEQAvD_BwE

The Power Worshippers

Note: this is from secularhumanism.org

==============================================

Oh, BTW, another thought:

Can anyone show a greater display of anxiety than shown in the videos I posted above of Paula White and Michael Flynn and other preachers? They practically exude anxiety and sweat, and their audience too.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's just call it what it is: you're never going to read any article critical of christian nationalism.

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
My point is that any child who lived in fear in Indiana in the 1980s and considered a nuclear bomb threat in that time period as something to worry about…

…is a nut.

Why would you care what their opinion is on anything else? Confused

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Umm, ME, your going on about religious folks is kind of what he is talking about.

As it is, I get that the folks who go on about wanting the rapture and basing their foreign policy goals on their interpretation of their religion are a bit kooky. While I find the television evangelists and the extreme members of some of the churches to be off, I think the bigger danger to society right now is the folks who think that society can fix things for the majority of people.

But I agree with Lane that anyone who bases their worldview on constant fear is not playing with a full deck, and should be discounted in public discourse. Yes, if you have enough of them in an area, they may get some measure of power... but most folks don't buy in to it. Don't want kooks like MTG to get into office? Quit electing folks like Omar or AOC. (Same goes for the right, don't want AOC? Quit voting for folks like Trump or MTG.) the fact that both sides react to what the other puts out so extremely is why we get these pendulum swings.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you something else of concern - to me.

Often it seems, when I am delving into a thought, "news" feed (or AI, or whatever) pops an article in my view to consider.

Timely?

GD algorithm?

Whatever - here it is:

(this is not an original thought for me, but it definitely fits into the theme here)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4b9599b16ecee86e4360

In Israel, India, and Elsewhere the Civilization State is Taking Over
Opinion by Bruno Maçães • 6h ago

Civilization State ???

(Excerpts from the article)

There is a powerful case for a civilization state, but the idea of civilization needs to be distinguished from national or ethnic identity. The latter is irrational and takes pride in accepting race or revelation as a basis for political power. It is defined by opposition to some other group against which you are pitted in existential struggle: It ends in bloodshed.

Civilization, by contrast, is an exercise in political reason, the effort to organize collective life around principles that express our fundamental relation to truth, to the world and to each other. The idea of organizing a state around a distinctive civilization is increasingly gaining ground around the world. It corresponds to the crisis of liberalism as a universal program of political and social life.

Liberal ideas, for all their intellectual appeal, derived their ultimate force from the unrivaled economic and military power of the countries – France, Britain and the United States – where they originated from the 18th century. That power is weakened today. End of history? Even the dogmas keep changing. Liberal ideas on race and gender, for example, have changed so much during my lifetime that they have become unrecognizable. A renewed competition with rival systems of thought and statecraft might not be such a bad idea if liberalism is no longer so sure about final truths.

Judaism and Hinduism, for example, have for thousands of years developed answers to fundamental political questions on freedom, justice and equality. It’s implausible that nothing on these matters can be learned from those traditions, or that we can only place our hopes for political salvation on Western values.

But these countries, will fail to become civilization states unless they are able to navigate between the liberalism they no longer accept on the one hand, and the ethnic or religious nationalism they feel tempted by on the other. The civilization state is a third type beyond both liberalism and nationalism.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I don’t wonder, I think you’re nuts. rotflmo

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just testing the waters to find out who herein is as nutz as I am. Wink

There are all sorts of nutz. IMO, some of the worst are those who dismiss anything challenging or a different way of thinking about something.

Dismissal of the powers and dangers of Christian Nationalism, IMO, is nutz.

Is it transitional to something Trump would approve?

Or is it something to lead to a better world?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...4b9599b16ecee86e4360

Big money marketing of Jesus

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I agree with Lane that anyone who bases their worldview on constant fear is not playing with a full deck, and should be discounted in public discourse.

Me too!

The people wanting power all always gonna make up a boogeyman.

Global cooling.
Global warming.
White supremecy
Christian nationalism

Mostly made up to keep lefties inline......isn't that odd?

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
But I agree with Lane that anyone who bases their worldview on constant fear is not playing with a full deck, and should be discounted in public discourse.

Me too!

The people wanting power all always gonna make up a boogeyman.

Global cooling.
Global warming.
White supremecy
Christian nationalism

Mostly made up to keep lefties inline......isn't that odd?

Instill fear, and they will come. Who was it that went bonkers (and many still do) when the government started fear mongering Covid? The left of course. They’d be lost without their leashes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think that the Christian Nationalist movement, and their worldview, is NOT based, deeply, in fear and anxiety??

Do you think that DJT didn't play, exploit, that?

Moreover, do you think his base didn't fall for it, and that's exactly his charm for them?

Is not Trump and Trumpism a leash, and a crutch?

Who thinks Trump didn't intuitively tap into something that was already there?

It's still there.

I see that many of you don't think it as a problem.

I could have started this thread with the title I Fear Your Fear, and denial.

What do you think is the basis for hate? Is it not fear and anxiety, then loathing? And much of it, in this case, is not based in evidence and facts.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I often wonder, why you are afraid of just about everything. Wink

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Do you think that the Christian Nationalist movement, and their worldview, is NOT based, deeply, in fear and anxiety??

Do you think that DJT didn't play, exploit, that?

Moreover, do you think his base didn't fall for it, and that's exactly his charm for them?

Is not Trump and Trumpism a leash, and a crutch?

Who thinks Trump didn't intuitively tap into something that was already there?

It's still there.

I see that many of you don't think it as a problem.

I could have started this thread with the title I Fear Your Fear, and denial.

What do you think is the basis for hate? Is it not fear and anxiety, then loathing? And much of it, in this case, is not based in evidence and facts.

The Christian Nationalist movement was created by the left, so you would have something else to be afraid of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:

The Christian Nationalist movement was created by the left, so you would have something else to be afraid of.

Unfuckinreal. I don't make this shit up. Perhaps you are projecting.

So all the vices of the right were created by the left?

Go ahead, reinforce my view.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wondered what Christian Nationalists call themselves, instead of whatever label the left puts on them.

There are many probabilities.

In their own words: How Americans describe ‘Christian nationalism’
OCTOBER 27, 2022

https://www.pewresearch.org/re...ristian-nationalism/

Here's an article from Christianitytoday:

https://www.christianitytoday....ian-nationalism.html

Here's part of it:

Is that really a problem, or just an abstract worry?

It is a serious problem. When nationalists go about constructing their nation, they have to define who is, and who is not, part of the nation. But there are always dissidents and minorities who do not or cannot conform to the nationalists’ preferred cultural template. In the absence of moral authority, nationalists can only establish themselves by force. Scholars are almost unanimous that nationalist governments tend to become authoritarian and oppressive in practice. For example, in past generations, to the extent that the United States had a quasi-established official religion of Protestantism, it did not respect true religious freedom. Worse, the United States and many individual states used Christianity as a prop to support slavery and segregation.

And here's another:

https://baptistnews.com/articl...QsoroVxoCBQkQAvD_BwE

Christian nationalism is a danger to our nation
OPINIONMARVIN MCMICKLE | AUGUST 10, 2022

XXX

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:

Unfuckinreal. I don't make this shit up. Perhaps you are projecting.

So all the vices of the right were created by the left?

Go ahead, reinforce my view.

You’re so deep into the rabbit hole of paranoia, that you can’t possibly escape. No need for me to reinforce anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're so deep into denial, or la la land, that you can't escape into daylight and reality.

Say something that shows you have a clue.

In part, aside from the Christian Nationalism, people like you who poo-poo it add to the concern.

I'm sure Lane really likes people like you, who either don't see what he and people like him are up to, or who thinks it's just fine - the way it ought to be.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I gotta love this one:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...461491d1735280053eb8

Jim Jordan's Fearmongering Question Prompts Withering 1-Word Reply From Stephen King
Story by Lee Moran • 17h ago

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) on Friday doubled down on his previous fearmongering over what freedoms “they” are apparently coming for next.

“First, they came for your guns. Then, your gas stoves. Then, your gas cars. What’s next?” he asked on Twitter.

Horror author Stephen King had a scathing single-word answer for the Ohio Republican.

“You,” the writer wrote.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Things I believe are real national threats:

Unsecured border, who knows what wmd is being ferried to America.
Foreign Entanglements, who knows what unintelligible turf war we can be talked into that includes wmds.
Energy and economic independence, why let the lights go off because of a Foreign Entanglement?
Domestic Decay, why aren't we replacing overdue to be bridges, highways, levees and dams as well as building new ones with American resources and labor? Force everyone to work in mills and mines, warehouses and factories, construction sites and corporations.

Fringe and radical elements like BLM, Christian Nationalists, antifa and vegans will always be around to so.e degree in our free society and are only as influential as they're allowed to be. I say give them no allowance.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably more right than he intends.

Jim Jordan is in office because the left has gone too far. That's not saying he isn't a kook, but the folks that King and the left have foisted on the rest of us made him look more reasonable than the alternative.

Piss poor choices are not an republican exclusive club, Mr. King.

quote:
I gotta love this one:

Jim Jordan's Fearmongering Question Prompts Withering 1-Word Reply From Stephen King

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) on Friday doubled down on his previous fearmongering over what freedoms “they” are apparently coming for next.

“First, they came for your guns. Then, your gas stoves. Then, your gas cars. What’s next?” he asked on Twitter.

Horror author Stephen King had a scathing single-word answer for the Ohio Republican.

“You,” the writer wrote.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Who in Sam Hill cares what Stephen King has to say? I like Jim Jordan.

quote:
I gotta love this one:

“You,” the writer wrote.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
Well, I don’t deny there are Christian Nationalists, but like Scott, I recognize that they are a small, fringe group. You’re the one that thinks it’s half the country, and will one day take over the world. I wonder if they’ll have time, you know, with global warming killing the planet in a few scant years? Or, maybe a REAL pandemic will kill us all? You’ve got lots to fear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Things I believe are real national threats:

Unsecured border, who knows what wmd is being ferried to America.
Foreign Entanglements, who knows what unintelligible turf war we can be talked into that includes wmds.
Energy and economic independence, why let the lights go off because of a Foreign Entanglement?
Domestic Decay, why aren't we replacing overdue to be bridges, highways, levees and dams as well as building new ones with American resources and labor? Force everyone to work in mills and mines, warehouses and factories, construction sites and corporations.

Fringe and radical elements like BLM, Christian Nationalists, antifa and vegans will always be around to so.e degree in our free society and are only as influential as they're allowed to be. I say give them no allowance.

That's exactly why they invent the other boogeymen....to keep the...uhm....simpler minds off the real issues they are creating!

I certainly agree on the "give them no allowance" tu2

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
More "Fringe" activism:

Trump calls for wild education overhaul by 'certifying' patriotic teachers and allowing parents to elect school principals
Story by Meaghan Ellis • Yesterday 1:46 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...44299ea7c1039f46b78d

"Our public schools have been taken over by the radical left maniacs," Trump said in the clip, as he went on to share his proposed plan.

"Here is my plan to save American education restore power to American parents," he began. "First, we will cut federal funding for any school or program pushing critical race theory, gender ideology, or other inappropriate racial, sexual, or political critical content onto our children. We're not going to allow it to happen. Next, I will direct the Department of Justice and Education to open civil rights investigations into any school district that has engaged in race-based discrimination."

In a new presidential campaign ad, Trump expressed a need for more "patriotic teachers" as he called for the termination of school faculty members he described as “radicals.” According to Trump, there should also be a “direct election” process for school principals. Under that election system, students’ parents would have the right to appoint principals.

=============================================

Oh, and BTW, are you a card-carrying certified patriot, YET? Or perhaps the chip just under your skin, or the tattoo, or all of the above?

============================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4ea69e0bf58919b8eeb4

Concerns over prayer breakfast lead Congress to take it over
Story by By GARY FIELDS, Associated Press • 1h ago

Earlier this month, the Freedom From Religion Foundation sent a letter signed by 30 groups to the White House and members of Congress asking them to boycott the event because of questions about the International Foundation.

The organization’s co-president, Annie Laurie Gaylor, said the foundation's basic concerns with the breakfast remain despite the split with the larger religious gathering.

“For decades, FFRF has protested the appearance of the National Prayer Breakfast being a quasi-governmental gathering, which pressures the president and Congress to put on a display of piety that sends a message that the United States is a Christian nation," she wrote.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

Fringe and radical elements like BLM, Christian Nationalists , antifa and vegans will always be around to so.e degree in our free society and are only as influential as they're allowed to be. I say give them no allowance.

Fringe??

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/01...through-the-supreme-

Some fear Christian nationalism is getting legal legitimacy through the Supreme Court
July 1, 20225:03 PM ET
Heard on All Things Considered

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2...threatens-democracy/

From the Fringe to the Mainstream: Christian Nationalism Threatens Democracy
FacebookTwitterPrint
By Bill Berkowitz | 5 November 2022

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...ism-politicians.html

The Far-Right Christian Quest for Power: ‘We Are Seeing Them Emboldened’
Political candidates on the fringe mix religious fervor with conspiracy theories, even calling for the end of the separation of church and state.

https://www.politico.com/news/...tian-nation-00057736

Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation
New polling shows the appeal — and limits — of a Christian nationalist message.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Scott,
I bet ME views you as a Christian Nationalist. I know he considers me one and our views on Christianity and the USA are pretty closely aligned.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm undecided about Scott, but I'm definitely decided about you.

So, tell me why you don't fit the definition of a Christian Nationalist?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a good article, IMO:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4ea69e0bf58919b8eeb4

Perspective: Countercultural joy — the paradox of Christian faith growing in trial
Story by Hanna Seariac • Yesterday 11:00 PM

I posted this quickly before finishing my thoughts on it, and before it was eclipsed.

First, I read the whole thing, and aside from being a psychiatrist's' dream, it has merit from a Christian perspective.

I think it's true to the experience of conversion for many. If it (the mental escape) gives them comfort/peace in a world or events of sorrow or grief, or anxiety - good. It's something that keeps on giving for a lifetime, and initially less expensive than a psychiatrist - they go away sooner or later.

The epilogue of the story:

"Conversion, then, not only produces the kind of joy that Elder Holland spoke about, but also has another mechanism that he mentioned — it is through conversion that we can be optimistic about the world and be leaders in global solutions. Like he said, believers can look at the world not just as it is, but as it ought to be. We can be lights of hope and catalysts for change even — and perhaps especially — when it’s difficult.

Global and personal tragedy will surely continue to strike. Perhaps one of the strongest and most countercultural calls that will be heard by the faithful is loving God and neighbor while having joy through it all."

As I said, I have no real problem with the article, the messages, and I understand it. So I certainly don't want to pick it apart. That would mean nothing.

Yet, there is one sentence that grabs me: "Like he said, believers can look at the world not just as it is, but as it ought to be."

Threin is the problem.

First of all, fundamentally, believers have their heads in a fantasy world, right off the top. So, translating that to look at the world as it is, really, is a great big leap for fantasy dwellers. And following cause and effect, deciding how the world ought to be is tainted from the get-go.

So, Christian Nationalists most definitely are on a mission, supposedly God ordained, to MAKE the USA if not the world into how it OUGHT to be.

First requisite, IMO, is to see the world as it is, in reality, sans all the conspiracy theories, liberal hate, and other made up shit.

===============================================

Who herein thinks these people, the subjects of this documentary, really see the world as it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdypIYfTU1U&t=2s

A Glimpse Inside Michael Flynn’s Holy War | FRONTLINE

================================================

Who herein thinks they will win and what the country will look like then?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott and Doc Butler, and others who somehow think this is fringe, not approaching mainstream, do you not recognize that Trump is still considered by many to be God's agent for Christian Nationalism?

And if he is replaced, it will be with another "agent", perhaps more effective.

Do you think Trump is fringe or mainstream?

Although his influence may be declining, the bulk of his base was Christians, and may still be.

Do you think for a minute that his messaging and rhetoric was not aimed directly at them?

Trump is still a viable candidate.

He is saying more and more the quiet part of Christian Nationalism, the stuff the believers won't say out loud, yet, until Trump legitimizes it. But all the undercurrent is there, with all the lies and conspiracy theories for loathing liberals, the culture war, for example.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4912b159132157e695f9

Trump's 2024 litmus test is worse than cruelty
5 hrs ago

First it's the patriot certification test, then the litmus test, and so forth, all God's plan.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm undecided about Scott, but I'm definitely decided about you.

So, tell me why you don't fit the definition of a Christian Nationalist?

I am who I am and am uncaring of your view of me.

But I will say:

1) I believe in the America/Americans first policy.
-The USA needs to put its citizens first
-The USA gvt needs to look after our interests first and foremost in world affairs.
-I believe that may qualify me as a Nationalist.

2) I am Christian
-I put the teachings of Jesus Christ above all of man’s law
-I consider my faith in deciding all decisions in my life.

Thus, you tell me what I am.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I know there are some who put everything in the lens of their religion, and yes, there are some who believe that God's hand directs everything, (the question to those is, if God directs everything, and controls all, isn't Biden every bit as much God's agent as Trump?) I don't think they are anywhere near the norm.

I don't think even 5% put the Jesus fish on their cars... let alone think of things in this manner. My experience is that this is indeed uncommon, ie fringe.

Trump was fringe (I think now, maybe not, maybe he's just manipulating those who do think this way, he's a grifter after all...), but was acceptable to the mainstream at the time because a combination of not being as in the public eye before running and we knew what the Democrats were foisting off was worse.

You have an issue with other's beliefs and are every bit as offensively demanding fealty to your interpretation as the "Jesus freaks" are, except they don't call you names about how stupid you are...

If you think Trump is still a viable candidate, wake up. If he is it is entirely because the other guy is so awful that people are willing to overlook his grifting, his behavior that the rules are for thee and not for me, and his absolutely childish unwillingness to accept accountability... Come to think of it, that sounds a lot like Joe also...

I don't think Trump is viable, but if you all keep going on that Joe doesn't have a problem and Trump is so much worse than Biden, you certainly have the ability to make him one again by not accepting reality.

Then there is this...

Yet, there is one sentence that grabs me: "Like he said, believers can look at the world not just as it is, but as it ought to be." Threin is the problem. First of all, fundamentally, believers have their heads in a fantasy world, right off the top. So, translating that to look at the world as it is, really, is a great big leap for fantasy dwellers. And following cause and effect, deciding how the world ought to be is tainted from the get-go. So, Christian Nationalists most definitely are on a mission, supposedly God ordained, to MAKE the USA if not the world into how it OUGHT to be. First requisite, IMO, is to see the world as it is, in reality, sans all the conspiracy theories, liberal hate, and other made up shit.

First off, its obviously written by a pseudo intellectual who acknowledges that it is a hate screed against the religious and prefixes it as being "incomplete" and "had to be written down before I forgot" and a Psychiatrist's dream"

Your last part is your mirror. That is why you are grabbed by it so much. Your, in your terms, alt-reality, your conspiracy theories, your anti conservative hate, and your made up shit.

I can work with what I have. I don't doubt that there are what you want to term christian nationalists around. There are some, not many, but some. I think they are kooky. Just not as kooky as the BLM/CRT proposing leftists. Your camp is what makes them tolerable as they are less offensive or problematic (to me) than the fringe left.

As to folks like Lane who look at their religious beliefs before making a decision... If their religious beliefs are the source of their morality, then I would certainly prefer they do that than look at it from a perspective of "what are you going to give me?"

quote:
Scott and Doc Butler, and others who somehow think this is fringe, not approaching mainstream, do you not recognize that Trump is still considered by many to be God's agent for Christian Nationalism?

And if he is replaced, it will be with another "agent", perhaps more effective.

Do you think Trump is fringe or mainstream?

Although his influence may be declining, the bulk of his base was Christians, and may still be.

Do you think for a minute that his messaging and rhetoric was not aimed directly at them?

Trump is still a viable candidate.

He is saying more and more the quiet part of Christian Nationalism, the stuff the believers won't say out loud, yet, until Trump legitimizes it. But all the undercurrent is there, with all the lies and conspiracy theories for loathing liberals, the culture war, for example.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4912b159132157e695f9

Trump's 2024 litmus test is worse than cruelty
5 hrs ago

First it's the patriot certification test, then the litmus test, and so forth, all God's plan.