THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    "Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?"
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Do patriots have reason to fear Christian nationalism?" Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
ME, I wonder if you realize that your views might just be, FRINGE views?

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Scott and Doc Butler, and others who somehow think this is fringe, not approaching mainstream, do you not recognize that Trump is still considered by many to be God's agent for Christian Nationalism?

And if he is replaced, it will be with another "agent", perhaps more effective.

Do you think Trump is fringe or mainstream?

Although his influence may be declining, the bulk of his base was Christians, and may still be.

Do you think for a minute that his messaging and rhetoric was not aimed directly at them?

Trump is still a viable candidate.

He is saying more and more the quiet part of Christian Nationalism, the stuff the believers won't say out loud, yet, until Trump legitimizes it. But all the undercurrent is there, with all the lies and conspiracy theories for loathing liberals, the culture war, for example.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4912b159132157e695f9

Trump's 2024 litmus test is worse than cruelty
5 hrs ago

=============================================

First it's the patriot certification test, then the litmus test, and so forth, all God's plan.

You use, "many" and "may", is "many" 5 or 500k? Is "may" will positively, probably, likely, not likely or the slimmest of possibly?

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Scott,
I bet ME views you as a Christian Nationalist. I know he considers me one and our views on Christianity and the USA are pretty closely aligned.

I'd prefer M.E. likes me, but short of cash payments, I think I have little influence over what he thinks of me.

I don't find that I have time for the political movements. Houses and kids and cars and snowmobiles, boats, dogs, guns, fishing gear, snow, firewood and other seem to take a lot of time. The only umbrage I can afford is the issuance of another chore.

I think this fall is gonna be big; a fly out moose hunt for three and a Nevada mule deer hunt. Beyond all that I don't see any time for rallies, meetings, secret societies or propaganda.

Posts: 9115 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pointblank:
ME, I wonder if you realize that your views might just be, FRINGE views?

BOOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
However, they are not fringe. I've shown plenty of evidence in support.

Frankly, I think neither side is fringe.

It's actually disturbing that many think this is fringe, and no big deal.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19732 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

You use, "many" and "may", is "many" 5 or 500k? Is "may" will positively, probably, likely, not likely or the slimmest of possibly?

I'm trying to make it as impersonal as I can, however I consider Lane the almost perfect example of a Christian Nationalist.

He has self-declared himself such with a multitude of posts in affirmation.

The C N have an agenda and have made it clear. I've shown how they go about it, and their agenda, and how even Christian orgs are opposed. The 1/6 event was a clue, and the same powers are still at it.

I can't even bring a horse to water, much less make him drink.

I'm just highlighting a national issue that is not fringe.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19732 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

I'm trying to make it as impersonal as I can, however I consider Lane the almost perfect example of a Christian Nationalist.

He has self-declared himself such with a multitude of posts in affirmation.

The C N have an agenda and have made it clear. I've shown how they go about it, and their agenda, and how even Christian orgs are opposed. The 1/6 event was a clue, and the same powers are still at it.

I can't even bring a horse to water, much less make him drink.

I'm just highlighting a national issue that is not fringe.

My point was your estimation of numbers and interest is to vague to assess. Is it fringe or isn't it? "Many" and "May" aren't quantifiable.

In order for any movement to have real authority it will have to have broad public support. Mussolini, Hitler and Mao had broad public support. I'm certain that Putin has or had broad public support. None of those examples, not a single one looked like the "Melting Pot" the United States is. Truthfully, I consider the USA a little to diverse an I suspect well evolve towards clans And fifedoms. Warlords and territories. Anyway, we ain't unified, United.

How fringe is it? If a movement took popular hold in the south east USA it certainly won't gain any traction in New England and what booger eating moron outside the Golden States border would ever join with them for any reason? Not me.

The hillbilly's will never partner with the black folks and the Hollywood Elite sure ain't gonna rub elbows with the rednecks.

You say "many" and that could mean dozens. You say "may" and that could mean when pigs fly. As I said, personally I have no time for it, there's chores to do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.npr.org/2022/07/11...on-american-politics

Christian Nationalism's Influence On American Politics
1A
July 11, 20224:55 PM ET

The Future of the Christian Right
By
Author
March 19, 2013

https://harvardpolitics.com/th...the-christian-right/

https://news.berkeley.edu/2022...at-to-u-s-democracy/

Crisis of faith: Christian nationalism and the threat to U.S. democracy

SEPTEMBER 20, 2022

https://theconversation.com/af...y-of-violence-188055

After Trump, Christian nationalist ideas are going mainstream – despite a history of violence

August 5, 2022

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nalism#United_States

Christian nationalism United States

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz-serp

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Three Christian Nationalists doing their thing:

‘You’re the Frickin’ Governor of Arizona!’ Steve Bannon Takes Election Denialism to Bonkers New Level in Wild Interview With Kari Lake
Story by Sarah Rumpf • Yesterday 4:34 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...423483b74ba9c93c13e3

================================================

Just for fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNK4bnwJDQM

Kari Lake and Pillow Guy give HUMILIATING interview

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some try to make out that the words "Christian" and "Nationalist" and "Patriot", etc. stand alone by definition. And they do have definitions without reference to the other.

So, I think it's a form of denial that when the words are combined, having different meanings, some just refuse to acknowledge.

This stuff carries a lot of associated collateral psycho baggage:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4f72b0b31202505b4245

Why the moral panic over "grooming" is so effective at manipulating the right-wing mind
Story by Matthew Rozsa • 8h ago

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4e86a4896872deaa0456

Trump-aligned religious group 'taps into unholy well' that threatens democracy
Story by Travis Gettys • 6h ago

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How someone gets their positions is personal.

Frankly, you keep posting this same type of screed and don’t seem to get that almost no one agrees with you.

You quote sources that are making a buck saying this stuff, and that qualify as agitprop.

Is there such a thing as a Christian nationalist? Sure. Are there many? Well, I don’t think so in the sense of they will win elections by appealing to it. It’s definitely a minority view.

It certainly isn’t any more harmful than the left wing conspiracies that go on.

Go ahead and label something alt reality… reality doesn’t care what you label it, and look in the mirror. You are describing the group you support to a T, just attributing it to the other side.

Personally, I find the Christian Nationalists annoying and simplistic, but their views are no less kooky than the one worlders and probably less damaging long term.

If I get to pick and choose which viewpoints are “allowed” to be held, then I become a dictator. I only have control of myself, and thus I don’t get to damning any particular world view until it directly negatively impacts me. For instance, I think you are full of it, and not based in logic and proof… but you have a right to believe what you want, and a right to say what you want. I’m in no way advocating for your view to be censored. Too bad you don’t see it that way, yourself.

You are actively trying to demonize Dr. Easter here by labeling him with condemning loaded terms. I think I’ve stated enough to show that I don’t fully agree with him…

His statements are certainly less philosophically offensive. While he may disagree, he hasn’t tried to use loaded language to silence dissenting views, which seems to be more a province of the left.

Posts: 10627 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You quote sources that are making a buck saying this stuff, and that qualify as agitprop.

I think DJT made a few bucks off this stuff.

What's in it for these people and donors?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/life...=winp2fptaskbarhover

Group 'linked to staunchly conservative causes' will run Super Bowl ads to 'redeem Jesus' brand'

===============================================

quote:
You are actively trying to demonize Dr. Easter here by labeling him with condemning loaded terms.

I don't believe in demons or the demonic.

What I'm doing is pointing out the reality of Christian Nationalism.

If you deem the attributes of Christian Nationalism demonic, that's your call.

I just say what it is, by their very own declarations and actions. There is no need for embellishment or labels. They say it all themselves.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Trump made some money off of it. Quite a bit, actually. Appears that the Christian Nationalists are a pretty easy mark, no?

Demonize in the colloquial sense. To emotionally condemn without valid logical reason. To try and condemn by an appeal to emotion.

You labeled him with a emotionally loaded term.

Posts: 10627 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To emotionally condemn without valid logical reason. To try and condemn by an appeal to emotion.

You labeled him with a emotionally loaded term.

I'll start with the last sentence.

I don't know what term that was, but I'll be more careful now on. I don't like that either. If I'm guilty - sorry about that.

This whole Christian Nationalist movement is in large part based on emotion.

As to condemnation - well, maybe. I think it's bad, to use a nice word which may not push you buttons so much. Wink

"Without valid logical reason"? I take exception to that. In essence that's what I'm bitching about with you and others.

So, please (nice word) show me what info (vs opinion) I have posted through links or otherwise, that is invalid, illogical and lacks reason, insofar as the definition of Christian Nationalism, their self-declared mission and goals, and their worldview.

Don't just say-so; show me. That's what I've been trying to do.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Disprove a negative?

How does that work? Debate 101.

You have called Dr. Easter a Christian Nationalist above.

Your above points have not addressed how many there are- just “many” and stated that those of us who admit they exist but feel their numbers are insignificant are incorrect.

When I get to a real computer I will try and respond better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dismissal 101.

I ask for anyone to show me that my premise is not correct. Start by showing that the evidence that I have presented is flawed.

Dr Easter is a Christian Nationalist. His stand and support for Christian Nationalist movement is consistent.

I don't necessarily mean that in an accusatory way. He has self-declared.

At the very basics of it, he is a Christian and a Nationalist. The two concepts, worldview, are inseparable for him. He tried to separate it in another thread, and it's a farce.

He has supported conflation of church and state and said that it should be declared that this is a Christian Nation, and thus supported by Govt, laws and culture. He has openly stated that he supports Christian Nationalist causes, and the agent DJT. And, he has demonized liberals.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
ME,
You are a Nationalist as is every citizen of the USA here (reference my Nationalist thread — you nor no one denounced). Do you not exhibit loyalty and devotion to the USA?

Yes…I am not afraid to say I love my country, am loyal and devoted to it, and believe America should look out for Americas best interest and Americans first. What about you?

I am a Christian. I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. As referenced from my other thread…Jesus was purely good…no one could find fault. Aspiring to follow his teachings can be nothing but good as he taught nothing but good. Jesus was pure…man will never be…but we must try.

So yes I am a Christian and I am also your fellow Nationalist. You make of the rest of it as you will. I am comfortable in my skin and know my destiny. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you approve or support what Michael Flynn is doing?

Why or why not?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, so some of your sources...

Mediaite- the source of your Steve Bannon quotation-

Mediaite is owned by Abrams Media and generates revenue primarily through advertising. Analysis / Bias In review, Mediaite reports news with a left-leaning bias through both story selection and wording such as this, Trump Fumes After Watching MSNBC, Takes Aim at Parent Company: ‘Such Lies’ and Trump’s Bizarre Statement About the Moon and Mars Rockets Across Twitter .

As to a definition of Christian Nationalism, here is a Pew research article about it. Suffice it to say its a very broad category with no real agreement as to what it means.

https://www.pewresearch.org/re...ristian-nationalism/

Dr. Easter is not at all upset by defining his views in the abstract as both christian and nationalist.

However, the term is admittedly by almost all of the sites you commented on as being a pejorative term and viewed negatively.

I would ask Lane if he believes in:

1. The US is a christian only country, and all others should have no say in governance (which is a rather hard line view of christian nationalism- in effect trying to turn us into a christian version of Iran...

or 2. (as is more stated by the Pew article) The US is a nation that embraces traditional christian moral values?

He has said that he thinks that the US should look out for the US (which is not a strictly christian outlook, but is nationalistic) and that he looks to his religion (ie his moral guidance) to make a decision on what he should do in life.

Your hokey " I ask for anyone to show me that my premise is not correct. Start by showing that the evidence that I have presented is flawed. Dr Easter is a Christian Nationalist. His stand and support for Christian Nationalist movement is consistent. I don't necessarily mean that in an accusatory way. He has self-declared. At the very basics of it, he is a Christian and a Nationalist. The two concepts, worldview, are inseparable for him. He tried to separate it in another thread, and it's a farce. He has supported conflation of church and state and said that it should be declared that this is a Christian Nation, and thus supported by Govt, laws and culture. He has openly stated that he supports Christian Nationalist causes, and the agent DJT. And, he has demonized liberals.

shows very clearly that you are trying to appeal to emotion, and not a more factual analysis.

(I also thought you didn't beleive in demonization because you don't believe in the devil- I don't believe in demons or the demonic.

And no, you keep bringing up left wing agitprop to support your views.

I just say what it is, by their very own declarations and actions. There is no need for embellishment or labels. They say it all themselves.

I am not a Christian Nationalist. I have no interest in having my religion and my government conflated, if for no other reason that the standard of God is perfection, and no one can meet it.

I have no issues with a Muslim using his faith to guide his morality, but I would expect him to only use what he finds moral AND reasonable in government... same as I expect out of Christians, and, for that matter, agnostics. I find it very problematic for someone to claim that their source of morality is superior to anyone else's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots of BS in your post, and aside the point.

So, my sources are left, and perhaps bias.

Facts and evidence speak for themselves. What facts and evidence are misrepresented in drawing the conclusions reached by the sources I posted?

Pick the most reliable ones, like PBS.

"I find it very problematic for someone to claim that their source of morality is superior to anyone else's."

We agree on that, especially when they want to nationalize it. And most especially when they demonize "them".

Christian Nationalism is fairly easy to define. You just don't want it easy.

The term is not necessarily pejorative.

If you can define "Christian" and define "Nationalism", then you can define Christian Nationalism.

It then becomes defining how radical they take it by defining the agenda, which they do and declare themselves. It's not difficult. Just take their own words for it.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why are they selling Jesus?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...43a09bc9fe206b1a3c6c

Mysterious donors are paying millions to run commercials for Jesus during the Super Bowl
Story by Chris Morris • Yesterday 12:04 PM

And this is right out of Steve Bannon's playbook, quash the deep state written all over it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4a51a5973b3207e9d998

Conservative Groups Are Building An Army Of Personnel To Take Over The Government
Story by James Lynch • Yesterday 5:38 PM

Be certain that the Christian Nationalist agenda is all over this:

(excerpt):

Chretien writes. “More and more of our politicians are willing to use the government to achieve our vision, because the neutrality of ‘keeping the government out of it’ will lose every time to the left’s vast power.”

Reactionary to the left???

(more excerpt):

Project 2025 is creating a detailed policy book, online personnel database, interactive training sessions and a day one implementation plan for conservatives to govern effectively. More than 350 leading conservatives have contributed to the policy book, which “outlines a vision of conservative success at each federal agency during the next administration,” Chretien detailed.

The second initiative, a “conservative LinkedIn” will launch in March and give conservatives an opportunity to contend for government roles.

Project 2025’s third proposal is a “Presidential Administration Academy” designed to “turn future conservative political appointees into experts in governmental effectiveness.” A deep knowledge of how to use power will prevent career federal bureaucrats from “tripping us up,” Chretien believes.

The final pillar of Project 2025’s vision is a plan to turn detailed policy ideas into “an implementation plan for each agency to advocate to the incoming administration” and effectively use the government to solve problems. It will ensure the next conservative administration is ready to counteract the “permanent political class” in two years, Chretien says in the editorial.

======================================

Good and effective governance is generally desirable, but that's not what they are talking about. They are talking about weaponizing government for effect, for the agenda, which in part is the furtherance of Christian Nationalism, gutting environmental protections, etc. To understand this, look at Steve Bannon's messaging re the deep state, etc. They want it to seem innocuous, using words like good governance, effectiveness, using power, implementation, solve problems, counteract, etc.

Be certain that it's all part of the far-right agenda. Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn and many others say it loud a clear.

Propaganda - selling Jesus - is all part of it.

https://www.thenation.com/arti...ve-bannon-january-6/

Steve Bannon’s Endgame
Despite facing legal defeats, Trump’s former adviser is scheming Trump’s return—and Trump’s revenge.

Bannon knew what was coming on the eve of President Donald Trump’s violent coup attempt. And he knows what’s coming now as he promotes a “populist revolt” that he predicts will see an army of partisans flooding polling places this November to usher in a new era of right-wing extremism.

Reveling in the details of a recent Axios report on how Trumpers “are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his ‘America First’ ideology,” Bannon is issuing new calls to action.

He wants people “stepping forward and say[ing], ‘Hey, I want to be one of those 4,000 shock troops,’” he said on his popular podcast, Bannon’s War Room.

If Republicans take charge of Congress and statehouses this fall, they will follow a playbook outlined by Bannon and promoted by Trump. Bannon is already talking about impeaching Joe Biden and investigating the members of the January 6 committee. Last December on his podcast, he announced, “We’re going to hit the beach with the landing teams and the beachhead teams, and all that nomenclature they use, when President Trump wins in 2024—or before.”

The “or before” is an ominous reminder that Bannon is no newcomer to authoritarian politics. The extraordinary hearings of the January 6 committee confirmed that Bannon continues to serve as Trump’s savviest—and most Machiavellian—coconspirator.

But Bannon didn’t disappear from Trump’s orbit. He decamped to Europe and joined far-right partisans in building the infrastructure for the “global populist movement,” hailed Hungary’s Viktor Orbán as “the most significant guy on the scene right now,” and sought to establish a “gladiator school for culture warriors” in a former Italian monastery. Back home, he allegedly sought to defraud Trump supporters who wanted to help pay for the president’s border wall.

But the side hustles were just distractions from the real project: remaking the United States as an “America First” enclave where racism and xenophobia are normalized and where Trump and his minions utilize the authoritarian power of government to punish their enemies and reward themselves.

When pundits talk about the 2022 and 2024 elections, they need to recognize—as Bannon does—that the results will determine whether an already battered republic will be handed over to the far-right political project of Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

============================================

https://www.theatlantic.com/ma...cracy-threat/638443/

AMERICAN RASPUTIN
Steve Bannon is still scheming.

===========================================

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...nationalist-movement

Army of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdypIYfTU1U

weaponizing prayer

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you approve or support what Michael Flynn is doing?

Why or why not?

I don’t even know what he is doing or keep up with him since his saga of being railroaded by government ended.

So the answer is I am not informed enough (not at all) on present day Michael Flynn to form an opinion.

I am sure you have probably posted links but I didn’t read them. I am uninterested.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
He has supported conflation of church and state and said that it should be declared that this is a Christian Nation, and thus supported by Govt, laws and culture.

And just for the record…this quote from you about me is inaccurate. But then again being inaccurate is kind of your Hallmark. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for the record:

quote:
quote:
He has supported conflation of church and state and said that it should be declared that this is a Christian Nation, and thus supported by Govt, laws and culture.

And just for the record…this quote from you about me is inaccurate.

I think my Statement is accurate.

There are many of your posts affirming.

Your position on freedom of religion vs freedom from religion. Your discussions about this being a Christian Nation. Your discussions about SCOTUS, abortion, judicial activism, persecutions, all culture war stuff, and especially your posts sharing your views about liberalism. (I think you used the word evil a time or two)

It's time consuming to go back and review your posts and find exact examples.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just for the record:

quote:
quote:

And just for the record…this quote from you about me is inaccurate.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, I can recognize a typo, so I fixed my quote and response. I certainly don't want to mislead by exploiting a typo.

BTW, now is a good opportunity, for the record, to set me/us straight on your views/position on the high-point aspects of the big issues I mentioned above.

Try to be concise, please.

For example:

1. Conflation of church and state

2. Declaration of Christian Nation (by whom)

3. laws - the rule of law - the constitution - are they secular or not?

And other Pontification as you wish. (Such as the evils of liberal democracy)

You have the podium, Sir.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
When I get a few minutes to do it properly…I will indulge.

Albeit not sure why. killpc

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
in·dulge

verb
allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
…indulge you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin likewise

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, I can recognize a typo, so I fixed my quote and response. I certainly don't want to mislead by exploiting a typo.

BTW, now is a good opportunity, for the record, to set me/us straight on your views/position on the high-point aspects of the big issues I mentioned above.

Try to be concise, please.

For example:

1. Conflation of church and state

I have never stated that I want church and state to merge. I believe in “freedom of religion.” Rather, I prefer a more Libertarian stance on religion as it pertains to fed law — stay the hell out of it all together. If local communities want religion to exist within schools and local law enforcement, don’t try to stop it…stay out of it. The Constitution provides for “freedom of religion” NOT “freedom from religion.” If Gainesville, Texas wants to have a tablet of the 10-Commandments in it courthouse — so be it. If Gainesville ISD wants it’s principle to read a prayer over the intercom…stay away from it. Let local communities decide their civil liberties for themselves.

2. Declaration of Christian Nation (by whom)

The USA is a predominantly Christian nation and the USA was founded in Judeo-Christian principles — facts. I never stated I wanted a declaration of the nation as a Christian nation.

3. laws - the rule of law - the constitution - are they secular or not?

The Constitution and our laws are secular in the general definition of secular. That does not mean the Founders ‘intended’ that all religious beliefs be checked at the door of discussion and writing of law. Our laws must have a secular nature as the country is founded with the principle of freedom of religion and thus must be able to be enforced on man of any religion and not punish one religion with rules from another. I believe the Founders intended the Constitution and subsequent laws be generic — a better descriptor. The Founders themselves were faithful and never envisioned a society where God would be shunned.

And other Pontification as you wish. (Such as the evils of liberal democracy)

It is simple. Liberalism provided by the Democratic Party provides the stage upon which satan dances. They are enablers.

You have the podium, Sir.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The polices you advocate merger the state and church (your view of it) from:

School prayer,
Discrimination permitted in the public sphere,
Marriage,
and
Abortion.

More importantly, the political movement you support end are part of is pushing that goal.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lane, for the confirming my assertions and concerns for the future of the Nation.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aside from this commentator being liberal and bias and probably selling something, look and listen to what Steve Bannon is saying.

And look at the crosses and picture of Jesus on the mantle behind Bannon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35CKoF7FtA

Convicted Steve Bannon Calls on "Shock Troops" to "Deconstruct" Government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_troops
Shock troops

Shock troops or assault troops are formations created to lead an attack. They are often better trained and equipped than other infantry

"Shock troop" is a calque, a loose translation of the German word Stoßtrupp.

Connecting the dots:

quote:
Why are they selling Jesus?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...43a09bc9fe206b1a3c6c

Mysterious donors are paying millions to run commercials for Jesus during the Super Bowl
Story by Chris Morris • Yesterday 12:04 PM

And this is right out of Steve Bannon's playbook, quash the deep state written all over it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4a51a5973b3207e9d998

Conservative Groups Are Building An Army Of Personnel To Take Over The Government
Story by James Lynch • Yesterday 5:38 PM

Be certain that the Christian Nationalist agenda is all over this:

(excerpt):

Chretien writes. “More and more of our politicians are willing to use the government to achieve our vision, because the neutrality of ‘keeping the government out of it’ will lose every time to the left’s vast power.”

Reactionary to the left???

(more excerpt):

Project 2025 is creating a detailed policy book, online personnel database, interactive training sessions and a day one implementation plan for conservatives to govern effectively. More than 350 leading conservatives have contributed to the policy book, which “outlines a vision of conservative success at each federal agency during the next administration,” Chretien detailed.

The second initiative, a “conservative LinkedIn” will launch in March and give conservatives an opportunity to contend for government roles.

Project 2025’s third proposal is a “Presidential Administration Academy” designed to “turn future conservative political appointees into experts in governmental effectiveness.” A deep knowledge of how to use power will prevent career federal bureaucrats from “tripping us up,” Chretien believes.

The final pillar of Project 2025’s vision is a plan to turn detailed policy ideas into “an implementation plan for each agency to advocate to the incoming administration” and effectively use the government to solve problems. It will ensure the next conservative administration is ready to counteract the “permanent political class” in two years, Chretien says in the editorial.

======================================

Good and effective governance is generally desirable, but that's not what they are talking about. They are talking about weaponizing government for effect, for the agenda, which in part is the furtherance of Christian Nationalism, gutting environmental protections, etc. To understand this, look at Steve Bannon's messaging re the deep state, etc. They want it to seem innocuous, using words like good governance, effectiveness, using power, implementation, solve problems, counteract, etc.

Be certain that it's all part of the far-right agenda. Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn and many others say it loud a clear.

Propaganda - selling Jesus - is all part of it.

https://www.thenation.com/arti...ve-bannon-january-6/

Steve Bannon’s Endgame
Despite facing legal defeats, Trump’s former adviser is scheming Trump’s return—and Trump’s revenge.

Bannon knew what was coming on the eve of President Donald Trump’s violent coup attempt. And he knows what’s coming now as he promotes a “populist revolt” that he predicts will see an army of partisans flooding polling places this November to usher in a new era of right-wing extremism.

Reveling in the details of a recent Axios report on how Trumpers “are preparing to radically reshape the federal government if he is re-elected, purging potentially thousands of civil servants and filling career posts with loyalists to him and his ‘America First’ ideology,” Bannon is issuing new calls to action.

He wants people “stepping forward and say[ing], ‘Hey, I want to be one of those 4,000 shock troops,’” he said on his popular podcast, Bannon’s War Room.

If Republicans take charge of Congress and statehouses this fall, they will follow a playbook outlined by Bannon and promoted by Trump. Bannon is already talking about impeaching Joe Biden and investigating the members of the January 6 committee. Last December on his podcast, he announced, “We’re going to hit the beach with the landing teams and the beachhead teams, and all that nomenclature they use, when President Trump wins in 2024—or before.”

The “or before” is an ominous reminder that Bannon is no newcomer to authoritarian politics. The extraordinary hearings of the January 6 committee confirmed that Bannon continues to serve as Trump’s savviest—and most Machiavellian—coconspirator.

But Bannon didn’t disappear from Trump’s orbit. He decamped to Europe and joined far-right partisans in building the infrastructure for the “global populist movement,” hailed Hungary’s Viktor Orbán as “the most significant guy on the scene right now,” and sought to establish a “gladiator school for culture warriors” in a former Italian monastery. Back home, he allegedly sought to defraud Trump supporters who wanted to help pay for the president’s border wall.

But the side hustles were just distractions from the real project: remaking the United States as an “America First” enclave where racism and xenophobia are normalized and where Trump and his minions utilize the authoritarian power of government to punish their enemies and reward themselves.

When pundits talk about the 2022 and 2024 elections, they need to recognize—as Bannon does—that the results will determine whether an already battered republic will be handed over to the far-right political project of Donald Trump and Steve Bannon.

============================================

https://www.theatlantic.com/ma...cracy-threat/638443/

AMERICAN RASPUTIN
Steve Bannon is still scheming.

===========================================

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/p...nationalist-movement

Army of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdypIYfTU1U

weaponizing prayer

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not being up on my various belief sects...
Are Mormons part of the Christian nationalists? I realize they are a different tribe, but are they included in this discussion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What if Jesus was an Original liberal?

https://baptistnews.com/articl...political-landscape/

Conservative or liberal? Jesus widens our political landscape

Baptist News Global MAY 17, 2022

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What if Jesus had dark skin, NOT, for example as depicted on the mantel behind Steve Bannon, and not the common picture of a white person?

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz-serp

https://www.christianitytoday....n-color-matters.html

Why Jesus’ Skin Color Matters

Christianity Today

While Christ the Lord transcends skin color and racial divisions, white Jesus has real consequences. In all likelihood, if you close your eyes and picture Jesus, you’ll imagine a white man. Without conscious intention or awareness, many of us have become disciples of a white Jesus. Not only is white Jesus inaccurate, he also can inhibit our ability to honor the image of God in people who aren’t white.

Jesus of Nazareth likely had a darker complexion than we imagine, not unlike the olive skin common among Middle Easterners today. Princeton biblical scholar James Charlesworth goes so far as to say Jesus was “most likely dark brown and sun-tanned.” The earliest depictions of an adult Jesus showed him with an “Oriental cast” and a brown complexion. But by the sixth century, some Byzantine artists started picturing Jesus with white skin, a beard, and hair parted down the middle. This image became the standard.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not an article Kabob, I dont care about that.
As there are similarities ( to me), do YOU lump them together? If not, why not?