Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Trump is an idiot, Border walls don't work" Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are visas available for those trafficked here in for sex slavery and domestic servitude.

I would apply those visa laws and not send those folks back.

They cannot help they were human trafficked here for a 21st century form of slavery.

Otherwise, I generally agree pass a law w a date certain you are deported when caught entering at the border. I guess the person could claim citizenship, and still require an administrative hearing.

The problem is unless you a dress Mexico as a host nation, they will just come right back.

I would break Mexico with trade sanctions and deny Mexico any legal migration, or travel until they work w us to stop this.

That would be an unpopular option.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
There are visas available for those trafficked here in for sex slavery and domestic servitude.

I would apply those visa laws and not send those folks back.

They cannot help they were human trafficked here for a 21st century form of slavery.

Otherwise, I generally agree pass a law w a date certain you are deported when caught entering at the border. I guess the person could claim citizenship, and still require an administrative hearing.

The problem is unless you a dress Mexico as a host nation, they will just come right back.

I would secure the border with force — military force. It can be done.

I would break Mexico with trade sanctions and deny Mexico any legal migration, or travel until they work w us to stop this.

But I could roll with this option as well.

That would be an unpopular option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are not going to have the votes to declare war and invade Mexico. That is not a serious proposition.

I doubt I could get the sanctions on trade and travel through Congress and the body politic.

However, I see it as the best viable option to address Mexico, and would try. If it lost the debate, then it lost the debate. At least, I would have genuinely provided a legislative solution. That is all Congress can do. It is the only way to tie the hands of the Executive.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Mexico could stop migration in their southern border but they simply refuse
There is ways to stop it besides wall as Lane said, don’t let Mexicans in and other idea is to stop money transfers to Mexico as that would get their attention
Military on border as well, good training
For anyone normal, this invasion cannot be sustained

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
There is ways to stop it besides wall as Lane said, don’t let Mexicans in and other idea is to stop money transfers to Mexico as that would get their attention

So Mexico can do what we cannot?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

They can try
And this invasion could’ve been prevented if politicians wanted to but it has become a political football of both parties and that is very unfortunate

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

They can try
And this invasion could’ve been prevented if politicians wanted to but it has become a political football of both parties and that is very unfortunate

Why is it Mexico's responsibility when we won't take even the simplest steps to remove the incentive for the people to come and simply enforce existing Law that makes it a crime to employ undocumented workers?

How many CEOs at corporations like Perdue and Tyson and ConAgra would we have to send to prison before the jobs simply dried up?

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pull all of Mexico's aid, see if they find a way then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

Anything to avoid enforcing the Law, huh?

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

They can try

Why is it Mexico's responsibility when we won't take even the simplest steps to remove the incentive for the people to come and simply enforce existing Law that makes it a crime to employ undocumented workers?

How many CEOs at corporations like Perdue and Tyson and ConAgra would we have to send to prison before the jobs simply dried up?

I do agree with you on all this

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

Anything to avoid enforcing the Law, huh?

I'm ready! Lets enforce the law. Your boy sloe Joe refuses to do just that!

Illegal immigration has EXPLODED under his administration.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fence didn't do Israelis much good today...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Fence didn't do Israelis much good today...

what part of "us" verses "them" as defined by a wall was unclear?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truth is that Americans in many ways, from agriculture to construction and the service industries rely heavily on foreign labor. The only really effective cure would be to stop as much of that as possible by jailing those who hire them, and put out enough visas to to satisfy the justifiable economic need for them. It's not a Mexican problem, it's an American problem just like the drug trade. This country is as addicted to cheap , willing laborers as the country is to drugs.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Is there some part of the word "limit" that you don't get? "Limit" is not a suggestion.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The truth is that Americans in many ways, from agriculture to construction and the service industries rely heavily on foreign labor. The only really effective cure would be to stop as much of that as possible by jailing those who hire them, and put out enough visas to to satisfy the justifiable economic need for them. It's not a Mexican problem, it's an American problem just like the drug trade. This country is as addicted to cheap , willing laborers as the country is to drugs.

This, of course, is the solution that everyone involved recognizes would immediately reduce the immigration problem. No jobs, no immigrants. But, it means that instead of arresting and deporting immigrants, law enforcement would have to arrest the republicans who own the businesses that employ the immigrants. Not going to happen.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend has a business that makes things. Actual things to load onto a truck and ship.
Local kids don't want the jobs, he mostly hires legal immigrants who do.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

This, of course, is the solution that everyone involved recognizes would immediately reduce the immigration problem. No jobs, no immigrants. But, it means that instead of arresting and deporting immigrants, law enforcement would have to arrest the republicans who own the businesses that employ the immigrants. Not going to happen.

So only Republican businesses hire illegals. Care to provide proof/ data? coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suppose in Texas, given it’s predominately Republican, that more republicans hire illegals there when compared to democrats.

Of course it’s the opposite in California. Given that CA is a larger state, that would tend to push it the other way…

Who predominates in business? I kind of doubt either party does.

However, an east coast elitist president is electing to ignore the concerns of a region, and with the expected consequences.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Texas is roughly 51/49% in terms of voters - I went on about this, at length, attempting to educate a fellow poster on the realities of this situation - With the Majority of Texans living in the Texas Triangle, and most highly populated counties (Harris, Bexar, Travis, Dallas, and Tarrant) being solidly BLUE, this "assumption" would be false -

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Texas is roughly 51/49% in terms of voters - I went on about this, at length, attempting to educate a fellow poster on the realities of this situation - With the Majority of Texans living in the Texas Triangle, and most highly populated counties (Harris, Bexar, Travis, Dallas, and Tarrant) being solidly BLUE, this "assumption" would be false -

Presumably a preponderance of construction takes place within this area and a preponderance of agriculture outside it.

I'm not in favor of locking up Republican employers of undocumented workers, for it to discourage illegal immigration you need to get them all.

That the entire burden of the law-breaking falls on the immigrant is obscene.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Texas Triangle

It's pretty apparent

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

So only Republican businesses hire illegals. Care to provide proof/ data? coffee

>>>>More than 40 percent of the roughly one million construction workers in Texas are immigrants from Latin America, so it stands to reason that Perry Homes, which builds thousands of houses a year in subdivisions across the state, is one of the largest employers of foreign-born workers in Texas. Perry is also the single biggest donor to Republican politicians and causes in Texas, including $380,000 to Governor Rick Perry and $335,000 to Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst during the 2006 general election. Equally influential in Republican circles are prominent homebuilders David Weekley and his brother Richard, a founder of Texans for Lawsuit Reform, one of the most active PACs in state politics for the past ten years. Then there is Bo Pilgrim, whose chicken-processing empire is built in large part on foreign-born workers as well. Republican candidates for statewide office in Texas don’t launch campaigns without first making a visit to these four men, and no immigration bill ever escapes the attention of their lobbyists in Austin.<<<<<

https://www.texasmonthly.com/n...s/business-as-usual/

I could go on. And, you know I'm right. Not saying there aren't any Dems that hire undocumented folks but the major industries that they come here to work for are republican-owned and controlled.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The plain simple fact of the matter is that illegal immigration would come to a screeching halt if there were no jobs for the immigrants. They are a cheap and plentiful source of labor. They do jobs that American workers will not take. If the folks that hire them were arrested for having hired them, the problem stops.

Employers want them here and it is a mystery as to why we can't work out some immigration policy that accommodates both them and the American employers who hire and use them in such huge numbers. It is a win/win. Unfortunately, the demonization of the workers by the loons (who claim white girls are being run off the road by Cartel members in South Texas) prevents that from happening.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Which is why there should be a cheap easy, work visa problem - we can't deport 10 or 10s of million of people, just can't make the logistics work - but if they all have TIN, they can work legally - yep, prices will rise from an artificial low - and suddenly we have legal workers - don't even bother with "it can't be done" as it would require access to an online portal - i mean, it's not like we are asking every person to physically go in for a shot or 4 - and we did a decent job at that

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Which is why there should be a cheap easy, work visa problem - we can't deport 10 or 10s of million of people, just can't make the logistics work - but if they all have TIN, they can work legally - yep, prices will rise from an artificial low - and suddenly we have legal workers - don't even bother with "it can't be done" as it would require access to an online portal - i mean, it's not like we are asking every person to physically go in for a shot or 4 - and we did a decent job at that

Exactly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The truth is you need both enforcement on the immigrant end AND enforcement on the hiring end.

The government could easily deal with an improved work visa program with ease of compliance, and put some teeth in both and requiring use and compliance with it.

We also tend to get in the weeds with “racism” in immigration, use of in effect subsidized labor, and misuse of the resources refugee rules.

I understand one of the bigger sources is just plain overstaying legitimate visas.

Under the idea that folks should not be able to benefit from illegal acts, I tend to want all illegals deported, and feel that we should be treading a harder line with regards to our most precious offering - citizenship.

But that’s different than enforcing the letter and spirit of current law, which I think all can agree we are not doing now.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote