THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    For those who don’t understand how the Mexican border works
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who don’t understand how the Mexican border works Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
https://www.instagram.com/reel...gsh=NDd2a253emdzYm5j

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalino_S%C3%A1nchez

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36633 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are geographically challenged.

Culiacán, Sinaloa, is 800 miles from Laredo.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15105 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pluma or Plata. Border has always been a violent place and now its amplified. When in my 20's I wound up in Juarez once, quite the night out. I wouldnt go now without a squad of Marines.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
Pluma or Plata. Border has always been a violent place and now its amplified. When in my 20's I wound up in Juarez once, quite the night out. I wouldnt go now without a squad of Marines.

akin story for me, but Nuevo and Matamoros - used to go down in my teens and 20s .. i'd want an APC to cross into a bordertown these days -- no matter how good the food is at Garcia's in Matamoros

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:

akin story for me, but Nuevo and Matamoros - used to go down in my teens and 20s .. i'd want an APC to cross into a bordertown these days -- no matter how good the food is at Garcia's in Matamoros

But hey we have been on the border both sides. Lets take advice from people who have never even seen it.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
ZZ & Jeffe.

I use to cross the border regularly into all the border towns.

You couldn’t hold a .45 in my ear and make cross these days.

MM,
The Cartels control the people along the border on both sides. If you don’t acknowledge that…you are displaying your ignorance.

Live along the border and do something that upsets the cartels and you will get the same treatment as Chalino…it is accepted fact of life there.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36633 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somebody should build a wall or something… Wink

Posts: 5743 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 02 May 2024 22:26 Hide Post

I was born within a mile of the Rio and going to Mexico growing up was a regular thing. But no more.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Very sad and I think very fixable problem.

My parents flew their own plane down Baja back in the 70's. They stayed somewhere, left all their luggage, (forgot their travel paperwork,) and flew over to some other airport. Upon arrival the local police we not impressed with their lack of documentation but Mom said they talked their way out of it.
Mom's parents used to tow a 25' travel trailer down to Baja in the 80's. They'd park on a random beach and Gramps would buy fresh seafood from random traveling vendors.

None of that had to change and our hemisphere would be a whole lot better if we'd prioritize real national security threats like Mexico and Haiti instead of Somalia and Iraq.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
100% Scott

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Very sad and I think very fixable problem.

My parents flew their own plane down Baja back in the 70's. They stayed somewhere, left all their luggage, (forgot their travel paperwork,) and flew over to some other airport. Upon arrival the local police we not impressed with their lack of documentation but Mom said they talked their way out of it.
Mom's parents used to tow a 25' travel trailer down to Baja in the 80's. They'd park on a random beach and Gramps would buy fresh seafood from random traveling vendors.

None of that had to change and our hemisphere would be a whole lot better if we'd prioritize real national security threats like Mexico and Haiti instead of Somalia and Iraq.

Well written my friend!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
ZZ & Jeffe.

I use to cross the border regularly into all the border towns.

You couldn’t hold a .45 in my ear and make cross these days.

MM,
The Cartels control the people along the border on both sides. If you don’t acknowledge that…you are displaying your ignorance.

Live along the border and do something that upsets the cartels and you will get the same treatment as Chalino…it is accepted fact of life there.

No doubt true on the Mexican side of the border. Not true at all on the US side except in your fevered imagination.

“While drug-related violence in Mexico remains a concern, there is minimal spillover violence in the United States, as U.S.-based Mexican transnational criminal organization (TCO) members generally refrain from inter-cartel violence to avoid detection and increased scrutiny by law enforcement,” the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) wrote in its most recent National Threat Assessment.

The cartel-related violence that does occur in the U.S. tends to take place along the southwest border and is mainly associated with “trafficker-on-trafficker” incidents, the DEA noted.

Those who study Mexican cartels agreed that the organizations tend to be much less brazen on U.S. soil.

“They (cartels) are deterred by effective U.S. law enforcement and judicial entities but in Mexico, they’re not,” said Nathan Jones, a nonresident scholar in drug policy and Mexico studies at Rice University.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is much worse on the Mexican side as noted by all the responses of those who “used to” go back and forth.

But make no mistake…the cartels govern the locals on the north side with fear and that fear is grounded in reality.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, it is much worse on the Mexican side as noted by all the responses of those who “used to” go back and forth.

But make no mistake…the cartels govern the locals on the north side with fear and that fear is grounded in reality.

No, the cartel does not "govern" the US side of the border. That is bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
10 Most Dangerous Cities in Texas (2024)

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

https://propertyclub.nyc/artic...rous-cities-in-texas

Imagine that....Lubbock is more dangerous than any town on the border. Must be those roving bands of Cartel members on the streets of West Texas. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

No, the cartel does not "govern" the US side of the border. That is bullshit.

Because you don’t listen when they tell you. I actually listen to people who live along the River. They stay very vigilant against the underworld of the cartels. Their tentacles go very deep.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

Imagine that....Lubbock is more dangerous than any town on the border. Must be those roving bands of Cartel members on the streets of West Texas. Roll Eyes

Since you have lived in Lubbock…you should know that there is a Mexican gang culture there. There is a segment of town we knew as little Mexico. The cartels do thrive there in that environment.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

Since you have lived in Lubbock…you should know that there is a Mexican gang culture there. There is a segment of town we knew as little Mexico. The cartels do thrive there in that environment.

I have no doubt that the cartels have members and connections in Lubbock in relation to the drug trade. Like every other city with a significant population in the state of Texas. That's a long way from the ridiculous claim that the cartels "govern" in those cities.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

I have no doubt that the cartels have members and connections in Lubbock in relation to the drug trade. Like every other city with a significant population in the state of Texas. That's a long way from the ridiculous claim that the cartels "govern" in those cities.

sanity check -- would you say al capone "governed" Chicago? just trying to get a feel for your use of the term

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

sanity check -- would you say al capone "governed" Chicago? just trying to get a feel for your use of the term

Really? Al Capone?

I was in Lubbock last weekend....didn't see any gangsters or gangland slayings. Elliot Ness must be on the job out there.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Seriously Mike,
why are you like this? the velentine's day massacre was SEVEN people killed.. there hasn't been a chicago weekend with just 7 people killed in 2 decades ...

ATFQ

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seriously Mike,
why are you like this? the velentine's day massacre was SEVEN people killed.. there hasn't been a chicago weekend with just 7 people killed in 2 decades ...

ATFQ

It's those damn Cartels.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Seriously Mike,

ATFQ

Chicagos issues are not the the cartels. ITs hardly Trump voters either. Mostly uneducated blacks shooting each other and some bystanders along the way. I love Chicago cut my teeth at the CME. go there alot for business. Its kind of the situation though.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Seriously Mike,

ATFQ

So, Did Capone "govern" chicago?

he was in organized crime, his crime "family" was in many aspects of life in chicago, he delt in "Drugs and human trafficking" , illegal activities, murder and torture -- and the massacre that you may reference is, today, a page 3 item -- 7 killed? that could be any bbq, party, funeral in chicago today

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can the cartels operate in Lubbock, I thought it was that indicted congressman's turf. Wink

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Jeffe uses the word “govern” in the proper context for the OP. As a lawyer MM likes to sway context to his point — a lawyer thing.

The way MM minimizes the effect of the cartels…one would think he has some affinity for them.

The cartels are some of the most evil entities on earth. You would think we could all agree they are bad and should be exterminated.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seven guys were killed under the cloak of police uniforms.

That's a bit bigger deal than you want to call it.

I do get that our Texan friends are taking a disproportionate amount of the bad effects of Biden's crappy border policy.

But I've been reading that book MM recommended about texas history- 3/4 of the way through it now. It looks like Texas has always had issues with lawless militia type groups (loosely)- Mexican, Indians, especially Comanche, French, English, Spanish, and even Union types... and until relatively recently, they have largely been forced to deal with it on their own... because the national governments essentially refused to deal with it. Doesn't sound like Texas is really reinventing the wheel here.

quote:
Seriously Mike,

ATFQ

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NPR just had news on three found dead in Baja.
two Aussies and an American, surfers in a "safe" area for camping and surfing.
Even NPR had to admit to increase in crime, murder and cartel activity in Baja.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Seven guys were killed under the cloak of police uniforms.

That's a bit bigger deal than you want to call it.

I do get that our Texan friends are taking a disproportionate amount of the bad effects of Biden's crappy border policy.

But I've been reading that book MM recommended about texas history- 3/4 of the way through it now. It looks like Texas has always had issues with lawless militia type groups (loosely)- Mexican, Indians, especially Comanche, French, English, Spanish, and even Union types... and until relatively recently, they have largely been forced to deal with it on their own... because the national governments essentially refused to deal with it. Doesn't sound like Texas is really reinventing the wheel here.

quote:
Seriously Mike,
why are you like this? the valentine's day massacre was SEVEN people killed.. there hasn't been a chicago weekend with just 7 people killed in 2 decades ...

ATFQ

Doc,
one riot, one ranger - it's been a thing since our nation status - some folks will "complain" about that ideology - those are generally cityfolk

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
NPR just had news on three found dead in Baja.
two Aussies and an American, surfers in a "safe" area for camping and surfing.
Even NPR had to admit to increase in crime, murder and cartel activity in Baja.

I've read a couple different places recently that the human trafficking has shifted from Texas to California. If I remember right the Border Patrol has designated drop off locations for the illegals in San Diego. I also understand that large quantities of Chinese illegals are coming through.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Scott,
i don't recall the exact count, but i think it was like 200 TODAY

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeffe uses the word “govern” in the proper context for the OP. As a lawyer MM likes to sway context to his point — a lawyer thing.

The way MM minimizes the effect of the cartels…one would think he has some affinity for them.

The cartels are some of the most evil entities on earth. You would think we could all agree they are bad and should be exterminated.

You are such an ass.

I'm not trying to minimize anything about the Cartels. I'm just pointing out that your statements about how they control the US side of the border are bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Houston
San Antonio
Lubbock
Beaumont
Dallas
Mesquite
Austin
Corpus Christi
Waco
Pasadena

In Lubbock everyone has TT on their shirt and it spreads disease.__

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

I'm not trying to minimize anything about the Cartels. I'm just pointing out that your statements about how they control the US side of the border are bullshit.

Mike, do or do not folks who live on the border adjust how they live and what they do because of the cartels and their presence? That's a form of control.

Do they govern? No. But you would be a fool to wander out alone after dark down there unarmed and on foot.

Heck, there are parts of my hometown in the middle of nowhere MN that I do not go because of criminal gangs. Some of which are Mexican/Latino. I can only imagine its orders of magnitude worse down there... more areas, more times, and higher danger.

You are piddling over relative definitions.

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

Have you ever seen the bordertowns?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

Mike, do or do not folks who live on the border adjust how they live and what they do because of the cartels and their presence? That's a form of control.

Do they govern? No. But you would be a fool to wander out alone after dark down there unarmed and on foot.

Heck, there are parts of my hometown in the middle of nowhere MN that I do not go because of criminal gangs. Some of which are Mexican/Latino. I can only imagine its orders of magnitude worse down there... more areas, more times, and higher danger.

https://www.mtpr.org/montana-n...18-montana-residents

How in the hell did this become ok?!?!?!?!

In "nowhere ville MN" we can't go there at night because of Mexican Cartel dominance?!?!?!

My fellow Americans here on the pf tell each other about shooting and competing in this, that and the other combat competition but retreat from the streets after sundown because of the gangs.

Why in the world are we saber rattling and sending billions in assistance to foggy conflicts thousands of miles away and ignoring the anarchy on our front lawn?!?!?!?!

Mexico, Haiti and Venezuela are all failed. For some reason Chinese illegals are crossing our border by the hundreds daily and Vlad in the ukraine is some kind of problem. cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

I will let others decide who the ass here is…

…but I will just say if you don’t think the cartels exercise control over some of the population in the US…especially in the Hispanic Texan population along the border…

…you are dumber than a box of rocks.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

I will let others decide who the ass here is…

…but I will just say if you don’t think the cartels exercise control over some of the population in the US…especially in the Hispanic Texan population along the border…

…you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Here's what you posted:

"The Cartels control the people along the border on both sides."

You can walk it back now if you like. Or you can post more stupid shit like accusing me of having an affinity for the Cartels in an effort to deflect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can debate it all you want, but fundamentally the government doesn't want us cleaning up our own neighborhoods for a multitude of reasons.

The folks who live in these neighborhoods don't seem to want to cooperate with the police to shut this stuff down.

I can guarantee that if you and a group of us went into that area of town I am talking about and shot the folks causing problems we would be the ones going to prison and for a heck of a lot longer than the guys doing the crime there now would.

The reason we are "ignoring" the local issues is that folks don't agree on what to do.

I wouldn't agree with spending billions of dollars on it.

Its more a matter of doing what we need to than money, domestically.

Ukraine? I see this as Czechoslovakia in 1938-39. If we had stepped up then, would we have had WWII? Ignoring a bad international actor tends to cause a lot more problems down the road.

How much, what, and how we do it are certainly valid concerns.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are such an ass.

https://www.mtpr.org/montana-n...18-montana-residents

How in the hell did this become ok?!?!?!?!

In "nowhere ville MN" we can't go there at night because of Mexican Cartel dominance?!?!?!

My fellow Americans here on the pf tell each other about shooting and competing in this, that and the other combat competition but retreat from the streets after sundown because of the gangs.

Why in the world are we saber rattling and sending billions in assistance to foggy conflicts thousands of miles away and ignoring the anarchy on our front lawn?!?!?!?!

Mexico, Haiti and Venezuela are all failed. For some reason Chinese illegals are crossing our border by the hundreds daily and Vlad in the ukraine is some kind of problem. cuckoo