Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should Trump's Trials Be Televised? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
As it now stands (as I understand it) Trump's trial on State charges in Georgia will be televised but his Federal trials in Florida and Washington will not. I submit that it is in the vital interest of the Country as a whole that they all be televised for the American People to see for themselves.

Trump supporters believe, or claim to believe, that he is the victim of political persecution and there is no evidence of criminal wrongdoing. They should be insisting on televised trials so the American People can see for themselves, unfiltered by various talking heads, that there is no evidence.

The other side believe Trump is the head of a wide-ranging criminal enterprise that tried to steal sensitive national security information and democracy itself by illegal attempts to change the outcome of an election away from the expressed will of the voters. These folks should want all the evidence laid before the American People as completely as possible, also without being filtered through the kidneys of any news organization.

Who is against it? I suspect that many who claim to believe Trump a victim know he's a criminal but he's their criminal so they'll continue to back him and they know exposure of the evidence will be fatal.

The rule-making body that sets the rules for Federal Courts is the "Judicial Conference", made up of the Chief Judge of each Circuit, a few senior District Judges and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. The Judicial Conference has consistently refused to allow cameras in Federal Courts, BUT...

The Judicial Conference was established by a Statute passed by Congress and signed by the President which can be amended by Congress to mandate that ALL trials of a current or former President on Federal felony charges MUST be televised by C-SPAN and made available to any network who wants it.

I think this should be done.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That should be fun to see!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloadi...3811043/m/8191024572

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
ALL of his trials should be on cspan - but i'd settle for PPV

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump once or twice or more said something to the effect of "the more I'm on the news, TV, or any media, the better and I like it".

I always said, "one should be careful of what he wishes for".

The question is will it just amount to more free campaign coverage?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
ALL of his trials should be on cspan

100% ^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat what I already posted: absent something extraordinary, there aren't going to be any cameras in a federal court room, especially in a criminal proceeding. Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 53:

"Rule 53. Courtroom Photographing and Broadcasting Prohibited

Except as otherwise provided by a statute or these rules, the court must not permit the taking of photographs in the courtroom during judicial proceedings or the broadcasting of judicial proceedings from the courtroom."

When you go to the federal courthouse here in Dallas, the US Marshal's confiscate your cell phone before you're allowed near a court room in order to prevent you from taking any photos. They politely return them when you are at the elevator bank.

State court is a different story but it is up to the discretion of the presiding judge. They are not required to let cameras into the court. In Texas anyway.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't let established protocol get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. When the Federal trials are not televised it will be because the administration has something to hide, not the fact that these policies were in place for years beforehand.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What if - all the trials were televised, say on cspan, with the team of announcers like a wrestling match or ball game, AND Trump has already been deemed NOT eligible to even be on the ballots?

That would be sport. Smiler

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
I'll repeat what I already posted: absent something extraordinary, there aren't going to be any cameras in a federal court room, especially in a criminal proceeding. Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 53:

Except as otherwise provided by a statute or these rules, the court must not permit the taking of photographs in the courtroom during judicial proceedings or the broadcasting of judicial proceedings from the courtroom."

When you go to the federal courthouse here in Dallas, the US Marshal's confiscate your cell phone before you're allowed near a court room in order to prevent you from taking any photos. They politely return them when you are at the elevator bank.

State court is a different story but it is up to the discretion of the presiding judge. They are not required to let cameras into the court. In Texas anyway.

It is my understanding (I've been wrong, once) that the Chief Judge in the Georgia jurisdiction has said that trial WILL be televised.

The Federal trials will only be televised if the Judicial Conference decides to order it or is required to by Congress.

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
No. He hates attention.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

It is my understanding (I've been wrong, once) that the Chief Judge in the Georgia jurisdiction has said that trial WILL be televised.

The Federal trials will only be televised if the Judicial Conference decides to order it or is required to by Congress.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that after trump loses the election, a plea deal gets cut on all of these criminal charges, state and federal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that after trump loses the election, a plea deal gets cut on all of these criminal charges, state and federal.

I think this batch all goes to trial before the election and at least as many more indictments issue between now and then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish it would be televised. Help cut down on the media version of things, for people to see it themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I wish it would be televised. Help cut down on the media version of things, for people to see it themselves.

And there's a decent chance if we all see the same thing for a change a large majority will come to the same conclusion, the way this Country largely operated until this century.

I think he's guilty of far more than he has been charged with but there is, rightfully, no penalty in law for what I think.

If the prosecution shits the bed and is unable to prove the charges against him he should walk.

If the prosecutor presents compelling evidence to the American People of Trump's guilt most of them will accept it; it will happen sequentially, by group based on IQ.

The smarter ones will abandon him first, the 10% who drink beer from a sippie cup will be all he has left.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And in the mean time, one or two of the others running for president will look better and better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And in the mean time, one or two of the others running for president will look better and better.

Lord knows they need to...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think there are enough voters out there now, who dont believe in the fallacy of a perfect candidate. They are ready for anyone but trump or biden.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And there's a decent chance if we all see the same thing for a change a large majority will come to the same conclusion, the way this Country largely operated until this century.

I think he's guilty of far more than he has been charged with but there is, rightfully, no penalty in law for what I think.

If the prosecution shits the bed and is unable to prove the charges against him he should walk.

If the prosecutor presents compelling evidence to the American People of Trump's guilt most of them will accept it; it will happen sequentially, by group based on IQ.

The smarter ones will abandon him first, the 10% who drink beer from a sippie cup will be all he has left.

You live in a dream world. Every time the buffoon gets indicted, fund raising jumps. His suck ups and sycophants will never ever believe he is anything but a victim. Why do you think he stated publicly that he could kill someone on Main Street and get away with it? His loyal base- and there are many here- will NEVER turn on him unless they get a brain transplant….. 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:

You live in a dream world. Every time the buffoon gets indicted, fund raising jumps. His suck ups and sycophants will never ever believe he is anything but a victim. Why do you think he stated publicly that he could kill someone on Main Street and get away with it? His loyal base- and there are many here- will NEVER turn on him unless they get a brain transplant….. 2020

I confess to being guilty of hoping that the United States can regain an even keel without civil war.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The smarter ones have already abandoned him. It's the remaining idiot majority of GOP members who have decided to roll with him because he's going to be the GOP candidate.

It's understandable, I guess. If you're a republican.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I confess to being guilty of hoping that the United States can regain an even keel without civil war.

Do you really think it has come to that?

We argue but I don't see that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you really think it has come to that?

We argue but I don't see that.

I see a lot of MAGAts calling for it, mostly hot air, no doubt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if stuff like this will ever turn out to be true. So many experts chime in, but so many turn out to be wrong.

https://www.aol.com/news/cohen...dants-195931863.html

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1171 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
I wonder if stuff like this will ever turn out to be true. So many experts chime in, but so many turn out to be wrong.

I think there's a good possibility we'll find out. Giuliani was very close to rolling so Trump is giving him a $100,000/plate fundraising dinner at Bedminster for legal fees. Giuliani is probably the biggest threat to Trump because there's a very good chance he has recordings not related to these charges. Prosecutors love cooperating witnesses that hand them additional crimes.

Several of the fake electors are already trotting out the "We just did what the President and his lawyers told us to" defense.

The guy in charge of IT at Mar-A-Lago is giving up everything he knows on the efforts to conceal the security video since he got a lawyer not being paid for by Trump.

Interesting that all the accused and all the witnesses, every one of them, have one thing in common:

They are all Republicans.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
That should be fun to see!

You and I who are on the outside looking in at this slow motion car crash can laugh at it, but it does the US no good on the world stage.

Whether this clown is running the country or is obsessively the subject of every news outlet just feeds his ego. The best thing that can happen to the US is that trump becomes irrelevant.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think there's a good possibility we'll find out. Giuliani was very close to rolling so Trump is giving him a $100,000/plate fundraising dinner at Bedminster for legal fees. Giuliani is probably the biggest threat to Trump because there's a very good chance he has recordings not related to these charges. Prosecutors love cooperating witnesses that hand them additional crimes.

Several of the fake electors are already trotting out the "We just did what the President and his lawyers told us to" defense.

The guy in charge of IT at Mar-A-Lago is giving up everything he knows on the efforts to conceal the security video since he got a lawyer not being paid for by Trump.

Interesting that all the accused and all the witnesses, every one of them, have one thing in common:

I thought that they raided Rudy's office and got all of his electronic devices. Wonder if they got those "recordings".

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought that they raided Rudy's office and got all of his electronic devices. Wonder if they got those "recordings".

I doubt it, an insurance policy like that you don't leave sitting around the office, and there's more than one copy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was his home aka and office that was searched mostly related to his activities in Ukraine. Could have involve 06/2021 since the raid was 04/28/2021.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was his home aka and office that was searched mostly related to his activities in Ukraine. Could have involve 06/2021 since the raid was 04/28/2021.

Giuliani was doing criminal shit with Trump before Trump ran for office.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In short he slept with a dog and woke up with fleas. Wonder if there's at least one can of flea spray somewhere. Then again trump might have dirt on Rudy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In short he slept with a dog and woke up with fleas. Wonder if there's at least one can of flea spray somewhere. Then again trump might have dirt on Rudy.

I'd guess that's highly likely. Apparently Trump already stiffed Rudy for several million in legal fees, and an ultimatum made him agree to hold the $100,000/plate fundraiser at Bedminster, but the legal bills keep mounting and now reports are Trump's PACs are under investigation for fraudulent fund raising. If that results in indictments all the money in those could be frozen, and that's where ALL Trump's legal bills are paid from.

I'm still curious why he went to a bail bondsman for his $200,000 bail. That costs him $20,000 he never gets back and a "billionaire" should have had $200,000 in his couch cushions.