THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    trump's lawyers say case should be moved to West Virginia

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

trump's lawyers say case should be moved to West Virginia Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
trump can only be prosecuted in red states, I guess?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...LKFSggEHSp2mttIwEZsA

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are venue shopping. I don't blame them, they have to take a shot at getting the case out of DC.

But I think DC will be proper venue because that is where the alleged crimes took place.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't blame them either. The only way he avoids a conviction is jury nullification.

I hope they got a huge retainer up front given trump's history of not paying his lawyers and other creditors.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t represent him if the up front retainer was $10 million in gold bars.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He won West Virginia by what a 1k votes. Of course, he wants it in West Virginia. His lawyers have to try.

Moving the trial to WV would be the next best thing to the setting the jury and holding the trial at the Republican National Convention.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . good luck with that. Change of venue ain’t happening.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
May be in Russia?

Where his master is a genius? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny, they wanted the documents trial in South Florida where the crime occurred, guess that's tit for tat then..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good point, Frank. Trump's position has hardly been consistent.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I’d try like Hell to get it out of DC too!

This is how so many black men got railroaded, trial held in predominantly white, bigoted jurisdictions.

Knowing the political demographics in Washington, Trump won’t get a fair trial in DC in my opinion.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Trump can't lose in DC. If he is acquitted, he and his toadies claim he was innocent all along and now he has been vindicated. If he is convicted, he and his toadies claim he did not get a fair trial and all the judges need to be fired or better yet hung.

I never ceased to be amazed how seemingly reasonably intelligent people can get sucked in by his shtick including a good many here. Sort of frightening the level of gullibility displayed by some.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Trump can't lose in DC. If he is acquitted, he and his toadies claim he was innocent all along and now he has been vindicated. If he is convicted, he and his toadies claim he did not get a fair trial and all the judges need to be fired or better yet hung.

I never ceased to be amazed how seemingly reasonably intelligent people can get sucked in by his shtick including a good many here. Sort of frightening the level of gullibility displayed by some.

BUH BUH BUT HIS POLICIES DON'TCHYA KNOW!!!

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1171 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
trump can only be prosecuted in red states, I guess?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...LKFSggEHSp2mttIwEZsA

Coal country, but not Scranton...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:

I sure as heck would!
( Did I mention Im a fishing guide and truck driver? Well suited to represent wouldn't you agree? Big Grin)

$10 million in gold would certainly be my price and I'd consider this to be a "hold my beer and watch this!" kind on moment.

A client just short of being as nutty as a Manson Family member, self incriminates themselves in recorded audio, video and print, not to mention three double tractor trailer loads of physical evidence against him,......

Oh hell yeah I'll take that gold, brush my teeth, comb my hair and head for court and the media interviews.

Come on Man! Big Grin

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hmm, look, I don't think Trump could win, even if they had the trial in Deep East Texas

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to differ. The most important consideration in a trial is the make-up of a jury.

I believe there are regions of the country where a jury might disregard the evidence and issue a jury nullification.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The biggest lie in our system is, “ Both sides just want a fair jury.”

No, both sides want a jury predisposed to agree with them. That is what Voir Dire is all about. Both sides trying to construct a petit jury that is predisposed to agree with them. I believe trials are won and lost in Voir Dire.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Remember kids,
quote:
Voir Dire
is just fancy pants for jury selection

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Remember kids,
quote:
Voir Dire

lol...."to speak the truth".....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope his antics get him a contempt charge and some reflection time in the crossbar motel.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I think it should be abundantly clear to anyone with a functioning brain stem at this point that the man is 8 year old in an old fat man's body. Some of his latest Truth Social posts . . . no mature person talks like that.

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
I think it should be abundantly clear to anyone with a functioning brain stem at this point that the man is 8 year old in an old fat man's body. Some of his latest Truth Social posts . . . no mature person talks like that.

Your description fits the average American voter.

In both parties! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
hmm, look, I don't think Trump could win, even if they had the trial in Deep East Texas

Putin offered to host the trial....DJT is moving there anyway. It's just a matter of when he goes home to pappa.

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

No, both sides want a jury predisposed to agree with them. That is what Voir Dire is all about. Both sides trying to construct a petit jury that is predisposed to agree with them. I believe trials are won and lost in Voir Dire.

That has always struck me as odd about the US system.

Ours are selected at random and you get the jury you get unless any individual is ineligible.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many try to get on a jury with the sole purpose of finding the defendant guilty? If it gets that far, anyone casting a guilty vote in drumpf's trial should expect to get viciously harassed by his brain dead minions or possibly even physically assaulted.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Breaking news -
Trump to be tried as an Adult

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Remember kids,
quote:
Voir Dire

lol...."to speak the truth".....

yes, Mike, I know the literal translation, but the context is jury selection ..

Here, let's try a thing
"to speak the truth" in place of voir dire
quote:
No, both sides want a jury predisposed to agree with them. That is what to speak the truth is all about. Both sides trying to construct a petit jury that is predisposed to agree with them. I believe trials are won and lost in to speak the truth.

and "jury selection"
quote:
No, both sides want a jury predisposed to agree with them. That is what jury selection is all about. Both sides trying to construct a petit jury that is predisposed to agree with them. I believe trials are won and lost in jury selection.

funny, aint it?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Breaking news -

Why?

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Breaking news -

LMAO!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by sdirks:

I sure as heck would!
( Did I mention Im a fishing guide and truck driver? Well suited to represent wouldn't you agree? Big Grin)

$10 million in gold would certainly be my price and I'd consider this to be a "hold my beer and watch this!" kind on moment.

A client just short of being as nutty as a Manson Family member, self incriminates themselves in recorded audio, video and print, not to mention three double tractor trailer loads of physical evidence against him,......

Oh hell yeah I'll take that gold, brush my teeth, comb my hair and head for court and the media interviews.

Come on Man! Big Grin

Well, I’m a lawyer, and one who cares about his reputation in the community. There isn’t enough money in the world to make me willing to chain my name to his. Even if TFG did end up being my last client ever— as he surely would be.

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Soon as they find out I'm an engineer, I can go home. Just like clockwork...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't even call the asshole a crook; you have to say that he is "judicially involved."

One of Us
Picture of 300shooter
posted Hide Post

Posts: 686 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote