Tools

Some truth from the border Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Point is . . . one more time . . . that the folks that love to characterize the border situation as an “invasion” are the same folks that love to argue that what happened on January 6 was not an “insurrection”. Just be intellectually honest.

what is that phrase ME loves to throw around, after you taught it him? false equivalency? there's more illegals coming over EVERYDAY, than "visited" the capital on jan 6...

sort of like "ya'll" screaming "false equivalency" when comparing JUST portland to the INVASION, LOOTING, AND ARSON that happened in the cap BEFORE jan 6th ...

dudes, IDGAF what you call jan 6, but use the same measurement on your side, and call it the same ... otherwise it's just blatant hypocrazy (spelling intended)

Defending J6? 2020 What do you call it? It wasn't an insurrection?

And, you're gonna have to explain to me what illegal immigration has to do with it and why you would try to draw the comparison. Same question as to Portland? You understand the insurrectionists entered the Capital, right? Of the United States? To try to overturn the result of a presidential election. How does that equate to anything relating to illegal immigration or protests directed at discriminatory practices?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
Point is . . . one more time . . . that the folks that love to characterize the border situation as an “invasion” are the same folks that love to argue that what happened on January 6 was not an “insurrection”. Just be intellectually honest.

what is that phrase ME loves to throw around, after you taught it him? false equivalency? there's more illegals coming over EVERYDAY, than "visited" the capital on jan 6...

sort of like "ya'll" screaming "false equivalency" when comparing JUST portland to the INVASION, LOOTING, AND ARSON that happened in the cap BEFORE jan 6th ...

dudes, IDGAF what you call jan 6, but use the same measurement on your side, and call it the same ... otherwise it's just blatant hypocrazy (spelling intended)

Defending J6? 2020 What do you call it? It wasn't an insurrection?

And, you're gonna have to explain to me what illegal immigration has to do with it and why you would try to draw the comparison. Same question as to Portland? You understand the insurrectionists entered the Capital, right? Of the United States? To try to overturn the result of a presidential election. How does that equate to anything relating to illegal immigration or protests directed at discriminatory practices?

what if those "protests" were in your front yard?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:

what if those "protests" were in your front yard?

We have constitutional right to protest, we do not have a right to riot or storm the capital. The Floyd riots in no way justify storming our capital and trying to disrupt the transfer of power after a Presidential election.

All the "what if's" and "but's" in the world do not justify Trumps action or those of his followers.

Posts: 196 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
We have constitutional right to protest, we do not have a right to riot or storm the capital.

and here is a PERFECT example of Libs forgetting that "their side did it too" ... the WEIRD part is that, since it was libbies doing it, and the president supported it, no one called it an insurrection , yet it was intended, and indeed did, disrupt the lawful function of the house - so much so that new House rules preventing it from happening again --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...%20of%20the%20United

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
False equivalency much Jeffe?

A sit in is hardly the same as those morons forcing their way into the capital, physically assaulting Capital Police and trying to stop the certification of a Presidential election.

But, but, but....but bullshit.

Trump and all those who assisted him in his attempt to steal the 2020 election should be held accountable.

Pathetic your attempt compare the two.

Not even close to the same thing.

Posts: 196 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

A sit in is hardly the same as those morons forcing their way into the capital, physically assaulting Capital Police and trying to stop the certification of a Presidential election.

But, but, but....but bullshit.

Trump and all those who assisted him in his attempt to steal the 2020 election should be held accountable.

+1. It bespeaks much that Americans cannot at least be united in condemning what happened on January 6 at our Capitol. Instead we have folks calling those clowns patriots for heaven's sake. It was a dangerous, shameful, tragic, embarrassment for our country.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We have constitutional right to protest, we do not have a right to riot or storm the capital.

and here is a PERFECT example of Libs forgetting that "their side did it too" ... the WEIRD part is that, since it was libbies doing it, and the president supported it, no one called it an insurrection , yet it was intended, and indeed did, disrupt the lawful function of the house - so much so that new House rules preventing it from happening again --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...%20of%20the%20United

Let me help you remember the difference between the two things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXnHIJkZZAs&t=44s

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

But, but, but....but bullsh!t.

So, when presented with an similar case, where persons attempted to disrupt the legal process of congress, one's bad, and libs think the other is okay -- honestly tells me everything i need to know about libs ... it's not the crimes, it's the politics of the actors that matter.

oh, you are trying to over specify the action based on details ... you "False equivalency" is entirely basis ... the same crime, at the same location, -- let's make it a theft story ... guy breaks into a house, steals items ABC, second guy breaks into the same house, steals xyz... and you have the ability to contort your mind to say they are THE SAME CRIME based in fine grained details -

Sigh -- yeah, i am good.. no need for me to go into this farther, as the radical left ideology just shuts down a rational conversation -- ignoring all facts that don't fit your narrative, and 100% politically motivated.

oh, no charges FILED on the dems blocking and disrupting congress -- people getting years sentences that were never on the Floor, for trespassing ... THERE is your "False equivalency"

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

But, but, but....but bullsh!t.

+1. It bespeaks much that Americans cannot at least be united in condemning what happened on January 6 at our Capitol. Instead we have folks calling those clowns patriots for heaven's sake. It was a dangerous, shameful, tragic, embarrassment for our country.

Weird.. *I* am not "supporting" jan6 -- if you can't comprehend that SNARK in using quotes to put focus on "visit" as being disparaging, I can't help you --

but you have zero basis for inferring that *I* called any of the idiots on jan6.... well, either show me a quote where i did, or admit your posted in error --

cowboy up

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A sit in is not the same as forcefully breeching the halls of congress. Elected representatives refusing to leave Congress without a vote being held is in no way similar to sending fake electors to Congress, asking the AG of Georgia to find 11,870 votes, or the myriad of other attempts to steal the election. I think you struggle with holding your team accountable Jeffe.

There is no equivalent in American history.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
A sit in is not the same as forcefully breeching the halls of congress. Elected representatives refusing to leave Congress without a vote being held is in no way similar to sending fake electors to Congress, asking the AG of Georgia to find 11,870 votes, or the myriad of other attempts to steal the election. I think you struggle with holding your team accountable Jeffe.

There is no equivalent in American history.

You win - here's your trophy

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And how many police officers were assaulted during the sit it? How much damage done to our capital? Which presidential election were they trying to stop the certification of?

Exactly the same Jeffe.....in your mind and no where else.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
And how many police officers were assaulted during the sit it? How much damage done to our capital? Which presidential election were they trying to stop the certification of?

Exactly the same Jeffe.....in your mind and no where else.
grow up steve, i've never defended jan6 -- and that is YOUR lens, which blinds you into thinking other things.

Again, your mental gymnastics are profoundly amazing -

YOU , stevie, are defending dems disrupting government business .. YOU --

do try to grow up a bit and find equal measurement for both sides ... i believe in you, and gosh darn it, you are good enough

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right back at ya Captain Denial, come back to reality and stop eating those mushrooms that are growing on cow patties.

A sit in and J 6th....not the same, no matter how hard you try.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I cannot think of a single incident in my lifetime that would be comparable, even remotely, to what happened on January 6. A defeated President seeking to hold on to power holds a rally to incite a crowd. The crowd storms the Capitol destroying property, breaking windows, fighting with law enforcement. The crowd calls for the death of the Vice President, Speaker of the House and others. The defeated President does nothing to stop the attack or to try and quell the attackers. The crowd attempts to storm a barricaded chamber of Congress. All while Congress was trying to validate the election the sitting President lost. There is no parallel in my lifetime. Attempts to dismiss or minimize the event are disgusting . . . as are attempts to create a false equivalency with matters that are demonstrably, materially different.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
9/11 was more tragic due to the loss of life.

Jan 6 is more dangerous, more horrible. This is because it was a mass of US Citizens moved by lies from a duly defeated President to destroy the Constitution under a false premise of saving the country. Said defeated President, refusing to defend our government and our Constitution while hoping the mass would force the VP to follow his unconstitutional order. An order that was designed to keep said President in power he had no right to hold.

We set fire to our Constitution. Despite all the Democrats are evil talk, this great evil was conducted by the Right.

Set ins or even picket lines are not Jan 6. They do not compare.

The closest thing to Jan 6 was a lefties bombing the Capitol. I consider Jan 6 worse bc the intent was to prevent the peaceful transition of power, and sanctioned by a defeated President to keep power who had an obligation to stop it.

Again, compare President Trump who never got past a Fed District Court of State Supreme Court to Al Gore.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
That the Conservatives or, "their side" won't come down on, won't condemn the participants in January 6th is an example of why this nation will fail.

It's all tribalism now. It was ok for the Hutu's to machete the Tutsi's because the Hutu's were on the Hutu's side. The Serbs turned a blind eye to their own massacring the Bosnians. The Republicans Presidents Sedition is just fine to Republicans because he's GOP.

Even in our homes and our local schools we grant amnesty and pardon our own children's transgressions because their ours and, "those kids do it too!"
Republicans give a pass to January 6th because of the BLM and ANTIFA stuff.

Mind blowing to me and as I've said, I'm glad I've got Canada between me and the Lower 48.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeo has repeatedly spoke up against Jan 6, yet when he brings up something else that is illegal, people jump on him as a denier. You folks do know more than one thing at a time can be against the law?

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I cannot think of a single incident in my lifetime that would be comparable, even remotely, to what happened on January 6. A defeated President seeking to hold on to power holds a rally to incite a crowd. The crowd storms the Capitol destroying property, breaking windows, fighting with law enforcement.

Allow me to add to your knowledge
https://www.history.com/news/u...lding-violence-fires

here's a couple, "in your lifetime" --
I assume you'll feel shootings and bombings and killings by the "protestors" are significant events
quote:
On March 1, 1971, a bomb exploded in the Capitol building. While the explosion did not injure anyone, it caused some $300,000 in damage. A group calling itself the Weather Underground claimed to be behind the bombing and said it was in protest of the ongoing U.S.-supported bombing of Laos.

Thirteen years later, on November 7, 1983, a bomb tore through the second floor of the Senate wing of the Capitol. The device detonated late in the evening and no one was harmed, but it caused an estimated $250,000 in damage. A group calling itself the Armed Resistance Unit later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was in retaliation for military actions in Grenada and Lebanon. Seven people were eventually arrested in connection with the attack.

Political causes aside, individuals have committed acts of violence on Capitol grounds through the decades. These incidents include an 1890 fatal shooting sparked by a feud between a reporter and a former congressman and a 1998 fatal shooting of two Capitol Police officers in 1998 by a man who claimed the U.S. was plagued by cannibalism and a fictional disease.

Or perhaps you forgot the "floyd" riots in DC, where over 60 Secret Service agents where injured, along with arson and rioting, May of 2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...s_in_Washington,_D.C.

Mike, you side aint pristine, as ALL of these attacks were against a GOP admin -- 4-0 .. weird coincidence

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Jeffeo has repeatedly spoke up against Jan 6, yet when he brings up something else that is illegal, people jump on him as a denier. You folks do know more than one thing at a time can be against the law?

oh, let's get back to our usual --
Let's argue about which ancient draft dodger is the worst choice for president -

hint, they are both terrible choices

seriously, look at the first line in my sig

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
I think you are deeply confused. Notice that all of the folks you keep label as the "other side" have a long history of voting for the GOP, including myself.

The weird part is that you are somehow claiming a sit in is equivalent to J the 6th, it is not.

Seriously, it may be long past time for you to admit the events of j the 6th were a special sort of stupid, all created by "YOUR team". It hardly means all of the GOP is at fault, but those trying minimize it(that would be YOU) are certainly part of the problem.

Stop eating those mushrooms, I know they are free but the side effects are shocking Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, two things can be against the law at the same time. For example, shoplifting is illegal and so is murder. Now ask yourself, are they equivalent? We all know the answer. They are not, just like J the 6th is not equivalent a sit in.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I must have missed the part where the prior attacks on the Capitol were instigated by a sitting President seeking to remain in office after cooking up a lie about the election being stolen and trying to prevent Congress from fulfilling its duty to ensure a peaceful transition of power. And I guess I also missed the part in the prior attacks where the President, fully aware the attacks were taking place, refused to act to stop the attacks and instead sat in his office watching the attacks on television like a football game. My bad, but I missed the part in those other attacks where the attackers were wandering around looking for the Vice President and Speaker of the House to kill them. Lastly I guess I overlooked that the prior attacks were by shadow organizations comprised of a limited number of members whose members were openly committed to violence, not a political movement inspired by President involving a bunch of people at a political rally wearing MAGA hats and shirts.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see Steve's reading comprehension still hasnt improved.
Jeffe compared two federal crimes, Steve compares apples and cornflakes.
A better comparison. I can get behind the wheel knowingly drunk and kill someone, and get what? 7 yrs? Or go kill someone with a knife and get 20-life. There still remains a dead person, and both break the law.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A better comparison. I can get behind the wheel knowingly drunk and kill someone, and get what? 7 yrs? Or go kill someone with a knife and get 20-life. There still remains a dead person, and both break the law.

The apples and cornflakes statement would be more accurately applied in relation to Jeffe's attempted analogy. It's just deflection.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We have another that believes minimalizing J the 6th will somehow make an insurrection equivalent to a sit in. Utterly amazing to me.

Happy to go toe to toe with you in regards to reading comprehension any day. It happens to be something I have excelled at my whole life.

I can't hang with you or Jeffe when it comes to mental gymnastics though, trophy aside. Big Grin

I do see some flakes in this thread, I'm not so sure they are corn flakes, but flakes for sure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is it maybe just possible that J6 was bad AND the flood of ILLEGALS is also bad. Not sure why it has to be mutually exclusive.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
Is it maybe just possible that J6 was bad AND the flood of ILLEGALS is also bad. Not sure why it has to be mutually exclusive.

Praise the Lord. Someone understands that everything is not binary. Too many of the people here think everything is binary. Both Biden and Trump suck. Both the Reps and the Dems in Congress suck. I think having to step out of a world that is all black and white gives some folks a headache.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shows just what you comprehend stevie.
I equated a knife killing ( jan 6) to a vehicular homicide ( secret service agents injured, courthouses burned etc. in floyd riots) and I'm minimalizing jan 6? What a dumb ass. Or are you saying drunk driving is worse? If that is the case, you had better talk to some judges, get them straightened out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shows just what you comprehend stevie.
I equated a knife killing ( jan 6) to a vehicular homicide ( secret service agents injured, courthouses burned etc. in floyd riots) and I'm minimalizing jan 6? What a dumb ass. Or are you saying drunk driving is worse? If that is the case, you had better talk to some judges, get them straightened out.

Let me be clear for those of you who appear to have ridden to short bus to school.

January the 6th and a sit in are not equivalent.

You are attempting to minimize the events of that day, shameful behavior, especially come from a veteran. What occurred that day was an attack on our Constitution.

Now you are calling me Stevie? D-bag much?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve are you saying that the Floyd riots were just a sit in? Sorry if I am confused.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Steve are you saying that the Floyd riots were just a sit in? Sorry if I am confused.

Most certainly not. I posted my opinion of the riots several times. Those engaged in looting, assault, arson, etc should have been dealt with in the harshest terms. That does not apply to those folks who were peacefully protesting, something we have a constitutional right to do.

We were not talking about the Floyd riots though, Jeffe thinks some Democratic Legislators staging a sit in in Congress to demand a vote is somehow equivalent to violently breeching our Capital and trying to stop the lawful transfer of power.

I do not think you are confused, just willing to overlook an assault on the Constitution in order to keep your preferred POTUS in office.

Denial is not just a river...

one of us
posted Hide Post
No I was confused. I believe some of the rioters were there to stop the proceedings but they had little chance and no one has explained if the vote count was stopped that day what prevented the count to continue the day after. I am unsure how many of the thousands that were at the rally were in anyway involved. I believe the rioters should have been beaten with batons and not allowed in the building.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steve,
don't pretend to speak for me - you don't know me like that. i wonder if "calm down, you are being emotional" would have a different outcome if I told it to a man vs when I say it to my wife -- i'd like to think so, but i have my doubts

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MLindsay:
Jeffe thinks some Democratic Legislators obstructing of an official proceeding, with preplanning (conspiracy) staging a sit in in Congress to demand a vote is somehow equivalent to "protestors" obstructing of an official proceeding, with preplanning (conspiracy). violently breeching our Capital and trying to stop the lawful transfer of power

there, i fixed it for you

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
You are still attempting to make the two falsely equivalent and they are NOT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
No I was confused. I believe some of the rioters were there to stop the proceedings but they had little chance and no one has explained if the vote count was stopped that day what prevented the count to continue the day after. I am unsure how many of the thousands that were at the rally were in anyway involved. I believe the rioters should have been beaten with batons and not allowed in the building.

The fact that they had little chance of success means nothing, those that broke into the Capital should be held fully accountable, as well as those involved in other attempts to steal the election. I do not feel you are confused, you are just looking for an excuse for the pathetic behavior that was displayed on the 6th of jan.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You can feel anyway you like

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everytime J 6 comes up and comparisons are made, I talk about the failure to hold floyd rioters accountable. Not the ones who assaulted police. I compare fed crime to fed crimes. The courthouse attacks and so on. The D-bag here stevie is someone who thinks they know what everyone is thinking, without ever asking a question.
My comparison didnt hold for floyd and j6 being on the same level, but you dont see that either.
I could care less about a sit in.
I do care that J 6 rioters and fed crimes during floyd riots are BOTH made to pay. You continue to try and put words in my mouth. You do not get to do that, if you dont know what I mean, you ask to clarify. Instead, you use your fantastic reading comprehension to steer things where you want it to go, and make shit up. Thats just being an asshole.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are the same moron who claimed to know my opinion of the pictures of the Border Patrol mounted on horse back dealing with illegals, a subject I had never even commented on, yet somehow you knew my opinion on it. Someone here is an asshole and that would be you.

So we agree that all of the violent rioters in both sides should be held accountable.

I do think you are minimizing on Jan 6th, same as Jeffe, because I see no equivalent in our history. You both keep bringing up up the "Libs", the "Dems" and the "Floyd rioters", none of their actions justify what was done on the 6th and there is no equivalent. The morons who attacked the court house in Seattle should be jailed for the crimes they committed but they were not part of a conspiracy to attempt to stop the certification of a Presidential election, that is a huge distinction which you fail to make in claiming both sides committed equal crimes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I completely agree with your last statement