The real story on the border presented by Elon Musk Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
Thank you Elon!

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/...565081750290910?s=46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Liberals don't like this at all....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nutjob.

He's right about this though:

>>>Elon Musk possesses a “deep disdain” for former President Donald Trump, according to an upcoming biography of the billionaire set to be released next week. The Tesla entrepreneur would have voted for Joe Biden in the 2020 election—if he had cared to vote at all, according to The New York Times which obtained the biography by Walter Isaacson. While Musk characterized Biden as “boring as hell,” he reserved a great deal of criticism for his opponent—with Musk describing Trump as “kind of nuts” in the book. “I’m not Trump’s fan,” Musk told his biographer, who wrote that Musk considered Trump to be a “con man.”

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Nut job!?

The guy is eccentric but he is highly intelligent.

His new mission is to shed light on our border crisis. Hear hear to Elon.

PS: he will support the GOP candidate…whoever it is.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Nut job!?

He's a lot more like Trump than he cares to admit, mostly buys other, smarter people's ideas and claims them as his, the one big one he came up with, the ugliest truck ever seen on a public road, is doomed to be an expensive failure.

Lauding the success of those who start with hundreds of millions or billions is like ooing and ahing over a runner who starts a 100-yard dash 30 feet from the finish line.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nut job!?

He's a whackjob. On the spectrum. A master however, at hiring other people to accomplish complex tasks that he then takes credit for.

I mean, that's a skill.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If this thread is about the crisis at the southern border, I agree; there is one. If it's about the moral fibre of this or that billionaire, I don't give a shit. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

He's a whackjob. On the spectrum. A master however, at hiring other people to accomplish complex tasks that he then takes credit for.

I mean, that's a skill.

Kinda like you and your hiring illegals at a substandard rate to mow your lawn, babysit your kids, cook your food, pick your lettuce and strawberries, clean your house, etc? thumbdown

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being wealthy as a businessman does not make his "opinions" on border control any more relevant than mine.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Being wealthy as a businessman does not make his "opinions" on border control any more relevant than mine.

Keep telling yourself that - that your fancies have the same bearing on the most influential man on the planet, oh it's delusional, but mostly harmless - wash your hands afterwards

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Electric cars ans space shit do not make him a foreign affairs expert. Apples and oranges. Idolize however you like, tho.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Intelligence and common sense are very different things.

Musk is undoubtedly clever but he does some very odd things.

I find his removal of the ability to report fake news on twitter very strange when it’s already the social media platform with the highest level of disinformation.

And calling a guy trying to rescue kids trapped in a flooded cave a peado …

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's his expertise on the border crises?

What makes his opinion on matters outside his expertise worth more than anyone else's? His money?

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Wow!

The man starts exposing how badly this administration has lied about the southern border and how they are allowing tens or thousands of illegals to flood through weekly and all this group can do is attack the messenger.

I own property down there. It is a disaster. Thank you Elon for publicly exposing it. No one may give a shit, as seen by the idiotic responses seen here, but thank you!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe you the border is a mess, but how has the administration lied? I don't see them trying to conceal the fact that Biden has opened the floodgates and is allowing anyone willy nilly to enter our country.

But what has Elon got to do with the problem? Is he donating a bit of his vast wealth toward the solving the problem?

If he's planning to vote for Trump, his poor judgment and morals automatically disqualify him from being convincing in my book.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow!

The man starts exposing how badly this administration has lied about the southern border and how they are allowing tens or thousands of illegals to flood through weekly and all this group can do is attack the messenger.

I own property down there. It is a disaster. Thank you Elon for publicly exposing it. No one may give a shit, as seen by the idiotic responses seen here, but thank you!

It was a secret? Must be the worlds worst kept one…

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I believe you the border is a mess, but how has the administration lied?

How many times have we heard Mlayorkas say the border is closed on national TV?

I don't see them trying to conceal the fact that Biden has opened the floodgates and is allowing anyone willy nilly to enter our country.

When asked they say: “The border is closed and the system is broken.” Both lies! The border is wide open and they just don’t like the current system.

But what has Elon got to do with the problem?

He is making X (Twitter) documentaries on how bad it actually is. Did you not watch the one in the OP!?

Is he donating a bit of his vast wealth toward the solving the problem?

He might would under a different administration. Right now he is funding documentation of how bad the current situation is.

If he's planning to vote for Trump, his poor judgment and morals automatically disqualify him from being convincing in my book.

He has not said he is. But I will add that anyone who doesn’t vote for the viable candidate against this administration HATES this country…that is how it goes down in MY book…FWIW.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't see them trying to conceal the fact that Biden has opened the floodgates and is allowing anyone willy nilly to enter our country.

When asked they say: “The border is closed and the system is broken.” Both lies! The border is wide open and they just don’t like the current system.

He is making X (Twitter) documentaries on how bad it actually is. Did you not watch the one in the OP!?

He might would under a different administration. Right now he is funding documentation of how bad the current situation is.

He has not said he is. But I will add that anyone who doesn’t vote for the viable candidate against this administration HATES this country…that is how it goes down in MY book…FWIW.

Come on....you don't really believe that the people who are going to vote against trump hate our country. Actually, we're trying to protect it because you're too wrapped up in the cult to be able to do it yourself.

You're welcome.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane's post is a perfect example of just how bat shit crazy the Trumpers really are.

We need a a guy who is a pathological liar, a serial adulterer, a fraud and a seditionist to save the country.

Just plain nuts.

Any viable candidate that can keep the orange buffoon out of office is the vote to save America.

It appears to me that anyone who votes for Trump has no respect for the principles this country was founded upon.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on....you don't really believe that the people who are going to vote against trump hate our country. Actually, we're trying to protect it because you're too wrapped up in the cult to be able to do it yourself.

You're welcome.

I didn’t stutter did I? I never mince words.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Lane's post is a perfect example of just how bat shit crazy the Trumpers really are.

We need a a guy who is a pathological liar, a serial adulterer, a fraud and a seditionist to save the country.

Just plain nuts.

Any viable candidate that can keep the orange buffoon out of office is the vote to save America.

It appears to me that anyone who votes for Trump has no respect for the principles this country was founded upon.

And you aid in the downfall of a once great nation by not being able to get over personal biases and see the big picture.

Do I like Trump? I like Don Jr. Have met and had conversation with him. Nice guy. I don’t know Trump Sr. from Adam. Probably would not like being around the man. I DO like his philosophies for the country…at least 80%.

The Democratic Party with there progressive wokism IS the downfall of the country. Anything to keep a (D) from the Executive Branch should be the mantra here.

I will vote against Trump in the Primary and for the Republican nominee in the General…as anyone with a lick of sense will.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just plain nuts.

And you aid in the downfall of a once great nation by not being able to get over personal biases and see the big picture.

Do I like Trump? I like Don Jr. Have met and had conversation with him. Nice guy. I don’t know Trump Sr. from Adam. Probably would not like being around the man. I DO like his philosophies for the country…at least 80%.

The Democratic Party with there progressive wokism IS the downfall of the country. Anything to keep a (D) from the Executive Branch should be the mantra here.

I will vote against Trump in the Primary and for the Republican nominee in the General…as anyone with a lick of sense will.

Bat shit crazy to vote for that seditionist. That is a man who is trying to undermine the very system our country was founded upon. I do indeed have a bias against a man who tried to steal the Presidential election, as should every American who loves this country.

Wokism is not the problem, Trumpism is.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why is it the folks who rail loudest against "wokeism" cannot define it?

Why is it most self-professed "Christians" who ignore that most of what they call "wokeism", care for others, consciousness of your impact on others, fair treatment for all, are the same things their Jesus is said to have preached?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You're welcome.

I didn’t stutter did I? I never mince words.

I agree. You say lots of stupid shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could add fascism to that "rail against" list Big Grin .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
You could add fascism to that "rail against" list Big Grin .

True enough, you could also add socialism and communism to the list. Wink

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
And what do you think Trump would/will do if he regains the WH which is so bad? Let’s stick to the following:

The border issue.

Weaponization of the various abc federal agencies against the non elites.

Ukraine and our proxy war with Russia.

Tell us how the evil Trump will handle these three issues at the peril of “democracy “.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
And what do you think Trump would/will do if he regains the WH which is so bad? Let’s stick to the following:

The border issue.

Tell us how the evil Trump will handle these three issues at the peril of “democracy “.

I saw enough of that evil son of a bitch his first term in office.

It would be hard to not improve on the current border situation but I'm not sure what Trump could when nearly 25% of the population of Venezuela has emigrated to avoid the catastrophic economic situation there.

That is nothing but Q-anon gibberish. The rat bastard should be prosecuted for his illegal behavior.

I think Trump would abandon Ukraine in heartbeat if it won him favor with Putin. The rat bastard only has his own interests at heart.

Trump is by far the biggest peril to Democracy to appear on the American political scene in my lifetime.

See the perfect phone to Raffensberger looking for votes as exhibit "A".

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

What makes his opinion on matters outside his expertise worth more than anyone else's? His money?

Hmm, let's see -- he actually went, without prep or "clean up" to an active border crossing site- as opposed to the "Border Czar". Has more ACTUAL international business experience than the "Border Czar". And has first hand experience in solving vastly complex problems, bringing experts to bear to resolve them.

"Outside his expertise "? Hmm, international business, complex problem solving, creative solutions, actually cares about legal immigration (he's been a citizen of three countries, having gone through the legal immigration process in two of those, built and ran several complex business, oh, and has a HUGE international following

oh, and NOT a career politician or diplomat

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are the good things about biden?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Hmm, let's see -- he actually went, without prep or "clean up" to an active border crossing site- as opposed to the "Border Czar". Has more ACTUAL international business experience than the "Border Czar". And has first hand experience in solving vastly complex problems, bringing experts to bear to resolve them.

"Outside his expertise "? Hmm, international business, complex problem solving, creative solutions, actually cares about legal immigration (he's been a citizen of three countries, having gone through the legal immigration process in two of those, built and ran several complex business, oh, and has a HUGE international following

oh, and NOT a career politician or diplomat

The guy who destroyed untold billions of Twitter value? Oh, yeah, Twitter doesn't make electric cars. He should stick to his expertise, which is NOT immigration control.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Why is it the folks who rail loudest against "wokeism" cannot define it?

Why is it most self-professed "Christians" who ignore that most of what they call "wokeism", care for others, consciousness of your impact on others, fair treatment for all, are the same things their Jesus is said to have preached?

This is the best definition of “woke” I know of.

quote:
Woke — an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) (aka: ebonics for awakened or being alert) first meaning"alert to racial prejudice and discrimination ". It arrived mid-20th century. Beginning in the 2010s, it came to encompass a broader definition encompassing liberal social issues such as critical race theory, sexism, the Black Lives Matter movement, defunding of law enforcement, and LGBTQ rights. It even went as far as labeling people who did not wear masks and did not want a Covid vaccine as public enemies. Wokism is anti-capitalism pro big government socialism.

Being “woke” has to do with the teachings of Jdsus.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wokism is not the problem, Trumpism is.

Trumpism = America first! Maybe with a bit of national pride. I am down with that!

And next time you don’t think you are nationalistic Steve…go back and read all your responses to Saeed when he rags on the USA. Yessir…you too are a nationalist as am I. And, I am glad you are.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, while Trump does at times espouse an America first position, he also is very clear that he is identifying with himself at the same time. He repeatedly did things when he had the office that showed he was Trump first and america/conservatism second if not third (after his family interests).

While I cannot support Biden and what he is doing, I can at least see why there are folks who support him over Trump. I disagree with them that Biden is materially superior, but Biden at least listens to his advisors and can contain himself somewhat which in 4 years of Trump, DJT never managed. Even now, Trump refuses to admit that his loss in 20 was because of his own poor performance. Did the democrats take advantage of the situation? Absolutely. But it was Trump’s administration that was in control.

He had a majority in both houses and squandered it on things and railed about things like in his base rather than performing as a leader and getting things done.

Would Reagan allowed the party to attack itself with cries of RINO or would he have unified behind the things we agree on?

Trump has supported some of the lousiest GOP candidates and facilitated the implosion of the party.

Frankly, if he wins, in 2 years he will be neutered and the GOP will be shattered as a national party.

Listening to the leftists here, that’s one of their goals.

As long as folks like you say things like vote other in the primaries but then ride for the brand, it’s handing the country to the leftists.

I think the polls saying trump can win are echo chamber garbage that serves the political class more than is accurate.

Until the GOP ditches Trump, while I remain conservative, I’m not giving them a dime and not supporting them by efforts.

The religious right has been driving the party, and they have sold the rest of us down the river for getting some marginal short term gains on abortion. It’s fractured the party and put the right in a minority position, even if abortion remains a bad choice, near as I can tell, numbers are still way up there. Did we win squat?

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe you the border is a mess, but how has the administration lied? I don't see them trying to conceal the fact that Biden has opened the floodgates and is allowing anyone willy nilly to enter our country.

Here you go - right from little alex's mouth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4CIeyntV4

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Lane, while Trump does at times espouse an America first position, he also is very clear that he is identifying with himself at the same time. He repeatedly did things when he had the office that showed he was Trump first and america/conservatism second if not third (after his family interests).

While I cannot support Biden and what he is doing, I can at least see why there are folks who support him over Trump. I disagree with them that Biden is materially superior, but Biden at least listens to his advisors and can contain himself somewhat which in 4 years of Trump, DJT never managed. Even now, Trump refuses to admit that his loss in 20 was because of his own poor performance. Did the democrats take advantage of the situation? Absolutely. But it was Trump’s administration that was in control.

He had a majority in both houses and squandered it on things and railed about things like in his base rather than performing as a leader and getting things done.

Would Reagan allowed the party to attack itself with cries of RINO or would he have unified behind the things we agree on?

Trump has supported some of the lousiest GOP candidates and facilitated the implosion of the party.

Frankly, if he wins, in 2 years he will be neutered and the GOP will be shattered as a national party.

Listening to the leftists here, that’s one of their goals.

As long as folks like you say things like vote other in the primaries but then ride for the brand, it’s handing the country to the leftists.

The bulk of your post…while I don’t totally agree…I can respect your opinion. Here…I disagree. The Democratic Party in the Executive Branch is the bane of the of the USA. If America is to be preserved…the (D) must be kept out of the Whitehouse. Vote the man in the Primary. Check the (R) box in the General…it is the only hope. The Southern Border SHOULD make that evident to all.

I think the polls saying trump can win are echo chamber garbage that serves the political class more than is accurate.

Until the GOP ditches Trump, while I remain conservative, I’m not giving them a dime and not supporting them by efforts.

The religious right has been driving the party, and they have sold the rest of us down the river for getting some marginal short term gains on abortion. It’s fractured the party and put the right in a minority position, even if abortion remains a bad choice, near as I can tell, numbers are still way up there. Did we win squat?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree that there are multiple things that are evident that show Joe Biden is not remotely a good fit as POTUS.

Trump had 4 years, and while some things he did were better, the trajectory of the nation’s government was not improving under him, rather the opposite.

Again, while I can see your logic and argument, what damage Biden can do with another 4 years pales in comparison to losing a viable opposition party to the Democrat Party… which is what Trump will do.

I’m not saying it’s the end of conservatism if Trump wins… but rather the GOP will be a cult of personality that has nothing to do with either conservatism or governance. It will become an appendage of a rather narcissistic man who will not subordinate himself to our traditional government role.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Time will tell.

Some polls suggest Trump may win the popular vote.

“If” that happens…your predictions won’t materialize as he will have a mandate and Congress will turn red on the coattails.

He will definitely carry the popular vote in TX and OK.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
PS: I will likely vote for DeSantis in the Primary but definitely not Trump.

But GLADLY…I will take Trump over the current.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to the original premise…

Musk is not a particularly good political mind. He was a democrat supporter until it became evident to him that the left would leave him for a whim.

Musk’s popularity with the electorate is pretty much based on the cult of popularity.

He’s neither stable, nor along the lines of an Isaac Newton, a genius.

He’s an excellent business leader, and while I appreciate his willingness to put his money where his mouth is, just because Musk says something doesn’t mean it’s so. He’s said some pretty dumb things over the years.

His value, in my mind, is that he points out to the left that they are losing some of their best and brightest due to overreach.

As an example (using Musk) their frenzy to get rid of Trump has blinded them to their old position on free speech.