Notify
Tools

The real story on the border presented by Elon Musk Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Don’t disagree.

I am not championing Elon.

I am championing his willingness to spend his money highlight the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Some polls suggest Trump may win the popular vote.

Lane, i respect you, heck, even like you, but I hope you are wrong and there's another choice

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Not my choice…but better than Biden. Maybe I can hunt my ranch in South Texas again with something other than an AR-10 with 2 50 round mags taped together and not bump into illegals daily.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time will tell.

“If” that happens…your predictions won’t materialize as he will have a mandate and Congress will turn red on the coattails.

He will definitely carry the popular vote in TX and OK.

He lost the popular vote by 3 million in 2016, by 7 million in 2020 and has since been indicted on 90+ criminal charges and found civilly liable for massive financial fraud and he's going to somehow win the popular vote?

What color is the sky in your world?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
There was a recent poll suggesting it possible.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There was a recent poll suggesting it possible.

Who'd they poll, you and bluefish?

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I believe you the border is a mess, but how has the administration lied? I don't see them trying to conceal the fact that Biden has opened the floodgates and is allowing anyone willy nilly to enter our country.

Here you go - right from little alex's mouth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu4CIeyntV4

You're right. He's lying his ass off.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lying piece of shit (Jeffeosso's video.) "The border is closed" my ass.

The border patrol have been ordered to help illegal cross the river and climb the bank. I saw news clips of them doing so. How's that for "closed"?

This is one issue Trump was better on than Biden. By detaining illegals, instead of busing them where they want to go, a message was sent that the border meant something.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So now we are back to the OP.

For those of you who don’t know anything about South Texas…in the short time Biden has been POTUS…he has wrecked it beyond recognition. It has become the smuggling capital of the world…human and drug. It is now a dangerous place.

But…make no mistake about it…the carnage is coming to a town near you…complements the Biden Administration.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a shame that the GOP nominee is a criminal, a seditionist, a compulsive liar, a serial adulterer, a fraud and more. Another viable option would be good come election time but that rat bastard Trump is not worthy of consideration.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just FYI…there is no nominee at this time.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just FYI…there is no nominee at this time.

I know that....It does not change the fact that the MAGA faithful will nominate him or the fact that Trump is not fit for office.

Just a shame what he has done to the GOP. Turned it from the party of Reagan to the party of ignorance. Simply terrible what he has done to politics in America.

By the by, I may be Patriotic but I am by no means a Nationalist.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

For those of you who don’t know anything about South Texas…in the short time Biden has been POTUS…he has wrecked it beyond recognition. It has become the smuggling capital of the world…human and drug. It is now a dangerous place.

But…make no mistake about it…the carnage is coming to a town near you…complements the Biden Administration.

Bullshit.

https://www.borderreport.com/n...d-safest-in-america/

https://myrgv.com/local-news/2...ontinues-to-decline/

https://www.axios.com/2020/12/...ties-safest-fbi-data

I'll be traveling to Brownsville, Texas to fish at South Padre island for a few days next week. I go every year.

Never a hint of the carnage of which Lane speaks. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and other than two drunks (young and white, I might add) getting in a fight at a local bar, I've never seen even a hint of trouble. No drug dealing, no human trafficking, no gun fights in the streets, no cartel hit men. Just friendly locals and tourists.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Bullshit.

I'll be traveling to Brownsville, Texas to fish at South Padre island for a few days next week. I go every year.

Never a hint of the carnage of which Lane speaks. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and other than two drunks (young and white, I might add) getting in a fight at a local bar, I've never seen even a hint of trouble. No drug dealing, no human trafficking, no gun fights in the streets, no cartel hit men. Just friendly locals and tourists.

Ask Hector or his cousin their opinions when you are fishing. Yeah I go down there and fish as well. I love South Texas. The cartels like tourists and tourism…good for money laundering. They own most of the resorts in Mexico. They know how to keep it visual for you guys.

Come bow hunting on my place near El Sauz and drive in to Rio Grande City for supper after dark. FM 3157 will get your attention when the sun ain’t shining.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Time will tell.

“If” that happens…your predictions won’t materialize as he will have a mandate and Congress will turn red on the coattails.

He will definitely carry the popular vote in TX and OK.

He lost the popular vote by 3 million in 2016, by 7 million in 2020 and has since been indicted on 90+ criminal charges and found civilly liable for massive financial fraud and he's going to somehow win the popular vote?

What color is the sky in your world?

Look up a very old DOS program named "ELECTOR", and give it a gander.
The authors spent a little time analyzing old election data and assembling a set of questions with likely outcomes.
As you might expect, they are heavy with economic issues, and they would not favor Biden.
That doesn't leave many other options, in our duopoly.

Hunter Thompson was spot-on. As long as we are willing to vote for the lesser of two evils, the evils will get worse...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

It doesn't fit Lane's narrative. It doesn't fit.....My sister lives a good piece South of Huntsville, she hasn't seen anything troubling. Not the border, but close enough. My daughter traveled to Brownsville and said it was a wonderful vacation. Not a hint of anything to worry her.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
South of Huntsville? Really pymple? Like what maybe Conroe??? animal

You're a moron....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Ask Hector or his cousin their opinions when you are fishing. Yeah I go down there and fish as well. I love South Texas. The cartels like tourists and tourism…good for money laundering. They own most of the resorts in Mexico. They know how to keep it visual for you guys.

Come bow hunting on my place near El Sauz and drive in to Rio Grande City for supper after dark. FM 3157 will get your attention when the sun ain’t shining.

I'm not saying there isn't a cartel crime problem in Mexico. Obviously, there is. Nor am I saying that there aren't plenty of undocumented folks moving north through the area where you hunt.

What I am saying is that the idea that the US side of the border is some wild-west free for all with rampant violence all over the place is nonsense. If you look at the reporting, the level of violent crime has gone down in the region in the past few years. In fact, El Paso and Laredo have been voted some of the safest cities in Texas. They are damn sure safer than where I live in terms of your chances of being the victim of a crime. At the hand of a US citizen, by the way.

I'll say what I always say: 99% of the illegals coming across the border are coming to work so they can take care of their families. They're not coming here to deal drugs, commit murders, or engage in human trafficking.

I know that doesn't fit with the Republican Boogie-Man narrative of these folks but it is undeniably true.

Carry on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

I'm not saying there isn't a cartel crime problem in Mexico. Obviously, there is. Nor am I saying that there aren't plenty of undocumented folks moving north through the area where you hunt.

What I am saying is that the idea that the US side of the border is some wild-west free for all with rampant violence all over the place is nonsense. If you look at the reporting, the level of violent crime has gone down in the region in the past few years. In fact, El Paso and Laredo have been voted some of the safest cities in Texas. They are damn sure safer than where I live in terms of your chances of being the victim of a crime. At the hand of a US citizen, by the way.

I'll say what I always say: 99% of the illegals coming across the border are coming to work so they can take care of their families. They're not coming here to deal drugs, commit murders, or engage in human trafficking.

I know that doesn't fit with the Republican Boogie-Man narrative of these folks but it is undeniably true.

Carry on.

You're dealing with people who think Portland and Seattle burned to the ground.

They live in a fact-free zone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With the numbers crossing, even 1% being criminals, murderers, drug or human traffickers, is a lot of them we dont need or want in the US. They are roaming freely here now.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of the liberals here would change their tune if their wife/son/daughter got mowed down or murdered by an illegal.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
South of Huntsville? Really pymple? Like what maybe Conroe??? animal

You're a moron....

Exactly!

It’s further from Huntsville to Brownsville than it is across the whole state of Iowa!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

Like I said…get Hector’s opinion.

It is damn unsafe in the rural areas along the border. Yeah, the cartels keep their neighborhoods (inner cities) low-key to keep the eyes off. I have counted over 100 human encounters on my ranch in a day…in the middle of nowhere. I won’t hardly drive FM 3157 at night any more and damn sure not without an AR-10 in the seat beside me. The sheriff of Starr County advises against night travel on that farm to market road.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

You're dealing with people who think Portland and Seattle burned to the ground.

They live in a fact-free zone.

Get Doug on here to tell us about how shops (his favorite watch shop) closed and left downtown Portland.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
My sister lives a good piece South of Huntsville, she hasn't seen anything troubling. Not the border, but close enough .

It's roughly 400 miles to the border from Huntsville - as Lane said, that more than all the way across Iowa -
Not
Even
Close

But, then again, some people have no idea the distances in Texas.

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

The guy who destroyed untold billions of Twitter value? Oh, yeah, Twitter doesn't make electric cars. He should stick to his expertise, which is NOT immigration control.

You do KNOW that when he took Twitter private, he bought ALL the shares, at a high premium, even the then unrealized stock options (this is due to a standard "change of ownership" clause is all stock options) --

But, if you can show me, on an audited and certified financial statement that he cost you a PENNY in loss from taking twitter private (not extra taxes), i'll lick your boots in public and give you a day to draw a crowd

quote:
Being wealthy as a businessman does not make his "opinions" on border control any more relevant than mine.

Revisiting this original post -
Elon didn't offer opinions - he was running a camera, asking questions, of the MAYOR Of Eagle Pass and a Sheriff further in -

The MAYOR's opinion was over 2k illegals came in though the area everyday -

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
me thinks
IOWA
is a good place for a couple of bus caravan loads

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

It is damn unsafe in the rural areas along the border. Yeah, the cartels keep their neighborhoods (inner cities) low-key to keep the eyes off. I have counted over 100 human encounters on my ranch in a day…in the middle of nowhere. I won’t hardly drive FM 3157 at night any more and damn sure not without an AR-10 in the seat beside me. The sheriff of Starr County advises against night travel on that farm to market road.

Provide me with some sort of an example of a violent or serious or any crime attributable to undocumented immigrants on FM 3157. And, I take it that none of your claimed "100 human encounters" on your ranch resulted in you being robbed, assaulted, or in any way harmed? The way you describe the area, I would have thought you would have been abducted and murdered. No?

So, where is the carnage and danger you harp about?

It's in your fevered imagination.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

Provide me with some sort of an example of a violent or serious or any crime attributable to undocumented immigrants on FM 3157.

There have been numerous incidents where white girls have been attempted to be run of the road presumably by cartel members. And their have been car jackings.

And, I take it that none of your claimed "100 human encounters" on your ranch resulted in you being robbed, assaulted, or in any way harmed?

No because I go nowhere down there without an AR-10 slung on my shoulder or saddle. I have had numerous confrontations and we certainly can’t leave a camp or anything of value in any building. We don’t even lock buildings now because the doors will be damaged. The Hispanic Texas families that work for me there discourage me from coming down and want their kids to move north.

The way you describe the area, I would have thought you would have been abducted and murdered. No?

A good friend’s (fellow equine surgeon) family ranches south of Tucson…similar area to our El Sauz Ranch. His brother was working on a windmill and witnessed some sort of cartel activity. They abducted him, duct taped him up, threw him in the back of a truck, and hauled him down in the Chihuahua desert. They stopped and one told another to throw him out and shoot him. For some reason he didn’t and they drove off and left him. An old Mexican man with a burro loaded with water bags found him, untaped him and got him a ride back to Agua Prieta.

All white families in the area along 3167 don’t let their daughters go anywhere along that road at night. The local people are very cautious. It is night and day different than it was even a few years ago. When I was a kid…it was the safest place in the world.

You have no idea. Ask Hector how important it is to stay away from Mexican water if you go offshore.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

Provide me with some sort of an example of a violent or serious or any crime attributable to undocumented immigrants on FM 3157.

There have been numerous incidents where white girls have been attempted to be run of the road presumably by cartel members. And their have been car jackings.

And, I take it that none of your claimed "100 human encounters" on your ranch resulted in you being robbed, assaulted, or in any way harmed?

No because I go nowhere down there without an AR-10 slung on my shoulder or saddle. I have had numerous confrontations and we certainly can’t leave a camp or anything of value in any building. We don’t even lock buildings now because the doors will be damaged. The Hispanic Texas families that work for me there discourage me from coming down and want their kids to move north.

The way you describe the area, I would have thought you would have been abducted and murdered. No?

A good friend’s (fellow equine surgeon) family ranches south of Tucson…similar area to our El Sauz Ranch. His brother was working on a windmill and witnessed some sort of cartel activity. They abducted him, duct taped him up, threw him in the back of a truck, and hauled him down in the Chihuahua desert. They stopped and one told another to throw him out and shoot him. For some reason he didn’t and they drove off and left him. An old Mexican man with a burro loaded with water bags found him, untaped him and got him a ride back to Agua Prieta.

All white families in the area along 3167 don’t let their daughters go anywhere along that road at night. The local people are very cautious. It is night and day different than it was even a few years ago. When I was a kid…it was the safest place in the world.

You have no idea. Ask Hector how important it is to stay away from Mexican water if you go offshore.

Numerous instances of "white girls" being run off the road by cartel members?

I can picture that: several members of a Mexican cartel, driving north in a vehicle loaded with felony weight narcotics but when they see a carload of "white girls", they decide it's a good idea to run them off the road. You know, so the DPS and the Border Patrol and the DEA and local law enforcement start looking for them. cuckoo

You are nuts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, you're saying that a family rich enough to own a ranch south of Tucson had a family member who is an American citizen kidnapped on the US side of the border, abducted, taken across the border, threatened and left for dead? By Mexican cartel members?

And, there wasn't one peep of reporting about this event in the national, local or conservative whackjob media?

Do you hear yourself? You sound delusional and paranoid.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

I can picture that: several members of a Mexican cartel, driving north in a vehicle loaded with felony weight narcotics but when they see a carload of "white girls", they decide it's a good idea to run them off the road. You know, so the DPS and the Border Patrol and the DEA and local law enforcement start looking for them. cuckoo

You are nuts.

They are back haul my friend…driving south.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So, you're saying that a family rich enough to own a ranch south of Tucson had a family member who is an American citizen kidnapped on the US side of the border, abducted, taken across the border, threatened and left for dead? By Mexican cartel members?

And, there wasn't one peep of reporting about this event in the national, local or conservative whackjob media?

Do you hear yourself? You sound delusional and paranoid.

The above story is 100% the truth. The brother is even a surgeon at TAMU or was…he recently retired.

Rich??? You have a skewed view of ranchers. They owned about a 1000 acres of deeded land where land cost about $250/acre when they bought it and ran cattle on BLM leases. Rough old way to make a living and no one was wealthy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bullshit.

Carry on.

You are nuts.

They are back haul my friend…driving south.

Mike Mitchell is a good example of why things have gotten so bad on the border. His fishing guide will tell him the same as I. I just hope a few of you listen.

The border is out of control. The Mexican Drug cartels own the southern border (and Saeed gives us shit about cave dwellers in Afghanistan — because he has a point). Let me repeat! We are supposedly the globe’s ultimate superpower and Mexican Drug Cartels own our southern border.

Face up to it…or be like Mike and ignore a cancer right under your nose.

Besides what is going on in South Texas where many of you can’t relate…fentanyl is killing record numbers of Americans. Granted, I could give a shit less about the 21 and overs…but it kills unsuspecting kids as well. The kids…I care deeply about.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rabbithabit:
What are the good things about biden?

animal

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He was a democrat supporter until it became evident to him that the left would leave him for a whim.

Sounds like Ronald Reagan..........

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Weird -- it's almost like Lane, Elon, and I have been right all along -- WEIRD

quote:
Mayorkas cites ‘immediate need’ to waive regulations, build border wall in Texas as immigration surges ....
"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas pursuant to sections 102(a) and 102(b) of [the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996]," Mayorkas said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...s-immigration-surges

I didn't know little Alex was a Dino all along
quote:
DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is citing an "acute and immediate need" to waive dozens of federal laws in order to build a border wall in south Texas where illegal migration has surged, a sharp contrast to dismissals of the use of such barriers in the early days of the administration. ....
"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas pursuant to sections 102(a) and 102(b) of [the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996]," Mayorkas said.

quote:
Well, we want them to have a limit on who can come across the border. It is too open right now," NY Gov. Kathy Hochul said on Sunday. "People coming from all over the world are finding their way through simply saying they need asylum

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas is citing an "acute and immediate need" to waive dozens of federal laws in order to build a border wall in south Texas where illegal migration has surged, a sharp contrast to dismissals of the use of such barriers in the early days of the administration. ....

Already done. The Biden administration waived 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in South Texas

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need a funding package to hire more Administrative Law Judges to address the deportation caseload,

If you want a law, pass it and find it.

We need more border patrol agents with drone, fast access teams, and infrared equipment to locate and make contact.

We need to address the hiring of undocumented workers by everyone from farmers to the Hiltons. Strong punishment and enforcement.

We need to address a path to legal status w a path to citizenship for those already here. No one is deportation g 80 something million people.

My suggestion to that end is a permit work visa after vetting. Those who joking the military for a 4 year year contract receive citizenship at the completion of said contract. Or those who maintain the work status for 6 years qualify to be naturalized pursuant to te test already in place.

I would pressure Congress for strong economic Mexico; including suspending all migration from Mexico, until Mexico meets goals for border security on their side.

The problem w that is the clothing and automobile industry that would make the average citizen scream. However, that is the only way short of military action to pressure Mexico.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tell me Dr. Easter or Jtex, why did the 2016-2018 Republican controlled House, Filibuster proof Republican Controlled Senate, and President Trump in the White House not pass any meaningful immigration/border measures.

They ran on border security. Dems could not stop them. No one to veto legislative action i the White House, control in the House, and a Filibuster Senate.

Complaining about it during an election is not policy.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote