New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sen. Joe Lieberman has died Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.politico.com/news/...-nominee-obit-033980

A intellectually honest, public servant.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
A solid public servant. Respected from both sides of the aisle. Someone focused on action, not sound bites. Not many of those running around these days. We could use a new generation of Senator Lieberman's.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I frequently disagreed with Lieberman, never disrespected Lieberman.
When his party disowned him, he won re-election on his own. A good man.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad guy. Basically disagreed with him but I think his heart was pure.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
He had one thing sorely lacking in politics these days . . . character.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not much to disagree with going ahead and passing Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA). It is now Federal law pursuant to the Supreme Court.

He was a strong opponent of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and time again has proven him correct.

Lieberman said that as president he would "follow a policy that makes abortion safe, rare and legal." Again, as we have seen in states like Texas, he was correct.

Lieberman was also voted for tort reform for those who need that in their lives. I disagree, but cannot say the position was not based on conviction. I really cannot complain about the Federal, Class Action Fairness Act.

Strong supporter of the Death Penalty.

A decent school choice plan as instead of funding going to schools. The funding went to parents to use on education. I can get behind that so long as the parents cannot spend it on anything else. That was unsuccessful. Of course, he was critical of post-secondary education following 9/11.

Liberian was critical to the Gang of 14 Democrats who sought compromise when in the minority that kept Republicans from implementing the Nuclear Option on judicial nominations. How times changed so men like him.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
One of the last good elected people that were an actual statesman. salute

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27596 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote