Find
Notify
Tools

Immigration Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Supply & demand. Take away the demand & the supply dries up. These people come here looking for work as they know US businesses do & will hire them. No different than drugs. The drug trade exists because Americans want it. It's not rocket science. You cannot dry it up as long as the demand is there. The source of the problem is North of the border.

Stupid circular argument!

If drugs weren't available "americans" wouldnt have them....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure. Drugs can only come from somewhere else Roll Eyes What a moron.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

By wymple's logic, its YOUR fault you got robbed/mugged/carjacked for having the SUPPLY thereby causing the DEMAND for the criminal to take your stuff ...

hey there, close enough, criminals are gunna criminal

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Stupid circular argument!

A lot of pot is grown here, we don't actually need imports.
Oil is another matter...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14384 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Neither the Dems nor the Reps are interested in solving the border crisis.
They share the same objective just have different motivations.
Just another in the long list of ways both major parties have failed the country.

Democrat social workers and Republican farmers all need them.
I remember busloads in a West Virginia orchard in the late 1960s, doubt that much has changed since, red-state or not.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14384 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
OK, well all I am asking is for somebody to explain to me what the "crisis" is?

"Crisis" to me means some sort of life or death threat...a situation that poses some existential danger to my well-being

1) terrorists entering the country
2) fentanyl
3) diseases (resurgence of resistant TB as one example)
4) overwhelming use of citizen’s resources like emergency rooms for their primary care
5) overuse of infrastructure from a population explosion that was rapid and unanticipated (not to mention paid for by citizens)

What terrorists? Cite me something. Even if there was some sort of statistical support for the assertion, it could have happened anytime in the last 30 years. You know, back when you were voting for Shrub and he was courting the hispanic vote. The last time terrorists came into the country and killed a bunch of Americans, they didn't come from Mexico.

You mean the illegal fentanyl that US citizens want to consume thereby creating a financial incentive for smuggling? Whose fault is that? American drug users? American drug laws?

God, Lane there is something wrong with you. The folks coming from south are diseased? More Hitler anti-semite rationalization shit.

Cite me some stats on who uses ER's for their primary care. Any US citizens in there? Like the 25% who use the ER as their primary care physicians?

Schools maybe I'll give you but I dunno. I live in Dallas with a huge hispanic population. Many many illegals. I haven't seen the stories that support this "crisis" from your imagination.

Why do you all hate these people so much? They're immigrants. Just like all our ancestors were at some point.

It's about racism. They're brown and they don't speak English. Yet.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Gotta disagree. It has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with a country controlling its borders and controlling what immigrants are allowed in under what conditions. Is the country’s ability to absorb immigrants unlimited? Of course not. So if our ability to absorb immigrants is limited why do we want to allow the poorest and least educated to immigrate? Has nothing to do with racism. If that were the case then every other country that actually controls their borders is a racist country which is absolutely false.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta disagree. It has nothing to do with racism. It has to do with a country controlling its borders and controlling what immigrants are allowed in under what conditions. Is the country’s ability to absorb immigrants unlimited? Of course not. So if our ability to absorb immigrants is limited why do we want to allow the poorest and least educated to immigrate? Has nothing to do with racism. If that were the case then every other country that actually controls their borders is a racist country which is absolutely false.

Well, Mike...why isn't our country's ability to absorb these folks unlimited when we have been absorbing them without a whole lot of problems for decades now? they come, they get jobs, they work.

I've asked you multiple times. Tell me. What's the horrible crisis that is going to ensue?

Other than trump getting elected again because your party is racist and this is a dog-whistle issue for them?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I completely don't get it.

All of us here have and do paste a dumb grin on our face and line up like sheep to cross the border and abide by their rules into Canada, Europe, Africa yes Latin America and on.

Why shouldn't they?

Hell Man, I'd love to immigrate to Norway or Finland, Switzerland or Angola, Argentina or Australia or New Zealand tomorrow, but I don't have the means at the moment to legally and comfortably do so, and so I don't force it. Isn't that the right thing to do?

Just at face value it's the right thing to do: secure the border. We shouldn't wait for an Islamic terrorist attack across the border to do something, being proactive is much better than reactive. Why should we wait for an outbreak of Third World disease in America before closing the border? Head it off beforehand.

It just doesn't make sense to allow tens of thousands over the border and in and then say way after the fact, "now what?".

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

All of us here have and do paste a dumb grin on our face and line up like sheep to cross the border and abide by their rules into Canada, Europe, Africa yes Latin America and on.

Why shouldn't they?

Hell Man, I'd love to immigrate to Norway or Finland, Switzerland or Angola, Argentina or Australia or New Zealand tomorrow, but I don't have the means at the moment to legally and comfortably do so, and so I don't force it. Isn't that the right thing to do?

Just at face value it's the right thing to do: secure the border. We shouldn't wait for an Islamic terrorist attack across the border to do something, being proactive is much better than reactive. Why should we wait for an outbreak of Third World disease in America before closing the border? Head it off beforehand.

It just doesn't make sense to allow tens of thousands over the border and in and then say way after the fact, "now what?".

I'll try again: does anybody really think that if Islamic terrorists wanted to cross the southern border that they would be dissuaded by a wall or increased border security efforts? It's 2,000 miles of largely desolate area.

Talk to Israel.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Why shouldn't they?

I'll try again: does anybody really think that if Islamic terrorists wanted to cross the southern border that they would be dissuaded by a wall or increased border security efforts? It's 2,000 miles of largely desolate area.

Talk to Israel.

I hear you, but you are saying no effort is better than some effort? Give up you are saying?

Damn Man, I'm just about a full on Pacifist, but I'd sure rather see America invade, colonize and make Mexico out 51st state rather than fool around in Iraq or the ukraine.

Israel should do the same with The West Bank and Gaza.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Should countries have borders and regulate who is allowed in, when and how long they can stay?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why shouldn't they?

Talk to Israel.

I hear you, but you are saying no effort is better than some effort? Give up you are saying?

Damn Man, I'm just about a full on Pacifist, but I'd sure rather see America invade, colonize and make Mexico out 51st state rather than fool around in Iraq or the ukraine.

Of course not. What I am saying is that the current efforts of the folks on here to try to tie border control to control of terrorism is largely bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should countries have borders and regulate who is allowed in, when and how long they can stay?

I suppose. When was the last time you were in Europe and how border control is handled there? People move freely across borders and there aren't any problems.

And, I missed your response about the dire consequences of allowing workers who want to work coming into the US?

You know, like I always quack about. People to build housing, pick crops, build roads, servers in restaurants, mowing lawns, landscaping. Stuff like that. Shit American workers won't do.

Do you really live in Texas?

I aint an idiot like Lane, Jines.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why shouldn't they?

Talk to Israel.

Of course not. What I am saying is that the current efforts of the folks on here to try to tie border control to control of terrorism is largely bullshit.

Then secure the border. Let in whoever you want, you would know better than I and we certainly have the same interests, but secure the border. Let in who you want and don't let in who you don't want. At least give yourself a choice or give yourself some responsibility.

"I dunno what's going on!" doesn't seem like a successful path.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll try once more:

All these people trying to come into the US are trying to come into the US for the same reason that every single one of us who live in the US are here: we, or our relatives, came to make our families lives better. That's why they come. Same reason our forbears came.

Why can't you people understand that and embrace it?

We ought to be proud of it rather than bitching about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Why shouldn't they?

Talk to Israel.

Then secure the border. Let in whoever you want, you would know better than I and we certainly have the same interests, but secure the border. Let in who you want and don't let in who you don't want. At least give yourself a choice or give yourself some responsibility.

"I dunno what's going on!" doesn't seem like a successful path.

And, you tell me how to secure the border rather than just assigning responsibility to me. I have no idea. Which is part of my point. Build a giant 2000 mile wall, I guess.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
So we should allow anyone in the world that wants to come into the US to immigrate regardless of how many want to come and where they are coming from so long as they are looking for a better life than where they are coming from? Come one, come all?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we should allow anyone in the world that wants to come into the US to immigrate regardless of how many want to come and where they are coming from so long as they are looking for a better life than where they are coming from? Come one, come all?

That is literally why people have come since before there was a United States, including everyone you are related to or descended from.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MJines:
So we should allow anyone in the world that wants to come into the US to immigrate regardless of how many want to come and where they are coming from so long as they are looking for a better life than where they are coming from? Come one, come all?[/QUOTE

Well, Mike. No. People on the terrorist list should be excluded. Felons. Some misdemeanor convictions. Who else would you exclude? Anybody that's not white?

Mike. diggin

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Who would I exclude? I would have a rational immigration policy. I would secure the border. I would establish reasonable limits on the number of people allowed to immigrate annually. I would establish a way to prioritize those allowed to immigrate based on education, ability to support themselves, trades, skills or professions, etc. Anyone else would be excluded. Basically do straightforward things that every industrialize country and many third world countries do with their immigration policies.

You embarrass yourself trying to paint this as a racial issue. Particularly with someone like me whose views on such matters are well known.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who would I exclude? I would have a rational immigration policy. I would secure the border. I would establish reasonable limits on the number of people allowed to immigrate annually. I would establish a way to prioritize those allowed to immigrate based on education, ability to support themselves, trades, skills or professions, etc. Anyone else would be excluded. Basically do straightforward things that every industrialize country and many third world countries do with their immigration policies.

You embarrass yourself trying to paint this as a racial issue. Particularly with someone like me whose views on such matters are well known.

So, 90% of the people trying to cross the border would be prevented from crossing the border under your policy. Benevolent.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Obviously not, according to lil mikey. Borders are just imaginary lines on a map with no application in the real world cuckoo 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
So we should allow anyone in the world that wants to come into the US to immigrate regardless of how many want to come and where they are coming from so long as they are looking for a better life than where they are coming from? Come one, come all?[/QUOTE

Well, Mike. No. People on the terrorist list should be excluded. Felons. Some misdemeanor convictions. Who else would you exclude? Anybody that's not white?

Mike. diggin

How do you exclude those exceptions if you don’t control the border? Any great ideas? animal

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What about asylum seekers we are obligated by Law and Treaty to consider?

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:

Mike. diggin

How do you exclude those exceptions if you don’t control the border? Any great ideas? animal

As I said. No. But, I am waiting for yours.

It's going to be the 2024 issue and nobody can explain to me what it is? What's the effect of immigration on the average American?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You pose it as a security issue but no facts.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Are you for or against the FBI today? Wray was before Congress in the last few weeks testifying how big a threat the wide open southern border was for terrorism.

Yes the CDC credits illegal immigrants for the surge in resistant TB.

Yes they are a strain on internal resources paid for by the current taxpayer.

Yes the cartels traffic human beings.

Fentanyl is killing kids that know no better.

No…there is not unlimited room…there is a finite capacity of any space.

If you want to live in Europe…by all means please move there.

Mitchell’s comments have become so ridiculous that rational discussion is really not possible here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would consider asylum requests on a country specific basis. If you come from a country with a strong history of systemic human rights issues and political persecution, asylum requests may be considered. I would not allow “asylum” to become some buzzword that allows someone from a country with economic and other issues that someone wants to escape but without a demonstrated history of systemic and serious political persecution to evade the normal immigration process. Hey, feel free to argue til your blue in the face that the immigration system is not broken, but just like most reasonable people can appreciate that Trump is a turd, most reasonable people can also see that the existing immigration system is deeply flawed.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would consider asylum requests on a country specific basis. If you come from a country with a strong history of systemic human rights issues and political persecution, asylum requests may be considered. I would not allow “asylum” to become some buzzword that allows someone from a country with economic and other issues that someone wants to escape but without a demonstrated history of systemic and serious political persecution to evade the normal immigration process. Hey, feel free to argue til your blue in the face that the immigration system is not broken, but just like most reasonable people can appreciate that Trump is a turd, most reasonable people can also see that the existing immigration system is deeply flawed.

And every attempt to fix some of the flaws is blocked by Republicans who need a crisis for political reasons, even if inaction allows your terrorists in.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I already said both sides are guilty of screwing the immigration policy pooch, just like both parties are guilty of fiscal irresponsibility. I think those that try to paint issues like these as Dem or Rep failings are the ones being disingenuous.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

By wymple's logic, its YOUR fault you got robbed/mugged/carjacked for having the SUPPLY thereby causing the DEMAND for the criminal to take your stuff ...

hey there, close enough, criminals are gunna criminal

False equivalency, and not even a good attempt.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike,
Are you for or against the FBI today? Wray was before Congress in the last few weeks testifying how big a threat the wide open southern border was for terrorism.

Mitchell’s comments have become so ridiculous that rational discussion is really not possible here.

1. Suddenly, you are a fan of the FBI? Unless they are investigating your boy. Laughable.

2. How much TB? When? Dangerous to our population? Did some have the flu too? Cite me something about how dangerous immigrants and TB have been.

3. They are a strain on taxpayer resources to some extent as we have discussed, and I have acknowledged. Then, they get jobs and support themselves and their families.

4. Yes, the cartels traffic human beings. Which has what to do with our discussion? The worker who is building your house or road has what to do with that?

5. Fentanyl kills. What does that have to do with what we are talking about? You think the folks coming from Mexico deal Fentanyl? I guess the Fentanyl business isn't as good as I have heard. If it was, why would these folks be coming across the border to bus our tables?

6. We got plenty of room.

7. I love Europe. But, I like Texas better.

If you don't think you can respond to my comments Lane, then don't. You probably shouldn/t anyway unless you can come up with something better than this fucking nonsensical bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I already said both sides are guilty of screwing the immigration policy pooch, just like both parties are guilty of fiscal irresponsibility. I think those that try to paint issues like these as Dem or Rep failings are the ones being disingenuous.

Mike, explain to me why letting these people in to work is a bad thing? Not high value workers. Manual labor.

I keep asking but nobody answers.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So, 90% of the people trying to cross the border would be prevented from crossing the border under your policy. Benevolent.

That sounds like a secured border with an enforced migration policy.

Asylum seekers should have to apply in country of origin where U.S. has an embassy presence. This makes room for the Cubas of the works where the U.S. has no presence.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can I just ask again....all our friends that want to enforce the border.

So, how about ICE starts inspecting work locations for illegal workers? And starts citing employers who hire illegal workers? I could take ICE to ten locations in the DFW area today where homes are being built by undocumented immigrants. Just by driving around North Dallas.

Long silence.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am fine with ICE raiding employers to identify and detain illegal aliens and sanction employers.

Appears we have a philosophical difference of opinion. I believe countries should have borders. I believe countries should control their borders and access across those borders. I believe immigration should not be and cannot be unlimited. I believe that just because someone has a tough situation in their home country and wants to come to the US that is not a viable reason to immigrate. I believe that the US should prioritize immigration focusing on immigrants that are educated, financially stable, possessing needed skills or training, etc. I believe that any immigrant guilty of a crime, unable or unwilling to support themself or their families should be deported. I do not believe that the US should become the repository of the world’s poor and uneducated, we have enough of that to deal with as it is without doubling down on it. Pretty sure my beliefs are reflective of those shared by a majority of Americans.

Oh, and I do not need a history lesson on the US and immigration and what happened or took place a century ago with immigration. My belief is that the country’s situation, and the world situation, are materially different today than at the turn of the last century. What made sense as an immigration policy then, is not the solution today.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with ICE or a new division of CBP so auditing employers, and having employers maintain identification of citizenship (birth certificate, state issued id, a copy of SSN) or work visa for employees.

Make it a crime to disburse that info and a fine 10 percent of gross profits for hiring undocumented migrants.

We can talk about any exceptions such as less than 5 employees, but no exception for independent contractors over 3. We force employers/general contractors to insure their Independent Contractors have comp insurance or pay for it.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am fine with ICE raiding employers to identify and detain illegal aliens and sanction employers.

Appears we have a philosophical difference of opinion. I believe countries should have borders. I believe countries should control their borders and access across those borders. I believe immigration should not be and cannot be unlimited. I believe that just because someone has a tough situation in their home country and wants to come to the US that is not a viable reason to immigrate. I believe that the US should prioritize immigration focusing on immigrants that are educated, financially stable, possessing needed skills or training, etc. I believe that any immigrant guilty of a crime, unable or unwilling to support themself or their families should be deported. I do not believe that the US should become the repository of the world’s poor and uneducated, we have enough of that to deal with as it is without doubling down on it. Pretty sure my beliefs are reflective of those shared by a majority of Americans.

Oh, and I do not need a history lesson on the US and immigration and what happened or took place a century ago with immigration. My belief is that the country’s situation, and the world situation, are materially different today than at the turn of the last century. What made sense as an immigration policy then, is not the solution today.

I share your philosophical differences with Mike.

All of these illegal immigrants share one feature: their first act in setting foot in our country is to break our law. How can you think they'll respect the rest of our laws, if they are rewarded the first time?

What about the effect of ignoring immigration law on on general respect for the law in our citizens and lawful residents?

Biden is going to blow the election over his inept handling of illegal immigration.

Send them home!

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Mike,

1. Suddenly, you are a fan of the FBI? Unless they are investigating your boy. Laughable.

So you don’t believe the FBI? Or just when they say the terror threat is higher than it ever has been due to the open southern border?

2. How much TB? When? Dangerous to our population? Did some have the flu too? Cite me something about how dangerous immigrants and TB have been.

Biden’s open borders are bringing contagious diseases to your neighborhood

While rare in the USA in 2015…TB infects about 1/3 of the global population

3. They are a strain on taxpayer resources to some extent as we have discussed, and I have acknowledged. Then, they get jobs and support themselves and their families.

I admit they work and am in agreement that we should give them work permits with tax ID numbers. But…the burdens on resources never goes away and their increasing burden always exceeds resource development. I listened to the (D) Mayor of Eagle Pass lament on this subject yesterday…asking for border control.

4. Yes, the cartels traffic human beings. Which has what to do with our discussion? The worker who is building your house or road has what to do with that?

It has to do with lack of border control.

5. Fentanyl kills. What does that have to do with what we are talking about? You think the folks coming from Mexico deal Fentanyl? I guess the Fentanyl business isn't as good as I have heard. If it was, why would these folks be coming across the border to bus our tables?

Fentanyl is assembled in Mexico but the market is in the USA (due to the liberal induced decline of our country). Stopping it starts at the border. IE: strong border control

6. We got plenty of room.

This is the problem you don’t see it. You live in the city where expansion happens away from you. You get up every day and see the same old shit you have seen for the last decade. I live in rural Texas where I see the lessening of space on a yearly basis and it is happening exponentially now. Space is ‘finite’…we don’t have plenty. I has changed unbelievablely in just the last few years.

7. I love Europe. But, I like Texas better.

If you don't think you can respond to my comments Lane, then don't. You probably shouldn/t anyway unless you can come up with something better than this fucking nonsensical bullshit.

You have really shown your true colors in this thread Mike. “You” are partly responsible for the decline of the USA. Your thought process (using the phrase liberally) is absolutely ridiculous, idiotic, and anti-USA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote