Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Immigration Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
It is clearly the most important issue to trump voters?

Wondering why? What will happen?

Specifically. How is it bad? If we just let them all in so they can work?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Because Mr Babe-In-The-Woods they predominantly go on welfare and stay there and make up another voting bloc for the Democratic Party. Your Pollyanna gig is up.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, there you go. Bluefish never fails to say the dumbest shit possible.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
My view on immigration. The country has to control its borders. Every country does. And no country allows anyone and everyone wishing to settle there to do so. If we have so many people anxious to come to the US, let’s set quotas and take the best and brightest, focus on trades and skills we are short of. How do we serve the interests of the country to allow the poorest and least educated to immigrate? That may sound lofty and nice, but it does little to advance the national interest. That is going forward. For those already here, we have to establish a path to citizenship (being productively engaged, paying taxes, being law abiding). We are not deporting the millions of illegals already here.

Mike

Posts: 21237 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
How are they going to work? What are they going to do? Where are they going to live? How are they going to make the transition? What do we (current US citizens) get out of the deal? Is it going to go on forever until there is no space left? Where are the internal resources going to come from to support them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
My view on immigration. The country has to control its borders. Every country does. And no country allows anyone and everyone wishing to settle there to do so. If we have so many people anxious to come to the US, let’s set quotas and take the best and brightest, focus on trades and skills we are short of. How do we serve the interests of the country to allow the poorest and least educated immigrate? That may sound lofty and nice, but it does little to advance the national interest. That is going forward.

100%^^^ clap

For those already here, we have to establish a path to citizenship

Why? Why not just give them work visas and IDs and let work?

(being productively engaged, paying taxes, being law abiding).

That^^^should just buy them the privilege of staying.

We are not deporting the millions of illegals already here.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My view on immigration. The country has to control its borders. Every country does. And no country allows anyone and everyone wishing to settle there to do so. If we have so many people anxious to come to the US, let’s set quotas and take the best and brightest, focus on trades and skills we are short of. How do we serve the interests of the country to allow the poorest and least educated to immigrate? That may sound lofty and nice, but it does little to advance the national interest. That is going forward. For those already here, we have to establish a path to citizenship (being productively engaged, paying taxes, being law abiding). We are not deporting the millions of illegals already here.

I agree 100 percent. I would seek trade restrictions on Mexico for failure to police its side of the border or not meet quotas of non Mexican nationals that cross into the U.S. through Mexico.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, Abbott deployed 10,000 National Guard to the border, put drowning devices in the Rio Grande, pushed through a Law that let's every cop play immigration agent, yet there's still a "crisis" in Texas?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Because Mr Babe-In-The-Woods they predominantly go on welfare and stay there and make up another voting bloc for the Democratic Party. Your Pollyanna gig is up.

Most "welfare" requires a valid Social Security Number and undocumented people cannot vote in any but a few local elections, no Federal, by law.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even the considered “left leaning” media such as MSNBC” is in agreement there is a crisis.

Now, does Texas have the constitutional authority to regulate migration? No.

Died the GOP like to run its mouth for years about the border to get donations and votes wo advancing any legislative solutions? Yes.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
It is clearly the most important issue to trump voters?

Wondering why? What will happen?

Specifically. How is it bad? If we just let them all in so they can work?

Theres just no downside to controlling our borders.

We all know I don't know what I'm talking about but I am just certain the Islamic Terrorists are gonna attack us using our open border.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

I agree 100 percent. I would seek trade restrictions on Mexico for failure to police its side of the border or not meet quotas of non Mexican nationals that cross into the U.S. through Mexico.

Why blame Mexico?

They come THROUGH YOUR BORDER IMMIGRATION!

You don’t have a permit.

NO ENTRY!

Simple and IT WORKS!

Have a big sign saying THOSE WITH VISA’s and ENTRY PERMITS this line.

NO VISA, NO ENTRY PERMIT, STAY IN MEXICO! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of these current illegal immigrants seem to be poor, uneducated, unskilled--low-quality immigrants, to be honest. We should discourage and deport such people. It's going to be a big task, especially after Biden encouraged them to come. We better get started at some large scale deportations.

The kind of people we ought to encourage to immigrate are those with independent wealth, education, needed skills, or other assets to our country.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do we serve the interests of the country to allow the poorest and least educated to immigrate?

The elephant in the room just keeps getting fatter. Nobody in this country wants to work manual labor in the fields and orchards, packing plants, out in the hot sun on roofs, etc. Limiting immigration to people with higher levels of skills will never address that. I know a hell of a lot of people over the years that just plain consider themselves and their offspring to be above that. Slightly related, I've always been amazed at people who bash on unions ruining this country while bragging about the great job and money THEIR kid has working for John Deere, etc.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nobody in this country wants to work manual labor in the fields and orchards, packing plants, out in the hot sun on roofs, etc. Limiting immigration to people with higher levels of skills will never address that.

Neither will these new immigrants once they realize they don't have to.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which part is untrue?
I don’t need to debate these points because they are facts. Massachusetts for example is handing out driving licenses to illegals. You can vote with your DL in Mass these days. Illegals are getting housing preferences here over poor legal residents. Why? They are here illegally.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
quote:

Which part is untrue?
I don’t need to debate these points because they are facts. Massachusetts for example is handing out driving licenses to illegals. You can vote with your DL in Mass these days. Illegals are getting housing preferences here over poor legal residents. Why? They are here illegally.

And MA has a mayor who holds parties for non whites!

Bloody RACIST in every sense of the word! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67006 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Why blame Mexico?

You don’t have a permit.

NO ENTRY!

Simple and IT WORKS!

Exactly. It ain’t rocket science.

The fact that we are treating our border and these people the way we currently are…

…means the USA has lost the plot.

The Republican Party is far far from perfect…

…but Democratic Party is nonsensical!!!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Even the considered “left leaning” media such as MSNBC” is in agreement there is a crisis.

Now, does Texas have the constitutional authority to regulate migration? No.

Died the GOP like to run its mouth for years about the border to get donations and votes wo advancing any legislative solutions? Yes.

OK, well all I am asking is for somebody to explain to me what the "crisis" is?

"Crisis" to me means some sort of life or death threat...a situation that poses some existential danger to my well-being or, in this case, you all seem to be saying the country's well-being.

The immigrants come to the US to work. The build our roads, our houses, our apartments. They work construction. They mow our lawns and do landscaping and wash our dishes, bus our tables, and do all the shitty jobs that Americans will not do. They pick our fruits and vegetables in North Carolina, California, Washington, etc etc.

Contrary to what idiots like Bluefish say, they don't go on welfare because they're not eligible for it. As has been noted here many many times, they commit crime at a rate substantially lower than the average US citizen.

What's the "crisis"?

And, again, for the 100th time...I will note that the solution, if you really want one, is quite simple: penalize the businesses that hire them. No work, no immigration "crisis"....but, the republicans are never going to do that.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . your question has been answered repeatedly above. May not be the answer you want or like, but the question has been asked and answered.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, so let's chat about these trade restrictions you think will solve the problem.

What US businesses will be impacted by those trade restrictions and which republicans are ever going to be in favor of that?

Who will go first? fishing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . your question has been answered repeatedly above. May not be the answer you want or like, but the question has been asked and answered.

No, it has not. You've offered up some pie in the sky solution that isn't workable in real life.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

Other than they should have a path to legal residency, rather than citizenship, I agree with everything you said. I would add emphasis that it's not a question of performing the action, I don't believe we physically could

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In the two northern countries in North America, many consider immigration to be an expedient means to an end. They actually believe bringing people in, then printing money to support them, results in an expanding economy.
Immigration can be a stop gap measure to cure many problems. Citizens are too fat, lazy, and entitled to do the work? Just bring in some people who are used to working hard just to eat. Need an excuse to hire some more bureaucrats? Just bring in some immigrants for them to look after.
The thing is, the people who want immigrants, legal or not, are wealthy, powerful people who have a lot of support. They don't want it to stop. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No, it has not. You've offered up some pie in the sky solution that isn't workable in real life.

. . . your question was what’s the crisis . . . that question has been asked and answered.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
In the two northern countries in North America, many consider immigration to be an expedient means to an end. They actually believe bringing people in, then printing money to support them, results in an expanding economy.
Immigration can be a stop gap measure to cure many problems. Citizens are too fat, lazy, and entitled to do the work? Just bring in some people who are used to working hard just to eat. Need an excuse to hire some more bureaucrats? Just bring in some immigrants for them to look after.
The thing is, the people who want immigrants, legal or not, are wealthy, powerful people who have a lot of support. They don't want it to stop. Regards, Bill.

The migration we are seeing now is not the ad hoc Mexican family or national crossing the border for employment. Often they would leave and return. These mass caravans out of South America coming through Mexico are completely different.

Also, everyone agrees that a viable number of Chinese and Russians are coming on. Everyone includes the news outlets MM prefers.

The point is this new type of migrant requires handling and policy different from the migration from Mexico we commonly associate the issue with.

Hence, Mexico has to be strongly incentivized through trade to stop these new type of migrants on their side.

The crisis is an extremely large number of unknown foreign nationals crossing into the United States. It you cannot see the issues with that, we cannot help you.

I thinking automobile and textile trade would be most affected. GM makes a lot of vehicles in Mexico. Reduce border crossing or see a sliding scale of tax penalties on the import of those parts.

Reduce border crossing or we reduce the number of work and student visas we give Mexico.

Reduce border crossings or we charge more to export certain goods to Mexico.

Mexico has to commit x amount of its budget to border enforcement or we cut that much off we send to Mexico.

I bet Mexico would meet such reductions with such pressure. Thus, the penalties never happen.

I agree a large portion of GOP and large portion of the DEM would scream bloody murder. That is where an appropriate strong willed President who commands public sentiment is needed. As President Lincoln said, “ Anything can be accomplished with public sentiment.” The sentiment is there among the public to seriously address this crisis.

I would gladly trade trade a path to citizenship to get the above. I have stayed what conditions I would make to citizenship in the past. Make the Dems go on record as denying a path way for citizenship to long term immigrants. Make the FOP vote against forcing Mexico to address their side and the role businesses plays.

Make any company that higher illegal immigrates pay a fine of no less than 10 and no more than 20 percent of the company Gross, and all registered beneficial owners subject to a felony for so hiring.

Put it to a vote, then we can vote out all the do nothings regardless of Party.

Here is a question for you: Present a better idea to fix this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What of the people doing things the legal route?
According to what I read, they are fighting for their own court dates not to be pushed back because of the illegals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of these are also fighting for court dates as they are claiming asylum.

The answer includes hiring more Administrative Law Judges to process claims.

No reason that cannot be done.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Crisis" to me means some sort of life or death threat...a situation that poses some existential danger to my well-being

1) terrorists entering the country
2) fentanyl
3) diseases (resurgence of resistant TB as one example)
4) overwhelming use of citizen’s resources like emergency rooms for their primary care
5) overuse of infrastructure from a population explosion that was rapid and unanticipated (not to mention paid for by citizens)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
let's not forget schools and emergency rooms

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
let's not forget schools and emergency rooms

I had emergency rooms but agree…schools should be added.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We certainly have common ground there!

All except the "path to citizenship" part. No rewards for criminals.

Too many people have put in the effort to do it right, to reward criminals that cut the line!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
quote:

Why blame Mexico?

You don’t have a permit.

NO ENTRY!

Simple and IT WORKS!

Exactly. It ain’t rocket science.

The fact that we are treating our border and these people the way we currently are…

…means the USA has lost the plot.

The Republican Party is far far from perfect…

…but Democratic Party is nonsensical!!!

Amen brother!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

"Crisis" to me means some sort of life or death threat...a situation that poses some existential danger to my well-being

1) terrorists entering the country
2) fentanyl
3) diseases (resurgence of resistant TB as one example)
4) overwhelming use of citizen’s resources like emergency rooms for their primary care
5) overuse of infrastructure from a population explosion that was rapid and unanticipated (not to mention paid for by citizens)

The morons from non border states don't yet realize the resources these illegals take!

Stacked emergency rooms. And dear God, what they cost our schools.... Its unbelievable!

Gregg Abbot is doing his best to show them!

New York and Chicago are learning what resources these illegals eat up.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
A lot of these are also fighting for court dates as they are claiming asylum.

The answer includes hiring more Administrative Law Judges to process claims.

No reason that cannot be done.

So you want the citizenry at large to fork out even more money?

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Republican Brags About Sabotaging Border Security Deal

quote:
Republican Senator Ron Johnson is leading efforts to block a deal on border security, the Wisconsin congressman recently said, adding that voters should be the ones deciding on the issue.

For the slow children that means it's too good of an election issue to actually solve.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Neither the Dems nor the Reps are interested in solving the border crisis. They share the same objective just have different motivations. Just another in the long list of ways both major parties have failed the country.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Supply & demand. Take away the demand & the supply dries up. These people come here looking for work as they know US businesses do & will hire them. No different than drugs. The drug trade exists because Americans want it. It's not rocket science. You cannot dry it up as long as the demand is there. The source of the problem is North of the border.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Supply & demand. Take away the demand & the supply dries up. These people come here looking for work as they know US businesses do & will hire them. No different than drugs. The drug trade exists because Americans want it. It's not rocket science. You cannot dry it up as long as the demand is there. The source of the problem is North of the border.

we know math isn't your thing, wymple - nice of you to throw out the "war on drugs" as an abject failure - just like your math skills

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neither the Dems nor the Reps are interested in solving the border crisis. They share the same objective just have different motivations. Just another in the long list of ways both major parties have failed the country.

Agreed!

Heard anything about those poor DACA kids lately??????

We don't need reform, we need to enforce our laws!