LOL Login/Join 
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Hey, i can play guitar -- but it costs money to get me to stop playing

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lane
You need to understand that being a Christian is spiritual experience. You are using your political and cultural experience to claim you are a man of faith.

You say let the person who is without sin cast the first stones but you hate and condemn honest Democrats while defending criminal Republicans. Go figure.

I've posted this article many times before and challenged you many times but you always duck and hide.

https://www.politicalorphans.c...icalism-is-so-cruel/

(QUOTE]Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Lane

LOL. What a load of hogwash. I am not surprised coming from you.

Roll Eyes

Jesus' teaching about loving your neighbour INCLUDES race / ethnicity.

All people are God’s children Naki…that is a given.

I know that your Traditional America as it used to be "Christian" values did not include Blacks as humans, equals or neighbours.

Not in my lifetime. And as already stated and agreed upon by you…Jesus never condemned slavery…not that I am advocating for slavery. Just saying, this has little to do with Christianity. Jesus never rebuked masters for owning slaves.

Your teachings in Church even claimed that Blacks were the decendents of the murderer Cain.

I am not sure where you are coming up with this as my teaching is based solely on Scripture.

Look at what the Souther Baptist church is today - they have expelled Saddleback church because they appointed a woman pastor!

I know nothing of the Southern Baptist Church.

You claim that you hate sin and yet you consider Trump as superior to Biden, Obama etc! How can you claim that a serial philanderer, fraudster and rapist is superior to anyone else?

Let he withOUT sin cast the first stone.

Your response only confirms that you are NOT a man of FAITH but purely of Far Right POLITICAL CULTURE

Your continued attack on my faith tells me you do not even understand what it means to be of Christian faith. Maybe consider checking your eye for a plank.

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Lane

Jesus actually asked SLAVES to serve their master and MASTERS to treat slaves fairly / kindly.

Exactly as I said.

Race = ethnicity & the Good Samaritan story is my point.

The parable of the good Samaritan had nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It was about treating one’s neighbor as one would wish to be treated.

Your claims to being a Christian are purely CULTURAL and not of FAITH.

For you to even suggest such is certainly proof you don’t even understand what it means to be a Christian.

Your absolute HATRED of anything that is not Far Right is evidence.

I do not hate people. I do hate sin.

There is NO TEACHING in the Bible that supports the Far Right and its strategy of spreading falsehood to brain wash the masses.

This is a hair brain statement in itself.

You were blindly supporting Trump.

I support him as superior to the alternative.

then you defended him despite his immoral criminality. Now you are again prepared to vote for him!

And still do.

Those are NOT CHRISTIAN VALUES.

One of my points in my initial response. Jesus devolves himself almost completely of politics altogether and especially of politicians. Policy of life though He has an opinion on. He rarely chose the most saintly in man’s eye to do his work either.

quote:
Naki,
I am going to break my rule and respond to you. I have never read anything Jesus even mentioned about race except that everyone is a child of God and He loves all.

Christ does speak of servants in His words often. Never does He even rebuke the system of having servants other than to tell masters to treat their servants well.

This brings the point that God is not really worried about your position on earth. Our lives amount to milliseconds in the scheme of eternity.

Life is not meant to be easy but a test. A test in which He wants to see your work…not just the answer.
[/QUOTE]

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane
You need to understand that being a Christian is spiritual experience.

Exactly

You are using your political and cultural experience to claim you are a man of faith.

Don’t know how you ever got that idea.

You say let the person who is without sin cast the first stones but you hate (hate? No) and condemn (they condemn themselves) honest Democrats (I am sure there are some…just not in politics) while defending criminal Republicans (defend the policy). Go figure. Instead of figuring…read: Luke 7:36-50

I've posted this article many times before and challenged you many times but you always duck and hide.

quote:
quote:
Lane

Roll Eyes

I know that your Traditional America as it used to be "Christian" values did not include Blacks as humans, equals or neighbours.

Not in my lifetime. And as already stated and agreed upon by you…Jesus never condemned slavery…not that I am advocating for slavery. Just saying, this has little to do with Christianity. Jesus never rebuked masters for owning slaves.

Your teachings in Church even claimed that Blacks were the decendents of the murderer Cain.

I am not sure where you are coming up with this as my teaching is based solely on Scripture.

Look at what the Souther Baptist church is today - they have expelled Saddleback church because they appointed a woman pastor!

You claim that you hate sin and yet you consider Trump as superior to Biden, Obama etc! How can you claim that a serial philanderer, fraudster and rapist is superior to anyone else?

Your response only confirms that you are NOT a man of FAITH but purely of Far Right POLITICAL CULTURE

Your continued attack on my faith tells me you do not even understand what it means to be of Christian faith. Maybe consider checking your eye for a plank.

quote:
quote:
Lane

Jesus actually asked SLAVES to serve their master and MASTERS to treat slaves fairly / kindly.

Exactly as I said.

The parable of the good Samaritan had nothing to do with race or ethnicity. It was about treating one’s neighbor as one would wish to be treated.

For you to even suggest such is certainly proof you don’t even understand what it means to be a Christian.

There is NO TEACHING in the Bible that supports the Far Right and its strategy of spreading falsehood to brain wash the masses.

then you defended him despite his immoral criminality. Now you are again prepared to vote for him!

And still do.

One of my points in my initial response. Jesus devolves himself almost completely of politics altogether and especially of politicians. Policy of life though He has an opinion on. He rarely chose the most saintly in man’s eye to do his work either.

quote:
Naki,
I am going to break my rule and respond to you. I have never read anything Jesus even mentioned about race except that everyone is a child of God and He loves all.

Christ does speak of servants in His words often. Never does He even rebuke the system of having servants other than to tell masters to treat their servants well.

This brings the point that God is not really worried about your position on earth. Our lives amount to milliseconds in the scheme of eternity.

Life is not meant to be easy but a test. A test in which He wants to see your work…not just the answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lane you are full of BS. Ydont even understand the Bible.

Luke 7 scripture only affirms that Democrats are redeemed by Jesus.

So called white Christian evangelicals are the Pharisees who condemn liberals but are self righteous.

Trump claimed that he never found the need to ask God for forgiveness. And you think his policies are good.

The man is known by the company he keeps. Lane you definitely e yourself by upholding and spreading the hateful policies of the Far Right.

quote:
quote:
Lane

Exactly

You are using your political and cultural experience to claim you are a man of faith.

You say let the person who is without sin cast the first stones but you hate (hate? No) and condemn (they condemn themselves) honest Democrats (I am sure there are some…just not in politics) while defending criminal Republicans (defend the policy). Go figure. Instead of figuring…read: Luke 7:36-50

quote:
quote:
Lane

Roll Eyes

quote:
quote:
Lane

Exactly as I said.

And still do.

quote:
Naki,

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane you are full of BS. Ydont even understand the Bible.

More evidence you do not understand what it means to be Christian…judging others in their faith. 2020

But alas, I have learned a valuable lesson again…refrain from arguing with a fool.

Luke 7 scripture only affirms that Democrats are redeemed by Jesus.

Roll Eyes

So called white Christian evangelicals are the Pharisees who condemn liberals but are self righteous.

Roll Eyes

Trump claimed that he never found the need to ask God for forgiveness.

If he said that…that was foolish. I ask God for forgiveness multiple times per day.

And you think his policies are good.

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s and give unto God what is Gods. Trump’s governmental policies were excellent and and a breath of fresh air. But that and Jesus’s teachings are separate contexts. Don’t know why you keep uniting. Jesus was uninterested in politics.

The man is known by the company he keeps. Lane you definitely e yourself by upholding and spreading the hateful (No “hate” on my part or of those whom I support.) policies of the Far Right.

I am very proud of my company (solid Christian men like JTEX and GWB among them) and my positions…thank you very much! Have a Merry Christmas Naki and rejoice in the birth of our Lord. Smiler

I am going back to my time tested proper position of ignoring you. Wink

quote:
quote:
Lane

Exactly

quote:
quote:
Lane

Roll Eyes

quote:
quote:
Lane

Exactly as I said.

And still do.

quote:
Naki,

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is all fascinating but to just cut to the chase....does anybody really think that Jesus would vote for trump? Big Grin

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
This is all fascinating but to just cut to the chase....does anybody really think that Jesus would vote for trump? Big Grin

i just sprayed coffee on my keyboard from laughing

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just as likely as he would be to vote for Biden.

As stated umpteen times now…Jesus was uninterested in politics. If involved with them…he would likely have rebukes for both. As: “let the man with no sin…cast the first stone.”

Give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s and unto God what is God’s.

Politics are man’s to deal with. Trump’s policies were spot on for the country. As to the man, as I have said many times, I doubt I would even enjoy a conversation with him…albeit I do enjoy his boys. I support Trump’s policy. Still, I will support someone with similar policies but less baggage in Primaries. But make no mistake, I will be there with bells on to support and vote for Trump in the General is he is the nominee. And, if he wins I will open my bottle of Maker’s Bill Jrs cask strength 46 and drink a shot to the country.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

“The asking” of such questions is enlightening though as to sort those who have studied and those who think they have an understanding without. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

ME says I am a Christian Nationalist…so I must be.

I am Christian.

quote:
na·tion·al·ist
/ˈnaSH(ə)nələst/
noun
a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

And by definition I am a Nationalist.

So I guess I agree with him.

Therefore, by definition, I am not a traitor or seditionist. BOOM

But anyone who can support Democratic Party executive control does hate Traditional America. Thus I question who the traitors are. Wink

quote:
Repeat.

Anyone who doesn’t take every possible action to keep executive control out of the hands of the Democratic Party is the dumbest son of a bitch in the USA. Plumb stupid as they say in Texas. Wink

It is possible that I could just ignore Christian Nationalists if they would just mind their own business of being Christian and Nationalist, even Majorie T. Green. But their cultural and political agendas spills into the public arena. It's as clear as can be the "End justifies the Means". It's not difficult at all to imagine what MAGA Mike's "end" agenda is, aside from Armageddon, fueled and stoked by the Rapture belief.

And what they believe isn't just God and Country. There are many, many collateral or tandem, circular self-affirming beliefs. Remember, in this context "belief" means proof is not necessary and even shunned. Take the last two or three sentences in the above quote: "dumbest sob, stupid, question who the traitors are", etc. We also see such beliefs extend into dehumanization and beyond, if not direct then indirect or complicit, such as just ignoring Trump's "vermin" claims and other toxic rhetoric. The beliefs are so strong that they can't acknowledge the distinct differences in what Trump says compared to practically any other current or past POTUS. Can you imagine the press if Biden called GOPers "vermin"? Just look back when H. Clinton called the far-right a "basket of deplorables".

The problem is that Christian Nationalists believe conflating religion belief and politics and the constitution and the rule of law is Right. They will never concede that the Founders made the constitution secular for a reason, and THEY ARE THE REASON.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
You guys loose me with religion
My way of looking at things?
Help locally as much as you can, be polite to strangers and always on lookout for trouble
Never know about people

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
ME, Siiggghhhh…

…I think it is pretty clear if you study all the historic documents that occurred around the writing of the Constitution (DOI, Federalist Papers, etc)…that the Founders wrote the Constitution to allow for freedom to worship (or not) within the religion of your choice without any discrimination or directives from the Federal Gvt…ie: “freedom ‘of’ religion.”

They were all religiously convicted men and never envisioned a nation that would not be.

They NEVER intended for the Constitution to make the country “free ‘from’ religion.” This thought process was not even pursued for the first 200 years.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I want you to know that the essence of what you say there, I agree with. Yea, WOW. Smiler

The way you word your last post should be read carefully. I think you defined "freedom of religion" pretty good, with deference to the Founders.

And, you should know darn well that I'm most certainly not advocating making the country "free from religion". For lack of better words, to think that would be crazy, IMO. Also, I think it's just as crazy to think "MAKING" the country, its laws, culture, society, tied to religion.

Jeffe has accused me of gaming words, which I disagree with. Here's an example:

You use the term "free from religion" re the country. I use the term "freedom from religion" re the individual and indirectly and thus encompassing the country. There is a distinction, which IMO is important.

That brings us back to Christian Nationalism. It seems to me that their goals are in direct conflict with the notion of the constitutional idea (right) of freedom of (and from) religion. IMO, there is no such thing as one without the other.

I think the constitution was intentionally designed as secular, not because the Founders were secular, but because they KNEW the pitfalls of religion in relation to governance and law.

What's remarkable is the Founders had such distinctions, however they got it - history, philosophy, knowledge, logic, whatever. The one thing it WAS NOT was "belief" as Christians today "know" it.

The Christian Nationalists don't see it that way. Something has been lost in the last 200 years.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
In principle, I can agree with the bulk of your reply.

The differences I see:

Freedom from religion - to me that implies that the people are guaranteed the right to not be ‘exposed’ to religion in common public areas…especially those that pertain to governmental use. I disagree that the Founding Fathers ever intended this. We certainly didn’t abide by it in their time up through the first 200 years.

IE: If a county wants to have the 10 Commandments displayed in the county courthouse…the Fed Gvt should not stop it. If a school board wants to allow a principal to say a prayer over the intercom to begin the day…it should be fine.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Freedom from religion - to me that implies that the people are guaranteed the right to not be ‘exposed’ to religion in common public areas…

That, IMO, is not accurate.

"Exposed" is such a benign word, when we're talking about Christian Nationalists. "Forced" is the correct word.

The problem is, as I see it, give the zealots an inch and they want a mile.

Where is the line drawn?

The religious zealots definitely draw it in a different place than those who appreciate that the govt. and the institutions thereof are secular, or ought to be. I don't have a problem with the 10 commandments, in context. I do have a problem with them when they are substituted for or conflated with the Constitution.

What's the point of displaying the 10 commandments in a govt facility other than putting religion in the face of others who don't want that?

That's not the exercise of "freedom of religion", but instead it's tromping on the freedom from religion, especially in the context of a secular government, and appreciation thereof.

"Freedom of Religion" is NOT the right to impose religion, nationally, at your will. Likewise, secularists have no right to expect or impose "free from religion" nationally.

That's the way the Founders intended it.

Respect it. That's all.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.npr.org/transcripts/1156642544

More than half of Republicans support Christian nationalism, according to a new survey

FEBRUARY 14, 20235:00 AM ET

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

More than half of Republicans support Christian nationalism, according to a new survey

Let's be honest - more than half of Americans are some form of Christian - and even some dems, too

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Freedom of religion means you are at liberty to get all your directions from a poorly sourced, poorly translated book that purports to be from the Bronze Age if you wish, but your book can never tell me what I can or cannot do.

Anybody spouting religious mumbo-jumbo over an intercom is forcing it on people who don't want to hear it. Might need to brush up on Matthew 6:6.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

Let's be honest - more than half of Americans are some form of Christian - and even some dems, too

Is that really "honest" Jeffe, in the context of Christian Nationalists?

Or is it a distortion?

I doubt that neither you nor I know the percentage of Christians, dems and GOPers combined, in the USA, who subscribe to Christian Nationalism. But, I strongly suspect the percentage of GOPers is much higher than it is for Dems.

BTW, my definition of Christian Nationalism is Christofascism, which should come as no surprise to you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_fascism

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Freedom from religion - to me that implies that the people are guaranteed the right to not be ‘exposed’ to religion in common public areas…

That, IMO, is not accurate.

"Exposed" is such a benign word, when we're talking about Christian Nationalists. "Forced" is the correct word.

The problem is, as I see it, give the zealots an inch and they want a mile.

Where is the line drawn?

The religious zealots definitely draw it in a different place than those who appreciate that the govt. and the institutions thereof are secular, or ought to be. I don't have a problem with the 10 commandments, in context. I do have a problem with them when they are substituted for or conflated with the Constitution.

What's the point of displaying the 10 commandments in a govt facility other than putting religion in the face of others who don't want that?

There is some good information in the 10 Commandments. I think a courthouse is an excellent spot to distribute that info. To know not only the law watches could sink in and be preventive…much better than retribution occurring after the fact at the courthouse.

They are historical in nature and a basis for modern law.

Now I ask…what do they hurt? The answer of course is not a darn thing! Are they different than “in God we trust” on currency? An angel atop a public Christmas tree?

That's not the exercise of "freedom of religion", but instead it's tromping on the freedom from religion, especially in the context of a secular government, and appreciation thereof.

There was NO freedom from religion intended. One has the right to walk by and not read which is freedom of religion. There presence caused no harm. If they helped one person not do more crimes…seems worth it to me.

"Freedom of Religion" is NOT the right to impose religion, nationally, at your will. Likewise, secularists have no right to expect or impose "free from religion" nationally.

That's the way the Founders intended it.

Respect it. That's all.

These last 4 lines…I basically agree with.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There is some good information in the 10 Commandments. I think a courthouse is an excellent spot to distribute that info. To know not only the law watches could sink in and be preventive…much better than retribution occurring after the fact at the courthouse.

Now I ask…what do they hurt? The answer of course is not a darn thing! Are they different than “in God we trust” on currency? An angel atop a public Christmas tree?

There was NO freedom from religion intended. One has the right to walk by and not read which is freedom of religion. There presence caused no harm. If they helped one person not do more crimes…seems worth it to me.

The courthouse is a place for administering the secular rule of law. The Founders saw the necessity of separation of church and state which is why the Constitution is secular. The ten commandments are not secular. The intent in displaying them in a secular court is to conflate church and state. It is not an innocent intent nor stand alone.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The courthouse is a place for administering the secular rule of law. The Founders saw the necessity of separation of church and state which is why the Constitution is secular. The ten commandments are not secular. The intent in displaying them in a secular court is to conflate church and state. It is not an innocent intent nor stand alone.

No, not at all. That would be posting them in the courtroom behind the judge or the like. I briefly tried to explain their potential purpose but you will never understand so I am not going to waste type.

I will reiterate…they harm no one and potentially help a few.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

https://www.prri.org/research/...hristian%20religions.

quote:
Seven in ten Americans (70%) identify as Christian, including more than four in ten who identify as white Christian and more than one-quarter who identify as Christian of color. Nearly one in four Americans (23%) are religiously unaffiliated, and 5% identify with non-Christian religions.[1]

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks jeffe for the statistics.

Stats are often difficult to decipher meaning from.

I think it's generally accepted that not all Christians subscribe to Christian Nationalism. Your stats say nothing about that.

Say the stat of over 50% of republicans are Christian Nationalists. Then assume that approximately 50% of the voting adult public are republican. I think that means approximately 25% of the population subscribe to Christian Nationalism, just from the conservative sector.

Then throw in a couple of democrats and maybe a few independents for good measure. So, that probably means 30% to 35% of the population is amenable to Christian Nationalism.

That's still a minority yet a large chunk. It may be the largest specific self-identity group in the USA; a specific segment within Christianity as a whole. (a group within a group) However, they own one of the two main political parties, and they have Trump and MAGA Mike types.

So their influence in politics is outsized for their minority status. They also have well organized and well funded power groups such as the various Christian orgs, southern Baptists, and the Heritage Foundation and several others working in cahoots.

Then there's people like Michael Flynn and the mega preachers.

They all have one key political and cultural goal, which is the conflate the Constitution with the Bible, conflate church and state.

And such group spews a disproportionate amount of disinformation, hate and lies and dehumanizing rhetoric as an essential part of their ID and means and justifications of their goal.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lane

I apologise for the rudeness, which is not acceptable conduct on my part. I have sent you a PM.

Wish you and your family a blessed Christmas.

quote:
I am very proud of my company (solid Christian men like JTEX and GWB among them) and my positions…thank you very much! Have a Merry Christmas Naki and rejoice in the birth of our Lord. Smiler

I am going back to my time tested proper position of ignoring you. Wink