THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    George Floyd, Civil Rights, and God…it’s all here! Great interview by Tucker Carlson!
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George Floyd, Civil Rights, and God…it’s all here! Great interview by Tucker Carlson! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I’m inclined to think it wasn’t asphyxiation but rather prolonged carotid artery occlusion which invariably leads to loss of consciousness. Death follows if the occlusion continues. He was choked out, then died when blood flow to the brain was blocked for another 2-3 minutes.

Well, a doctor opines and let me just ask you Doc Dollar. Do you have an opinion about whether Mr. Floyd would have just dropped dead during his police detention in the absence of a cop standing on his neck for ten minutes?

I get it if you don't have an opinion you want to express. But, it sounds like you have.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, you may have excellent credentials, but you couldn't qualify as an expert to challenge the MDs who testified it was homicide.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
I’m inclined to think it wasn’t asphyxiation but rather prolonged carotid artery occlusion which invariably leads to loss of consciousness. Death follows if the occlusion continues. He was choked out, then died when blood flow to the brain was blocked for another 2-3 minutes.

Well, a doctor opines and let me just ask you Doc Dollar. Do you have an opinion about whether Mr. Floyd would have just dropped dead during his police detention in the absence of a cop standing on his neck for ten minutes?

I get it if you don't have an opinion you want to express. But, it sounds like you have.

No, I seriously doubt he would have dropped dead. I think carotid artery occlusion for a prolonged time did him in, no doubt exacerbated by his underlying hypertensive cardiac disease and drugs in his system. Choke holds generally don’t leave much in the way of autopsy findings as the person is not choked with anterior and posterior pressure with resulting hyoid bone fracture. The carotids are located on the side of the neck, about where Chauvin’s knee was placed. If you shut off cerebral blood flow from one side, as with a knee on the neck, it’s going to take a while to affect cerebral circulation because of collateral blood flow from the other carotid and from the vertebral arteries. That’s probably why he didn’t lose consciousness right away. The end result though is sudden, partial carotid occlusion is likely to kill someone with an already compromised heart condition. I do agree that if Floyd had complied, he would probably still be alive- until the next drug deal went bad.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And I’m still trying to figure out how Lane called a Carlson Twitter monologue an interview.An interview requires 2 people. Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I seriously doubt he would have dropped dead. I think carotid artery occlusion for a prolonged time did him in, no doubt exacerbated by his underlying hypertensive cardiac disease and drugs in his system. Choke holds generally don’t leave much in the way of autopsy findings as the person is not choked with anterior and posterior pressure with resulting hyoid bone fracture. The carotids are located on the side of the neck, about where Chauvin’s knee was placed. If you shut off cerebral blood flow from one side, as with a knee on the neck, it’s going to take a while to affect cerebral circulation because of collateral blood flow from the other carotid and from the vertebral arteries. That’s probably why he didn’t lose consciousness right away. The end result though is sudden, partial carotid occlusion is likely to kill someone with an already compromised heart condition. I do agree that if Floyd had complied, he would probably still be alive- until the next drug deal went bad.

Fair enough. Complied in what way? Not having a cop leaning on him for ten minutes?

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I’m still trying to figure out how Lane called a Carlson Twitter monologue an interview.An interview requires 2 people. Confused

Im surprised that anyone would take it as anything other than National Enquirer style entertainment, it certainly isn't journalism.

Twitter has become the home of fake news.

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

Im surprised that anyone would take it as anything other than National Enquirer style entertainment, it certainly isn't journalism.

Twitter has become the home of fake news.

The same people who cry about biased media lap this garbage up as the "truth".

It would be funny if it was not so sad.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you watch it? There were 2 people. 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough. Complied in what way? Not having a cop leaning on him for ten minutes?

Mike,
To help out the mentally impaired…

…George Floyd was arrested and put into a squad car. All he had to do was stay in the car. That would be compliance. When he came out of the car (noncompliance)…he got put on the ground by a LEO doing his job.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murder is not part of the job description of a LEO.

Get a clue Lane, Floyd was not a threat.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Murder is not part of the job description of a LEO.

Get a clue Lane, Floyd was not a threat.

I watched the video in its entirety. I disagree with your analysis. Chauvin didn’t murder Floyd and Floyd had every opportunity to go the local jail with nary a bruise on his body.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chauvin had every opportunity to avoid becoming a convicted murder and failed to take it.

The Jury got this one right. You, not so much.

Did you every straighten those folks out over at libertarian.org out about how Libertarians feel about prayer in public schools? You are always Right animal

Pun intended.

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Yes, but one might as well have had his hand up the others backside and was operating him like a ventriloquists dummy.

Posts: 7164 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MAGAts don't seem to like what the new Speaker of the House had to say on the subject:

quote:
I was outraged. I don’t think anyone can view the video and objectively come to any other conclusion but that it was an act of murder. And I felt that initially, as everyone did and it’s so disturbing. And, you know, the underlying issues beneath that are something that the country is now struggling with. And I think it’s something we have to look at very soberly and with a lot of empathy. And I’m glad to see that’s happening around the country.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lane

What about your moral compass?

You posted on "evil" and yet you support the evil of trump and the MAGA crowd.

You do not follow the teachings of Jesus and refuse to accept that he was a radical Liberal.

quote:
America still a free country Mike. You can see it how you want.

My intellect can stand on it own feet. Not worried about how a born-again liberal views me.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Naki,
Jesus was God’s Spirit in human form on earth. He was neither radical liberal or far-right conservative…He was correct. He was God imparting to man as to how man should interact with one another. He revealed His commitment through death and His authenticity through resurrection.

Jesus was humble and simple. He worried not about the ways of man but tried to lead man by example. Nothing radical through His simplicity. For the most part He was soft spoken, reserved, and thoughtful when He did speak. As to liberalism…He walked a narrow down the middle. He spoke of turning the other cheek, yet confirmed He was not here to change the old laws but fulfill them. He advocated generosity to the poor but also taught his disciples that if you don’t work you don’t eat.

Thus, my reading teaches me that Jesus was a simple quiet conservative man (actually the living Spirit of God) that advocated grace, generosity, and forgiveness to others.

quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Lane

You do not follow the teachings of Jesus and refuse to accept that he was a radical Liberal.

quote:

My intellect can stand on it own feet. Not worried about how a born-again liberal views me.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is not true that Jesus did not care about the ways of man. The Gospels are nothing but Jesus rebuking the pharisees and sadducees for their ways and corruption. Corruption at the expense of souls, the Kingdom of Heaven (Not Israel), and non-Jews.

Jesus was God made flesh, but it is clear Jesus was able to insect God’s Will perfectly. Jesus was an independent being from God, begotten solely of God.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I can’t believe we defend stupid criminals who won stupid prizes

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:

And yet here we are, watching you and Lane defend a convicted murderer Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:

And yet here we are, watching you and Lane defend a convicted murderer Whistling

While touting love of Jesus, generosity and forgiveness. 2020

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
It is not true that Jesus did not care about the ways of man. The Gospels are nothing but Jesus rebuking the pharisees and sadducees for their ways and corruption. Corruption at the expense of souls, the Kingdom of Heaven (Not Israel), and non-Jews.

Poor choice of words on my part. I should have used "conform."

Jesus was God made flesh, but it is clear Jesus was able to insect God’s Will perfectly. Jesus was an independent being from God, begotten solely of God.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lane

That is blasphemy.

Do you not believe in the Trinity. One God, 3 in 1?

Jesus is both man and God. So also the Holy Spurit is both Spirit and God.

You cannot go to the Father without the Son.

quote:
quote:

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
There you go claiming Jesus was conservative.

Jesus was radical in challenging the Pharisees. He challenged the wealthy. He challenged the rules of the Sabath. He challenged the Jews who were self righteous rightous.

Dying on the cross was the most liberal act in history. The greatest act of sacrifice and love. All the humiliation and suffering that Jesus faced were acts of liberalism.

The Conservative rule bound Pharisees were the corrupt people who had no compassion for the poor, the sick, the immigrant.

quote:
Naki,
Jesus was God’s Spirit in human form on earth. He was neither radical liberal or far-right conservative…He was correct. He was God imparting to man as to how man should interact with one another. He revealed His commitment through death and His authenticity through resurrection.

Jesus was humble and simple. He worried not about the ways of man but tried to lead man by example. Nothing radical through His simplicity. For the most part He was soft spoken, reserved, and thoughtful when He did speak. As to liberalism…He walked a narrow down the middle. He spoke of turning the other cheek, yet confirmed He was not here to change the old laws but fulfill them. He advocated generosity to the poor but also taught his disciples that if you don’t work you don’t eat.

Thus, my reading teaches me that Jesus was a simple quiet conservative man (actually the living Spirit of God) that advocated grace, generosity, and forgiveness to others.

quote:
Lane

quote:

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane

That is blasphemy.

Do you not believe in the Trinity. One God, 3 in 1?

Jesus is both man and God. So also the Holy Spurit is both Spirit and God.

You cannot go to the Father without the Son.

That^^^is exactly what I said. Yes, I believe in the Holy Trinity.

quote:
quote:

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I watched the first 4 minutes of Carlson spouting unsubstantiated bullshit, then quit. You originally said he spoke very little, just asked questions. I guess that happened later… popcorn

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I watched the first 4 minutes of Carlson spouting unsubstantiated bullshit, then quit. You originally said he spoke very little, just asked questions. I guess that happened later… popcorn

And that would be correct and was the majority of the video.

J. Lane Easter, DVM