Notify
Tools

Texas Law Is MEGA STUPID! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . so returning to the Texas law, you saying it goes too far?

I am saying there is room to compromise.

I am saying the left went too far after RvW.

I am also saying the left never has wanted compromise here and has always taken a “scorched earth…take no prisoners” approach and I am going to put my best foot forward to not do the same.

The Texas Law, after reading it, clearly carves out the health of the mother comes first.

I am on record at 60 days and with a rape/incest clause.

I see room for compromise on in-utero fetuses afflicted with terminal inhumane type afflictions.

Thus, like I have always said, the law, as most all laws, will evolve with time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
No doubt about that. Not to mention that criminal idiot Paxton taking it 2 steps further……

Its not on Paxton anymore…the TX SC has taken control…in the same direction as Paxton. Thus, I suppose the Court feels he was correct.

Mike is not going to say the TX SC got is wrong. They had an out to let the lower court ruling stand.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36643 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hypocrisy on parade:

quote:
But the prison agency and the Texas attorney general’s office, which has staked its reputation on “defending the unborn” all the way up to the U.S. Supreme Court, are arguing the agency shouldn’t be held responsible for the stillbirth because staff didn’t break the law. Plus, they said, it’s not clear that Issa’s fetus had rights as a person.

“Just because several statutes define an individual to include an unborn child does not mean that the Fourteenth Amendment does the same,” the Texas attorney general’s office wrote in a March footnote, referring to the constitutional right to life.

For more than two decades, in legislation passed by lawmakers and defended in court by the attorney general’s office, Texas has insisted “unborn children” be recognized as people starting at fertilization. And although it has traditionally referred to all stages of pregnancy, from fertilized egg to birth, as an unborn child, the state repeatedly referred to Issa’s stillborn baby as a fetus in legal briefings.

Link

"It's a baby when I say it is and an organized collection of cells when that is more convenient for me."

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Deplorable Situation

. . . brought to you courtesy of the fringe evangelical right and the Texas GOP.

Mike

Posts: 21240 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will next target her for having the abortion out of state.

Under the statute, does Texas call them codes, the Texas Supreme Court may be correct.

That does not make the policy anymore morally correct, or smart policy.

Policy can be bad, but what a statute requires.

The AG’s Office which is Paxton took the case to the Supreme Court. Yes, it is still in Paxton and you.

Posts: 10937 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I won't be surprised if these ignorant idiots pass a law charging every man with RAPE!

Just because every man has a DICK! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67011 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deplorable Situation

. . . brought to you courtesy of the fringe evangelical right and the Texas GOP.

So “the fringe” elected a majority in the TX Congress?

And TX SC is also within “the fringe?”

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The TX SC chose to take the case up. They could have just let the lower court ruling stand.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Deplorable Situation

Well, let's see:

All Republicans in a State where Biden got 46.48% of the vote, not a Hispanic or Black appearing person in sight, which I know is not representative if you drive across Texas, which is, I believe, more Hispanic than white now...

Yeah, that sounds pretty "fringe" everywhere but the Country Club.

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'm generally pro life, but this situation seems hopeless, so I see no need to force this woman to carry the child to term. I pray for her and her family. I'm sure that decision wasn't an easy one and I frankly am less than pleased with the Texas AG on his stance.

Posts: 10036 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I mean, he is young, and yolk is still on him -- give him a decade, and he'll be a GOP

There may be a chance.....they say that with age comes maturity...

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
jeffrey, jeffrey, jeffrey,
all places on the Tx SC are elected - in state wide races - bu if you actually care, here's a link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_Texas

quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
Deplorable Situation

Well, let's see:

All Republicans in a State where Biden got 46.48% of the vote, not a Hispanic or Black appearing person in sight, which I know is not representative if you drive across Texas, which is, I believe, more Hispanic than white now...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
all places on the Tx SC are elected - in state wide races - bu if you actually care, here's a link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme_Court_of_Texas

quote:
quote:
quote:
Deplorable Situation

Well, let's see:

You should read your own links Stupid:

quote:
When a vacancy arises, the Governor of Texas appoints a replacement, subject to Senate confirmation, to serve out the unexpired term until December 31 after the next general election. The initial term of tenure is therefore often less than six years. Most of the current justices were originally appointed either by former Governor Rick Perry or by the current Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, who is himself a former member of the court

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You should read your own links Stupid:

quote:
When a vacancy arises, the Governor of Texas appoints a replacement, subject to Senate confirmation, to serve out the unexpired term until December 31 after the next general election. The initial term of tenure is therefore often less than six years. Most of the current justices were originally appointed either by former Governor Rick Perry or by the current Governor of Texas, Greg Abbott, who is himself a former member of the court

Well, jeffrey, first of, i thought you put me on your ignore list -- weird that you are replying

uhm, sir, where else does a governor appoint a replacement, should the position become vacant until the next election?

goodness me, i must be stupid ... i mean, like EVERY other role, including senator and representative, in ALL states, the governor appoints a replacement until the next election.

oh, stupid me, you are giving me the vapors. obviously a governor wants his state to continue to function -- where, pray tell, does appointment and elected conflict in your mind? Would you have broken and open positions in critical government roles?

bejezus, sarge, I am certain your post made sense in your head. i wish i could upload you a teddy bear, you seem to need a friend of some sort

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote