New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Law Is MEGA STUPID! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
My mother, life-long public servant as a public school teacher/school librarian is the most ardent pro-life person I know. All, my mother in-law, wife, sister (recently deceased) and daughter are all pro-life.

I employ >25 less than 40 females. While we try to not discuss politics in the work environment…it comes up occasionally with the ones in management. They are all pro-life to some extent.

Tonight I will be traveling to McKinney to a party at Rick’s Chophouse hosted by our corporate law firm out of Dallas. It is woman-lawyer heavy. They are a noted (professionally) pro-life.

In my experience…TX and OK women are weighted to the pro-life side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
All the women I know well enough to know there politics…are pro-life.

It is not "pro-life" to force a woman to carry an unviable pregnancy at the risk of her life and reproductive future.

It's merely pro-control.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

It is not "pro-life" to force a woman to carry an unviable pregnancy at the risk of her life and reproductive future.

It's merely pro-control.

As I have said…I am for carve-outs.

16000 in 5 months in Texas was legal murder.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

It's merely pro-control.

As I have said…I am for carve-outs.

16000 in 5 months in Texas was legal murder.

So drawing lines is okay . . . you just want everyone to have to live with the line you draw. Very libertarian.

Mike

Posts: 21240 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
My mother, life-long public servant as a public school teacher/school librarian is the most ardent pro-life person I know. All, my mother in-law, wife, sister (recently deceased) and daughter are all pro-life.

I employ >25 less than 40 females. While we try to not discuss politics in the work environment…it comes up occasionally with the ones in management. They are all pro-life to some extent.

Tonight I will be traveling to McKinney to a party at Rick’s Chophouse hosted by our corporate law firm out of Dallas. It is woman-lawyer heavy. They are a noted (professionally) pro-life.

. . . ask them at your dinner tonight if Kate Cox should be forced to carry a fetus with trisomy 18 to term.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am for protecting the rights of the most innocent form of human life that exists.

Granting the freedom to live…is libertarian.

The right to live (not be killed) is the greatest liberty I know of. How about you?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am for protecting the rights of the most innocent form of human life that exists.

The right to live (not be killed) is the greatest liberty I know of. How about you?

. . . then I presume you oppose any abortion . . . or you’re a hypocrite. I’ll bet it is the latter.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

. . . ask them at your dinner tonight if Kate Cox should be forced to carry a fetus with trisomy 18 to term.

I won’t bring it up. But knowing this group for years and having been at many of their functions…it may come up. If it does…I will report.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

. . . then I presume you oppose any abortion . . . or you’re a hypocrite. I’ll bet it is the latter.

Personally, I do believe they are wrong. I am willing to compromise in this God-forsaken world we live in today…albeit I have to ask for forgiveness of that compromise.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong? coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mike, you know he's not a hypocrite, he has different beliefs than you (have expressed)

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38509 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What about this woman’s freedom to live.

The exceptions cannot be legislated against. Allowing this level of government interference into an actual human’s life is not libertarian.

He is a hypocrite and a lier.

I sure this woman and the other Texas women who are experiencing this care Dr. Easter has performed horse abortions to give him a sense of right.

I asked him point blank if his religious interpretation should set national policy. He refused to answer. Instead he asked me a series of questions that I answered directly.

His horse Abortion experience has no relevancy in the conversation of whether the state or the individual woman should make this distinction or what restrictions apply.

Posts: 10939 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

Mike, you know he's not a hypocrite, he has different beliefs than you (have expressed)

No, it is hypocritical. To profess that a fetus (even a zygote) is entitled to same protection as a person and then suggest that some abortions are okay so long as they are abortions you approve of . . . that’s hypocritical and logically inconsistent. But even most of the people willing to impose their views on all women have a hard time rationalizing that the raped 12 year old needs to carry a fetus to term. So then it is just a conversation about where the line is drawn, not sure a middle aged man is the best choice to draw that line versus the woman carrying the fetus.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and another can of worms

the people that are one way on abortion, but the other way on the death penalty - in that both are legal termination of a human life

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
What about this woman’s freedom to live.

I have stated I am for a compromise here. And, I believe the Texas Law carves that out. Does it not?

The exceptions cannot be legislated against. Allowing this level of government interference into an actual human’s life is not libertarian.

Killing innocent humans is definitely not.

He is a hypocrite and a lier.

I am neither. And you’re a POS for calling me a liar. Hope I get the chance to tell you that personally some time.

I sure this woman and the other Texas women who are experiencing this care Dr. Easter has performed horse abortions to give him a sense of right.

Roll Eyes

I asked him point blank if his religious interpretation should set national policy. He refused to answer. Instead he asked me a series of questions that I answered directly.

And I said anyone voting or setting policy against their religious convictions IS the true hypocrite. Further, I went forth and said I always vote with my commitment to Jesus Christ as the first and foremost factor.

His horse Abortion experience has no relevancy in the conversation of whether the state or the individual woman should make this distinction or what restrictions apply.

And you are the only one dumb enough to ever think I stated that.

I stated that that experience solidly scientifically shows that fetuses resist removal and death once they reach a certain age. And it is FACT that they do.

You and anyone are free to take the side of killing innocent infants as OK.

I shall not.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are not okay. You are a very low person.

I will take what I have advocated for before minors to deliver children, women sent away from hospitals bleeding only to become sterile, thus women in the thread, or a judge deciding who has been raped enough to qualify for an abortion.

You are a morally bankrupt person.

You used the example of performing a horse abortion as to why a fetus should have agency. Lier.

Go call some more gay people abominations and marriage equality a defect to the country.

I am glad a person like you would cuss me.

I told you when you started calling gay people abominations, I do not drink a people like you.

Go support another indicted politician. Morally bankrupt in display.

You only associate and have value to people like you.

Posts: 10939 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have stated I am for a compromise here. And, I believe the Texas Law carves that out. Does it not?

You need to read the Texas law before you comment on it. There is not even an exception for rape or incest.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

And now you are so desperate in your attempt at debate that you have resorted to personal attack. thumbdown

I will take what I have advocated for before minors to deliver children, women sent away from hospitals bleeding only to become sterile, thus women in the thread, or a judge deciding who has been raped enough to qualify for an abortion.

Roll Eyes

You used the example of performing a horse abortion as to why a fetus should have agency. Lier.

Lier is a town in Belgium…If you are going to throw a personal attack…you should at least learn how to spell it correctly.

What I stated was that fetuses want to live and try to survive and my experience has validated that. As innocent humans…they deserve agency. To say that an innocent human doesn’t deserve the right to live is depraved. No lies on my part.

Go call some more gay people abominations and marriage equality a defect to the country.

I am glad a person like you would cuss me.

I told you when you started calling gay people abominations, I do not drink a people like you.

clap

Go support another indicted politician. Morally bankrupt in display.

I don’t support Trump. I plan to vote for the second most viable (R) candidate in the primary. Any sane individual would do whatever it takes to oppose Democratic executive control in the General. Thus, if Trump is the GOP candidate…he will get my vote and support once he is nominated. Plenty…again PLENTY of politicians on both sides who are not good people…I would venture to say the majority. I vote policy.

You only associate (socially…correct) and have value to people (Wrong as usual…ALL people are God’s children and have equal value to him. I do my best to do “right” by all.) like you.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You need to read the Texas law before you comment on it. There is not even an exception for rape or incest.

This lady was not raped or a victim of incest. Post the law or a link to it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . find it yourself and read it. Or continue to comment on it knowing nothing about it.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

pretty unnecessary, over-the-top ad homme approach.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . find it yourself and read it. Or continue to comment on it knowing nothing about it.

I did read it about a year ago.

I take it that you refuse to comment on the actions of the Texas SCOTUS?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I believe this is the current law.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
So Mike…did the Texas SCOTUS get it wrong?

. . . the legislature got it wrong.

coffee

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The stupid voters got it wrong!

"Voting" seems to be the magic word in America.

What has it achieved so far?

Oh, it got you a draft dodging fuckwit to be commander in chief! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

coffee

You have already expressed your belief there ad nausea. I hear you loud and clear that you don’t like the law.

However, a lower court held that this lady met the criteria of within the law to qualify her to get an abortion…that being a threat to her own life/health.

The Texas SCOTUS could have let that ruling hold. They chose to stay the ruling (at least temporarily).

Did the TX SCOTUS make the correct decision.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I won’t bring it up. But knowing this group for years and having been at many of their functions…it may come up. If it does…I will report.

Actually, it is immaterial what your own family feel about it.

IT IS NON OF THEIR BUSINESS!

Forcing others to follow their wishes!!

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
and another can of worms

the people that are one way on abortion, but the other way on the death penalty - in that both are legal termination of a human life

One is guilty of heinous sin and one is the purest most innocent human life in existence.

I personally see a stark difference.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

pretty unnecessary, over-the-top ad homme approach.

Yes. Little lord font Leroy is like most leftists, you agree with him or you are a terrible human.

Maybe when the little fella grows up he will acquire some sense...

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I mean, he is young, and yolk is still on him -- give him a decade, and he'll be a GOP

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
and another can of worms

One is guilty of heinous sin and one is the purest most innocent human life in existence.

and yet one of those can exist outside it's host, and the, not so much. I do respect you, but I think we are wrong on this one. IIRC< something like 80% of all human pregnancies result in spontaneous abortions - it's been a minute since bio for bio majors, and I could be wrong in the %

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
while a vast number of fertilized eggs may indeed
not achieve inplantion
( not that 80% is provable)

an unimplated fertilized egg is not a “spontaneous abortion”
it is simply a fertized egg that was never implanted

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Let’s approach the issue another way. Forget about the Texas law. Just as a matter of individual choice, should a pregnant woman carrying a fetus with trisomy 18 . . . a defect where studies have shown that only 50% of babies who are carried to term will be born alive and the median of survival among live births has varied between 2.5 and 14.5 days and where about 90% - 95% of babies do not survive beyond the first year . . . be legally prohibited from exercising her own judgment to terminate such a pregnancy?

Mike

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let’s approach the issue another way. Forget about the Texas law. Just as a matter of individual choice, should a pregnant woman carrying a fetus with trisomy 18 . . . a defect where studies have shown that only 50% of babies who are carried to term will be born alive and the median of survival among live births has varied between 2.5 and 14.5 days and where about 90% - 95% of babies do not survive beyond the first year . . . be legally prohibited from exercising her own judgment to terminate such a pregnancy?

Look at it from another angle.

The religious zealots are against abortion.

Basically like ALL religions.

But, they also call for the elimination of ALL of those who believe other religions, once they are born! clap

The wonderfull world of religious logic!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
and another can of worms

and yet one of those can exist outside it's host, and the, not so much. I do respect you, but I think we are wrong on this one. IIRC< something like 80% of all human pregnancies result in spontaneous abortions - it's been a minute since bio for bio majors, and I could be wrong in the %

Don’t know about humans. But in horses where we artificially inseminate, thus know every pregnancy precisely and monitor religiously with ultrasound…embryonic loss is actually uncommon. And the vast majority of properly timed inseminations result in an implanted pregnancy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

As Dr. Butler always correctly states…each side always tries to take their desire too far. Roe v Wade led to 15,000 abortions in 5 months in a conservative state. Those kind of numbers are shameful…actually sickening.

So in an effort to not do as the left did when they shoved abortion on demand, for convenience, down our throats…it is certainly an area where I could listen to compromise.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . so returning to the Texas law, you saying it goes too far?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
No doubt about that. Not to mention that criminal idiot Paxton taking it 2 steps further……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

i approach this from a scientific humanist
ideology
either “ it” the zygote (fertilized egg)
has unique human DNA and is therefore human
or it is not

if “it” is human
“it” has the same inalienable ( unalienable) rights as does any other “human”

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:

i approach this from a scientific humanist
ideology
either “ it” the zygote (fertilized egg)
has unique human DNA and is therefore human
or it is not

if “it” is human
“it” has the same inalienable ( unalienable) rights as does any other “human”

My toenail clippings have "unique human DNA", I guess Republicans will want to regulate them next.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote