New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juneteenth Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Well congress 'in their wisdom' has passed into law that will make June 19 (Juneteenth) a national holiday. Hell, why not? The vast amount doesn't work anyway, might as well make it official. Oh right, once again speaking the truth makes me a racist.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe it should have become a National Holiday. At some point we are going to have more holidays than work days.

National Holidays are starting to sound no more important than any other "celebratory day", like National "Eat A Peanut Butter Sandwich" Day, or January 15th, National Strawberry Ice Cream Day. (We no longer celebrate Lincoln or Washington's Birthday. We celebrate President's Day.)

Worse, it means every race and every religion should have their own "Day", just to be fair.

And of course we all have to celebrate Festivus on December 23rd.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
quote:
And of course we all have to celebrate Festivus on December 23rd.

My Favorite rotflmo

Posts: 1076 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn, my birthday's now just another federal holiday! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Just more woke cancel culture- I.e. the left doing what they do best. Which is nothing of substance.More feel good bullshit. 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
its called pandering to the masses

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, in the article I read in National Revue about this, congressman Rosenburg who was instrumental in passing this made the comment "that it was about time to call an ace an ace." Hmmm, had he used the old tried + true adage about "calling a spade a spade" he most likely would have shot himself in the foot to say the least.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm, had he used the old tried + true adage about "calling a spade a spade" he most likely would have shot himself in the foot to say the least.

rotflmo clap

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Got you all beat!

Some of your birthday's is a federal holiday?

My birthday is a national holiday in every Muslim country! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67021 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
We should celebrate with a sing along!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy8ruCspMH4

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the Western Auto hardware store in nearby Georgetown,Tx. when they used to give out the annual calendars every year; on what folks now call MLK day, they had listed as Robert E. Lee's birthday. I liked that; a ready made holiday. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 99 problems and that ain’t one.

Posts: 1278 | Location: The Bluegrass State | Registered: 21 October 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Well congress 'in their wisdom' has passed into law that will make June 19 (Juneteenth) a national holiday.
Hell, why not? The vast amount doesn't work anyway, might as well make it official.
Oh right, once again speaking the truth makes me a racist.

Obamacare did more for the 30-hour work week than all of the unions put together.
With more products designed for automation, we won't need so many workdays anyway...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think if you read between the lines, so-to-speak, we see that this new 'holiday' instituted by the left is just a sublime way to perpetually remind black people of their slavery past and to mind the way they vote since they were now given a special holiday. Slick but pretty sick too.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I think if you read between the lines, so-to-speak, we see that this new 'holiday' instituted by the left is just a sublime way to perpetually remind black people of their slavery past and to mind the way they vote since they were now given a special holiday. Slick but pretty sick too.

Agree. Up until about a year ago, probably 80% or more of the black population had no idea what it was..

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
probably 80% or more of the black population had no idea what it was..

and the percentage of the white population?
Not sure why it should be a Federal Holiday, but isn't it interesting that it took 2 1/2 years for the news of emancipation to get to Texas? Damn, must be the damn useless post office again!
As to the liberal left and pandering to the masses, wonder why only 14 Republicans, those beacons of truth and the American way, voted against it? Could they be out brown nosing the brown nosers? No! Couldn't be!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, perhaps the word didn't go out to everyone but the proclomation of emancipation was delivered on the Galveston docks on June 19th.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but isn't it interesting that it took 2 1/2 years for the news of emancipation to get to Texas? Damn, must be the damn useless post office again!

IDK but having the amount of destruction and loss of life that happened during the Civil War may be a factor. Just a thought. Things were a lot different 160 odd years ago than they are now.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! After any war there is mass confusion + structural upheaval to say the least; + in 1865 where the common use of news passing was word of mouth, or maybe the telegraph if the lines weren't down. So we can not judge them by today's standards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20. I can't imagine how tough times probably were back then. The US was a very different place. People were not dependent on government services so survival was possible as most people were self sufficient, however, no doubt very difficult. Wouldn't happen in this day and age though. An upheaval of such magnitude would cause massive depopulation.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the past is another country; they do things differently there.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I’m really confused why monuments of Confederate leaders are torn down because they are reminders of slavery, yet a federal holiday has been established that is also a reminder of slavery.

Oh, the emancipation proclamation really made slave owners criminals, just like how Biden is trying to make legal gun owners criminals. Yes, there’s a disconnect, but those guns I legally owned (before that fateful boat accident), now would make me a criminal. Hmm…

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, reparations are the next step.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m really confused why monuments of Confederate leaders are torn down because they are reminders of slavery, yet a federal holiday has been established that is also a reminder of slavery.

That's the thing. I bet 95% of the population does not get this. That includes the blacks and anyone else who celebrate this new holiday. Proves humans are pretty stupid.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waiting for Texas independence day to become a national holiday...
Or maybe we'll just TEXIT and shut down ALL the pipe lines! HaHa!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Oh, reparations are the next step.

BET billionaire Robert Johnson calls for $14T in reparations — and wants a check too
By Lee BrownJune 30, 2021 | 8:09am | Updated

Take a look at the people protesting and holding up signs.....all white. Stupid, misguided fools.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 249 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Times are strange (I'm being nice)......we have ~15% of our great country's population (blacks and LGBTQIAXYZ) determining what the rest can say, think or do lest they be assassinated by the media or social media. I was always live and let live until they started this angry revolt against a mostly imaginary enemy. I personally don't like being called a racist or misogynist when I'm neither. Is there any stopping this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

^ This. It's terminal and nothing can be done.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I am not against any people be them black pink or blue. Regarding the culture war, in the age of social media, a culture war mixed with many entities engaged in “cancel” warfare, people are scared to have their lives ruined so the evil and or intellectual children are running the show. Unless the sane and the non post reality people stand up and hold the culture and reality line, we will be trampled over.

quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:
Times are strange (I'm being nice)......we have ~15% of our great country's population (blacks and LGBTQIAXYZ) determining what the rest can say, think or do lest they be assassinated by the media or social media. I was always live and let live until they started this angry revolt against a mostly imaginary enemy. I personally don't like being called a racist or misogynist when I'm neither. Is there any stopping this?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27600 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This. It's terminal and nothing can be done.

rotflmo clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
I am not against any people be them black pink or blue. Regarding the culture war, in the age of social media, a culture war mixed with many entities engaged in “cancel” warfare, people are scared to have their lives ruined so the evil and or intellectual children are running the show. Unless the sane and the non post reality people stand up and hold the culture and reality line, we will be trampled over.

quote:
Originally posted by Bull Sprig:

I couldn't agree more and I tell people that every chance I get. The good people (whom I still believe far outnumber these crazies) need to stand up and be heard or we're gonna lose.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The good people (whom I still believe far outnumber these crazies) need to stand up and be heard or we're gonna lose.

Yep. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn't Juneteenth the celebration of the Republicans freeing the Democrats' slaves?

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, but give them a little time to rewrite history as they are doing now to indoctrinate pre-K kids to believe the fallacies of the left.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

And the blacks are too stupid to realize this! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67021 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the blacks are too stupid to realize this! clap

And every year the libtards will make sure to bring up that they, in their great benevolence, gave black people their own holiday- so you better vote accordingly. It will work too.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john c.:
its called pandering to the masses

Until they lead you right off a cliff. Big Grin

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1602 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote