Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A situation Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
You and your family are in my prayers. May God bless you and keep you in his hands

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Thinking of you buddy!

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Just saw this thread. AC, I've always regarded you as one of the true 'good guys' here on AR, I'm sorry to read of your condition. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers, may your journey be as painfree and comfortable as possible. Keep your family close, both your real family and your buddies here on AR.

God Bless you, sir!

Posts: 3860 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I just saw this for the first time..... and checked out old PM exchanges .....

AC my friend, take care and God be with you.

I am actually struggling for words ...

But thank you for the support and friendship. Your objective views of life around you. Your willingness to step out and offer a hand. Sharing some of your experiences in Stanford and so on .... and your humility.

Wish you and your family all the best and hope the auction goes well.

My prayers are with you and your family.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC - terrible news to hear - my thoughts and my prayers go out to you. Nothing I could say would even be close to adequate, but I've often found comfort in the words of Saint John, Chapter 19, Verses 1-21:

quote:
1After [He appeared to his followers in Jerusalem,] Jesus showed himself again to the disciples by the Sea of Tiberias; and he showed himself in this way. 2Gathered there together were Simon Peter, Thomas called the Twin, Nathanael of Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two others of his disciples. 3Simon Peter said to them, “I am going fishing.” They said to him, “We will go with you.” They went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

4Just after daybreak, Jesus stood on the beach; but the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. 5Jesus said to them, “Children, you have no fish, have you?” They answered him, “No.” 6He said to them, “Cast the net to the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast it, and now they were not able to haul it in because there were so many fish. 7That disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” When Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on some clothes, for he was naked, and jumped into the sea. 8But the other disciples came in the boat, dragging the net full of fish, for they were not far from the land, only about a hundred yards off.

9When they had gone ashore, they saw a charcoal fire there, with fish on it, and bread. 10Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish that you have just caught.” 11So Simon Peter went aboard and hauled the net ashore, full of large fish, a hundred fifty-three of them; and though there were so many, the net was not torn. 12Jesus said to them, “Come and have breakfast.” Now none of the disciples dared to ask him, “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord. 13Jesus came and took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish. 14This was now the third time that Jesus appeared to the disciples after he was raised from the dead.

15When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my lambs.” 16A second time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He said to him, “Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Tend my sheep.” 17He said to him the third time, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter felt hurt because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” And he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep. 18Very truly, I tell you, when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go.” 19(He said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God.) After this he said to him, “Follow me.”

Peace be with you -

Ron Fischer
Chinook, Montana

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your family Sir.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God Bless. May the dignity you have shown in life's journey remain and bring comfort during the last mile.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Okay guys, here's the update. On the 26th of September, next Thursday, I am going to be officially removed from Hospice Care.

I was placed in Hospice with an estimated 3 months or less to live, in the last week of January.

Now, almost 9 months later I am doing well enough that they've given up estimating when I will croak. And I seem to be getting a wee bit stronger every week, (knock on wood).

Hope to read more of the stuff you guys put up here, for maybe another year or two.

Best wishes to you all.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news!!!! Keep doing what you're doing, something going right.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alberta Canuck:
Hope to read more of the stuff you guys put up here, for maybe another year or two.

Sorry my friend it doesn't work that way. Stop putting time limits on yourself. You will go when it is time. Maybe two years, maybe ten.

You have been a bright light on this forum for as long as I can remember and I hope you will continue to shine for a long time to come.
beer

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is Great News.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!!

That is the best news I have heard in quite a while.

Posts: 40 | Location: new york | Registered: 22 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!
It seems that all the prayers from your friends here may be helping to keep you around a while longer!
I'll keep you in my prayers, but I think you had better hold back at least a 22 from that auction...

your gonna need at least one toy to keep you occupied!

All the best......

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1964 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent news

Posts: 2356 | Location: Moscow | Registered: 07 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pa.Frank:
Excellent news!
It seems that all the prayers from your friends here may be helping to keep you around a while longer!
I'll keep you in my prayers, but I think you had better hold back at least a 22 from that auction...

your gonna need at least one toy to keep you occupied!

All the best......

Thank you for all the good wishes.

An d the best news for me is...I have held b ack ALL of my guns from the auction. Or rather, my good wife did. Last February I deeded them all over to her and was going to auction them off so she would have the money free and clear of probate.

She cancelled the auction plans in late February, saying she knew how much they all meant to me and, since she did not need the money as long as I am alive, she would not allow them to leave our possession until one or the other of us really, really needed the money or I was deceased, which ever comes first.

A truly GOOD wife when it comes to loyalty.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the pm I sent. I was having a severe dose of cranio-rectal inversion that day and did not fully read the discussion.

I am glad that things have turned for the better for you.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great news! Hang in there

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote